Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama deserves the benefit of the doubt...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Alabama deserves the benefit of the doubt...

Dec 4, 2017, 1:17 PM

Just like we would if the situation was reversed. Both teams are PROVEN. Some say Clemson got a bad draw. I say Alabama got a bad draw. That’s the attitude our coach takes and our fans should have as well. Game On. To be the best... you have to beat the best.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one deserves anything

Dec 4, 2017, 1:19 PM

Need objective measures to choose 4 teams.
Not feels.

Re: No one deserves anything

Dec 4, 2017, 1:24 PM

That’s the problem. There is no objective way to measure teams in college football unless they play each other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

You could get closer

Dec 4, 2017, 1:26 PM

Here are the 6 conference champs, who won the right to be considered on the field, playing football in their championship games.

Pick 4.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You could get closer

Dec 4, 2017, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: No one deserves anything ]

Here are the 6 conference champs, who won the right to be considered on the field, playing football in their championship games.

Pick 4.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Even that doesn't work, since Auburn is left out this year

Dec 4, 2017, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: No one deserves anything ]

It played 3 of the teams in the Playoffs, beat 2 of them, and lost to one at the beginning of the year, and another with depleted RBs in a championship game with (likely) a crowd disadvantage.

Clemson

And they played their confirm champ game and

Dec 4, 2017, 1:45 PM

Lost.

Out of playoff contention.no disccusion, no eye test....out.

Re: No one deserves anything Yea, it’s not like Auburn

Dec 4, 2017, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: No one deserves anything ]

beat Alabama head-to-head. I mean recently. Oh, they did? Never mind.

Emily Litella

I disagree. I wouldn't have had any problem

Dec 4, 2017, 1:23 PM

With Miami making it by winning the acc champ game and knocking clemson out

I think Clemson got a bad draw for a number of reasons...

Dec 4, 2017, 1:24 PM

location & I believe a healthy Alabama is better than UGA and possibly OU as well, but I have not watched much of OU this year, so I don't say so with certainty, not this year anyway.

If I weigh Alabama's draw, I'm sure they are happy to be in at all, deservedly so or not, as it was a question while they sat and watched teams win/lose, making way for Alabama's inclusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Clemson got a bad draw for a number of reasons...

Dec 4, 2017, 1:33 PM

Not so sure about location. They've lost more than they have won there under Saban. Lost to Utah, Oklahoma, and OSU. Ironically, the only time they won was playing hometown Lsu.

I'm in the minority, but I think Oklahoma is as good as anyone. They can run and throw. D struggles, but scoring is the name of the game. See the last 2 title games. I think Uga is the weakest of the 4, but we'll see.

Message was edited by: Tmax

Yes, but that shows me they are familiar. Bama's a 4hr...

Dec 4, 2017, 2:18 PM

drive from NO, well within the 6hr recruiting circle; it is the backyard of the SEC, no doubt about it.

Bama counts a dozen or so recruits from Louisiana, more from Mississippi, Alabama of course and surrounding areas - it's a short drive for many.

The City of New Orleans is likely inundated with Alabama gear, being so close to home and again, the primary rival of LSU as LSU is the only D1 Power 5 team in the wonderful state of LA.

If SEC SEC SEC is a thing, we've all seen it, then the majority might likely pull for the regional son.

It's also a TZ difference, not a huge issue, but everything matters.

It was the home of the SEC Champion for many years, the Sugar Bowl tie-in is SEC.

I also believe Saban and Dabo are hands down the 2 best HC in the Playdowns, Kirby & Lincoln just cutting their teeth.

I agree with you about UGA, I believe they are 4 as well, but I believe their chances are better in an OU matchup, than they would be in a Bama or Clemson one.

All good stuff.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama deserves to get Rocked.

Dec 4, 2017, 1:26 PM

Hope we oblige them.

Deserved based on their SEC schedule alone ?

Dec 4, 2017, 1:32 PM

Cause their OOC schedule sucketh

eye test > conference championship***

Dec 4, 2017, 1:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama ALWAYS receives the benefit of the doubt...

Dec 4, 2017, 1:39 PM

if we expand to 8 teams does the SEC get 4 teams in the playoff?

Dec 4, 2017, 1:41 PM

I like 4 teams because that will keep the coots out forever

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama deserves the benefit of the doubt...

Dec 4, 2017, 1:42 PM

At least we didn't have to cry and beg to get in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 2:26 PM

We crushed the Gamecocks, we already beat “Cousin Auburn”. Now we have an opportunity to whip their “Daddy Bama” and toothless “Cousin Georgia” too. Let’s dominate the SEC. Then what are those morons in Columbia going to crow about? BRING IT ON!

Dec 4, 2017, 2:37 PM

They beat NC State without a laptop!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic