Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND vs clemson a lot closer than 30-3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

ND vs clemson a lot closer than 30-3

Jan 1, 2019, 7:42 PM

What a ####### joke...and of course this is from an Alabama website. If anything the game could have been way worse than the final score. I hope they keep underestimating this team

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/1/1/18162378/graphing-clemson-vs-notre-dame-brian-kelly-was-right-its-a-lot-closer-than-it-seemed

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama-Citadel sure felt closer than the score (50-17)***

Jan 1, 2019, 7:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama-Citadel sure felt closer than the score (50-17)***

Jan 1, 2019, 7:48 PM

How any players did the tigers play?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama-Citadel sure felt closer than the score (50-17)***

Jan 1, 2019, 7:56 PM

I believe the participation said 25 on offense and 27 on defense, or about 52 or 54 total played.

The most important question for Notre Dame...

Jan 1, 2019, 7:46 PM

"Did it feel like a win?"

Re: The most important question for Notre Dame...

Jan 1, 2019, 8:21 PM

Bub, I’ll borrow a quote from our next great LB coming down the pipe:

Antoine Sampah, 2020 LB, Woodbridge (Va.): “Great game. Clemson was dominating the whole time!! LOL didn’t even need their starters.”

Yeah, maybe played backups in the fourth... no we’re not you bama, we don’t run up the score.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND vs clemson a lot closer than 30-3

Jan 1, 2019, 7:51 PM

those 80 rushing yards they had on us really made it a lot closer than it seemed on the score board.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 7:51 PM

They should print that on toilet paper and give to Auburn to toss on their trees.

It's kindof true on offense. On defense we dominated them.

Jan 1, 2019, 7:53 PM

On offense our strategy didn't work at all and we didn't really put anything together. We just out-athleted them basically.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's kindof true on offense. On defense we dominated them.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:00 PM

good old uttles. smfh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

###? We doubled the yardage on the them and racked

Jan 1, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to It's kindof true on offense. On defense we dominated them. ]

up 538 total yards. The fourth quarter was played with second and third stringers. It could have been much worse. smh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ###? We doubled the yardage on the them and racked

Jan 1, 2019, 8:01 PM

baltimore, old uttles know all. in his own mind anyway.

big plays tend to rack up the yardage***

Jan 1, 2019, 8:12 PM [ in reply to ###? We doubled the yardage on the them and racked ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: big plays tend to rack up the yardage***

Jan 1, 2019, 9:20 PM

So...big plays shouldn't count? Dude , you gotta stop! ??

Re: It's kindof true on offense. On defense we dominated them.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:03 PM [ in reply to It's kindof true on offense. On defense we dominated them. ]

you must have seen a different game than I did??

must be that common core math***

Jan 1, 2019, 7:57 PM

Jan 1, 2019, 7:59 PM

Complete garbage. Easy to write an article Against a dominant performance when you pick and chose statistics. Spin in all day Bamer, but you can’t hope your team to victory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My goodness, they're right!

Jan 1, 2019, 8:00 PM

They could have won the game with just 10 more field goals! Glad we escaped with the win!

I'm honored we take up so much space on their board

Jan 1, 2019, 8:03 PM

We must be serious in their head. Already dreaming up apologetics

Jan 1, 2019, 8:06 PM

I was nervous about the first Natty against Bama. The second, I thought we had a good chance. This time, I expect to win. Barring turnovers or poor special teams play, I feel very confident.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 8:10 PM
JP BS.png(103.6 K)

That is one big pile of.......

lies, #### lies, and statistics

Jan 1, 2019, 8:07 PM

Has rarely been more applicable

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 8:11 PM

This is a piece of garbage to make bama look good for letting Oklahoma back in it. All year ND has done two things, played good solid defense and kept everything jn front of them. Also, love was not out of the game as long as people think. He’d star on bama’s team... so ND is a good defensive team.

2. ND has been an excellent second half team. All year they’ve made excellent adjustments. Suck it bama you were playing the worst defensive team in cfp. ND would give Oklahoma a good game and your as ##### got really tight when they were within 10 points mid 4th. One stop and it’d been really close.

So screw ya pal. Spot the #### ball and we’ll see next Monday. Heck, spot it tomorrow if you want because it ain’t going to matter. I quit reading after you said we played backups in the fourth when we played them all game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Bammer demolished them for the title...

Jan 1, 2019, 8:12 PM

They beat them by 28. We beat them by 27.

So either we both waxed them or both games were nail biters. Can’t have it both ways!

~JKB

good lord....***

Jan 1, 2019, 8:14 PM

It's not as critical of Clemson as it looks. Most people

Jan 1, 2019, 8:14 PM

will see the headline, get PO'd and not read it but there's some good data there even if you don't agree with the conclusions he draws from it. He even concedes, using the same metrics, that last year's Sugar Bowl was a lot closer that it appeared.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that makes them feel better, I hope they write more of these

Jan 1, 2019, 8:16 PM

And share it with our guys

Jan 1, 2019, 8:21 PM

That fella just took a bunch of analytics to make himself feel better. I read most of his pseudo mathematical drivel and statistics, and I notice two things: he doesn’t spend that much time focusing on the scoreboard (you know, the thing that really matters), nor does he mention the total yards statistics. Clemson outgained Notre Shame literally almost 2 to 1. They outscored them by 4 TDS. They ran for over 200 yards and Notre Shame didn’t even have 100 yards. Clemson won the turnover stat 3 to 1, and he didn’t mention that.

Here’s what I think: to me, that whole thing read like a dude who was trying to convince himself that Clemson isn’t that great because he thinks Notre Shame isn’t that great because Clemson just COULDN’T possibly be that good. The typical Alabama homers (I.e. Finebum callers) are always arrogant and over confident, which is why I am certain most of them think that Alabama will win the Title Game. 49-6. However, stat geeks like the guy who wrote that article (the type that think they know a lot more about football than they really do) are nervous. They are secretly afraid of Clemson, and they suddenly aren’t so sure that Alabama has the greatest team in NCAA history as the pundits have said all year. I’m no football expert or stats geek. I’m just a dude who has watched and kept up with Clemson football for over 30 years, and this team, to me, Is the best Clemson team I have ever seen, and I really do think that, barring a complete meltdown via significant unforced errors and turnovers, Clemson will beat Alabama by at least a TD this year because I honestly think that Clemson is at least a TD better than anyone in the nation this year. Stat man secretly believes this as well, but he wrote that article to convince himself otherwise.

Message was edited by: BigChief2000®

Message was edited by: BigChief2000®

I don’t mind that analysis

Jan 1, 2019, 8:22 PM

I thought the game was more competitive than the score. But Clemson figures out how to hit some big plays and how to get the run game going. We made adjustments and they didn’t.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:25 PM

Agree. At minimum without fumble at end inside ten and missed PAT, 38-3 Clemson!

Jan 1, 2019, 8:42 PM

Stats and opinions are like buttholes- everyone has 'em.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: ND vs clemson a lot closer than 30-3 ]

Not to mention the blocked PAT and missed FG. Our Tigers were far from perfect.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 8:38 PM

Could have easily been 48-3 and that is with starters out i

Jan 1, 2019, 8:51 PM

4th quarter.

Missed a FG and extra point, that would make it 34-3. Fumbled inside the 10 in the 4th or it would be 41-3. Took a knee on last drive inside the 15 or it would be 48-3 and that is with TLAW out for 4th quarter.

How in the world are they saying it was closer than it seemed.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:52 PM

That's all just a bunch of meaningless math . Clemson dominated the lines of scrimmage and made almost every big play in that game .
Sounds like a lot of Bammers are trying to figure out how they're not going to lose this game on Monday .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 1, 2019, 9:09 PM

I'm not a whiz on this new math but every time I use the old math and subtract 3 from 30 the answer is always 27. And when I see we gained over 500 yards and the Domers gained less than 300, that tells me we were dominant. I didn't know that big plays were supposed to be a non-factor in the game. I always thought that was one of the objectives. I guess if we eliminated those four long plays for TDs, it would have been a closer game.

This looks to me like it's some of that new "feel good" stats.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 9:10 PM

Clemson had backups in during the 3rd quarter and all starters out throughout most of the 4th in a playoff game.

only thing i was not happy with was special teams play

Jan 1, 2019, 9:19 PM

other than that we owned the irish.

Jan 1, 2019, 9:24 PM

Yea I read this garbage earlier.

How in the hell is a team supposed to get over 500 yards of offense without 10 or so big plays???? You could say this #### about just about any lopsided game.

We dominated plain and simple. If they want to let them in next you to take another ### whooping I'm all for it.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic