Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Airline trip insurance????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Airline trip insurance????

Nov 27, 2018, 8:21 PM

Spending $4300 to look at Mt Rushmore in June. Paying for it now. My policy on product insurance is "never". Any saavy travelers that can convince me otherwise?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Airline trip insurance????

Nov 27, 2018, 8:24 PM

Nope. Just no. God Forbid, Unless you have any family members poss. near deaths door

Most of the terms of coverage doesn’t really help you unless someone dies or injury occurs etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 8:25 PM

Now traveler insurance is something different. I got it on the way to Europe... it covers you and helps rebooking if the airline totally cr*ps out etc

Nov 27, 2018, 8:32 PM

Last time I got it nothing was covered. I literally would have had to die on the way to the airport and then my widow would have had a fight

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 8:33 PM

The best Airline insurance would be instant wings pill, or keep both feet planted firmly on the ground!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 8:53 PM

There is a big difference in Airline insurance and Trip protection. I am a travel agent and you would not believe the stories I have seen and heard. Travel protection Yes, Airline insurance I don't recommend. If you need an assistance just let me know. www.BootstoJourneys.com

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you die your loved ones will appreciate the extra cash***

Nov 27, 2018, 8:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I usually get it for trips like yours....

Nov 27, 2018, 8:58 PM

You never know what's going to happen between now and then. insuremytrip.com is where I get my policies. "Name brand" insurance companies with good ratings. And you can compare policies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 9:03 PM

I've never bought trip insurance in my life until I booked flights to Tucson for an August hiking trip. For some reason, my gut told me to spend the $35 or so and get trip protection (I believe it was AIG through whomever I booked my flights through). Anyhow, as luck would have it I wrecked my bike, fractured the head off my femur, and had to have a total hip replacement on July 1. Long story short, I sent them my medical records and was reimbursed about $600 for the full plane fare with no hassle. I don't fly much but I may have become a believer.

I am a NO and Never on warranties and such ...but .....

Nov 27, 2018, 9:52 PM

on travel?..... my first time purchase saved me?

Are you depending on or traveling with "Others"??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 10:11 PM

Insurance is Insurance.

I booked the Sugar Bowl last year for my family of 3. Tickets, Hotel and Flight On Dec 15th, my wife suffered a detached retina and had to have surgery. Essentially, the wallpaper completely pulled away from the wall.

Description of the surgery:
After the vitreous is removed, fluid can be drained from under the neurosensory retina to 'flatten' it. Once the neurosensory retina is flattened and positioned back to where it should be, the vitreous cavity of the eyeball is filled with either gas or silicone oil. The gas and silicone oil are tamponade agents that keep the neurosensory retina pressed against the retinal pigment epithelium. Tamponade agents hold the retina in place by providing internal pressure to prevent the neurosensory retina from peeling off again.

Because of the surgery, she couldn't fly because of the risk of "pressure changes" during the flight.

I bought travel insurance and got a complete refund for her portion. Best $60 I've ever spent.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:26 PM

I struggled with the idea but bought the insurance for a family trip scheduled to the Caribbean. Then hurricane Maria hit. I got my airline ticket money back that would have been otherwise lost. In the end it was a good move. Saved me over $2k.

Nov 28, 2018, 6:11 AM

Use Allianz Travel Insurance and you can get coverage that includes getting fired, or losing job, medical issues etc. I had a friend whose father had a heart attach 1 week before a cruise he spent $20K on, and he got a full refund. Also, will cover trip interruption, lost baggage and medical issues during trip...medical is less of issue in US, however when traveling overseas it’s a must! Also, if you have end high end credit card, some cards have travel insurance built in when tickets are charged to the card. Call your credit card company and ask before purchasing tickets.

Nov 28, 2018, 8:10 AM

$4300?? How many are traveling?? I may be able to help you?

Nov 28, 2018, 4:07 PM

4 of us

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic