Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ain't skeered of the Woof Pack...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,405

Ain't skeered of the Woof Pack...

Sep 29, 2014, 11:25 AM

Mediocre team.

Got to 4-0 thanks to a joke of a schedule.

Caught FSU napping for 3 quarters.

No defense (maybe even worse than UNC).

Won't be close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Folks talk about how they gave FSU a great game...

Sep 29, 2014, 11:28 AM

...don't forget FSU was coming out of an emotional gut-wrenching OT game of its own. That likely took something out of the Noles, who then finally had to go into a truly hostile environment.

Let's see how the Wuffies handle the same.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev, I honestly think it's Raleigh...

Sep 29, 2014, 11:30 AM

For some reason FSU always comes out flat there, and sometimes we do too. Just look at last year. We should have beaten that team by 50. Something about their home field does not inspire motivation.

I think we crush 'em in the Valley. Especially after seeing FSU struggle and with BV pi$$ed at the defense for the second half against the Tar Holes.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

They gave up 7.5 yards/ play to FSU

Sep 29, 2014, 11:35 AM

Including 5 yards/ carry. They also gave up 4 sacks, and probably would've given up more with less of an elusive QB.

For contrast, Clemson held FSU to 4.8 yards/ play and 0.5 yards/ rush. FSU only sacked our QB once. Really, the only big advantage for NC State's offense was in the running game, where they gained 4.4 yards/ carry while Clemson gained only 2.5 yards/ carry (3.1- still not very good- if you don't count the bad snap as a rush).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You also gotta love the difference in reaction to losing

Sep 29, 2014, 11:39 AM

Clemson fans are embarassed that their team went on the road against the #1 team and dominated throughout, but somehow managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory in a game they lost in OT. The narrative is that Clemson losing that game was a failure.

NC State fans think they've found something because they lost by 15 at home after being up 24-7 in the second quarter. The narrative there is that State succeeded by covering the spread, or something. Nobody thinks State frittered their game away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference is...

Sep 29, 2014, 12:10 PM

NCS is pretty much helpless and their best days are now. Clemson will get better and better each and every week as our new QB leads us to a new identity.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ain't skeered of the Woof Pack...

Sep 29, 2014, 11:55 AM

Me thinks you take the wolf too lightly. Will be a challenge and maybe a toss up game. Our defense is not as good as everyone had hoped, especially BV. Hope he finds a way to get them to play to their pre-season lofty expectations. A "no fly zone" secondary. Daydreaming.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the coot is strong in this post***

Sep 29, 2014, 12:07 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

LOL

Sep 29, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Ain't skeered of the Woof Pack... ]

'cause coot.

Sep 29, 2014, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Ain't skeered of the Woof Pack... ]

You're a joke and obviously not watching the same games we are. Our secondary is stout, especially in comparison to the last few years, and our front seven are the best in the country. And you say a "toss up" game. I would call you a Coot but you are obviously from a school that only has a basketball team and an intramural FB team(NCSt.). Let's talk more about this Saturday night you chump.

Me thinks your pulse is mighty low! Coot much?

Sep 29, 2014, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Ain't skeered of the Woof Pack... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People have short memories

Sep 29, 2014, 12:10 PM

In 2011 a very mediocre 5-5 wolfpack team rolled Clemson 37-13. Sure, Clemson has beaten them 9 out of the last 10 years, but historically they have been a thorn in Clemson's side. I believe they are one of the few teams in the ACC to lead their series against Clemson. Never take a conference team lightly. Having said that, I still think we beat them by four touchdowns. The 14 point spread is not enough.

You, honest to God, had me worried all the way to the...

Sep 29, 2014, 12:12 PM

punchline. I spewed tea all over my laptop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now THAT game was a definition of "Clemsoning"

Sep 29, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to People have short memories ]

Bitterly disappointing effort on the road. 2013 wasn't ugly early as well.

I believe we can wear them down in the Valley ... both on the ground and in the air. Just depends which way they want to fall.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, dude. The series isn't even close.

Sep 29, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to People have short memories ]

Clemson leads 53-28-1

Is there a team in the ACC, other than FSU that leads CU?

Sep 29, 2014, 12:16 PM

Maybe Ga. Tech?

Nailed this one

Sep 29, 2014, 12:18 PM

it is Ga Tech indeed

They do not lead the series.***

Sep 29, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to People have short memories ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2014, 12:13 PM

You mean that gay little hand gesture doesn't skeer you? :)

Not sure what is more not terrifying...

Sep 29, 2014, 12:15 PM

The VT gobble

The NC State howl

Or the Chicken cluck

I find Virginia's Pergolas particularly intimidating

Sep 29, 2014, 12:22 PM

but that's just me.

Do not forget...

Sep 29, 2014, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Not sure what is more not terrifying... ]

Move the chains, move the chains, wuff, wuff, wuff

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't they almost loose to Georgia Southern or something

Sep 29, 2014, 12:17 PM

at home?

And people really think we'll have any trouble with them?

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

People trying to create suspense where it ain't needed.

Sep 29, 2014, 12:19 PM

Kinda like when IBWG thought he had a chance by submitting a certain application.

;)

We gotta just play 4 complete quarters!

Sep 29, 2014, 2:04 PM

No let down! Killer instinct!

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,405
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic