Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Garrett Boulware signs with the Reds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Garrett Boulware signs with the Reds

Jun 17, 2014, 10:04 AM

Garrett Boulware signs with the Reds

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another gets the hell out of Jack Leg Land

Jun 17, 2014, 10:13 AM

It looks like we will have to reach rock bottom before the Jack Leg regime is finally replaced...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least next year Jack will have the excuse

Jun 17, 2014, 10:13 AM

of being a young team again.

Re: At least next year Jack will have the excuse

Jun 17, 2014, 10:18 AM

we will not be young. we got kreiger, wilson, slaton, duggar, gibson, white, crownover, irwin, schmidt, crownover, andrews, moyer, bates and a few others plus the 2 guys that redshirted and hopefully a couple of jucos. imagine a few of the new guys will contribute also. just another old complaint.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So then next year there's no excuse?***

Jun 17, 2014, 11:33 AM

I knew it!!

Jun 17, 2014, 12:22 PM

I clicked on this post to see if deroberts was somewhere on here defending his old buddy Jack and sure enough there you are! Good God man.. I really am starting to wonder if you are Jackleg

Re: That may be the problem. Too many of the "same old"

Jun 17, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: At least next year Jack will have the excuse ]

coming back.

Jun 17, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: At least next year Jack will have the excuse ]

I agree with you about the position players. But the pitching staff is a bit more complicated.

Andrews had Tommy John surgery and will not be back until well after the start of the season, if then. Bates has graduated. He has another year, but may or may not be back. Pohle could come back, but in the last few months he has had surgery for a blood clot in his shoulder AND thoracic outlet syndrome. (Explains why he never got back from the prior shoulder surgery). He may be ready to hang it up. Bostic had elbow issues all year, so who knows what his status will be. Schnell took a medical redshirt. Campana (converted infielder) had elbow issues most of the year. Long could also come back, but after his struggles down the stretch, who knows.

I think you're gonna see a ton of new faces on the pitching staff. And if some of them can't contribute it could be a long season.

> we will not be young. we got kreiger, wilson, slaton,
> duggar, gibson, white, crownover, irwin, schmidt,
> crownover, andrews, moyer, bates and a few others
> plus the 2 guys that redshirted and hopefully a
> couple of jucos. imagine a few of the new guys will
> contribute also. just another old complaint.

Jun 17, 2014, 2:30 PM

just dont see pohle coming back unless he makes remarkable progress. dont see schnell back, maybe campana. they are looking at a juco pitcher. hopefully we can get him in school. long looked ok in spurts. maybe the guys that underachieved will pick it up a notch. a couple of new guys will have to step up for sure. this year was one for the garbage dump for sure.

Jun 17, 2014, 3:07 PM

As with basketbsll this past season compared to the previous season, sometimes there is addition by subtraction. Could very well be the case with baseball next season

Jun 18, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: At least next year Jack will have the excuse ]

You're probably right. Pohle is probably a long shot. And it wouldn't surprise me if Schnell and Campana don't make it back. Either way, the pitching is a huge question mark. Either the freshmen have to make a big contribution, and/or Bostic, Toney, and Schmidt have to start living up to their potential.

> just dont see pohle coming back unless he makes
> remarkable progress. dont see schnell back, maybe
> campana. they are looking at a juco pitcher.
> hopefully we can get him in school. long looked ok in
> spurts. maybe the guys that underachieved will pick
> it up a notch. a couple of new guys will have to step
> up for sure. this year was one for the garbage dump
> for sure.

Jun 17, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to At least next year Jack will have the excuse ]

many here will talk us up but there is always an excuse. I dont know if bad facilities cause us to get behind but the calber of the program is far down from what it once was- stellar. It is now average at best and on a bad day - yikes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2014, 10:05 PM

It's put up or shut up. Jack has no excuses for failing next year. Win or be gone. I would not blame any draft eligible player leaving because of Jack.

Re: Another gets the hell out of Jack Leg Land

Jun 17, 2014, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Another gets the hell out of Jack Leg Land ]

this board hit rock bottom years ago and nothing was done.

It certainly wasn't the Fire Jack crowd that caused that.***

Jun 17, 2014, 10:32 AM

where is good ole practiceguy/baseballfan when

Jun 17, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Another gets the hell out of Jack Leg Land ]

you need him

I'm sure his signing has nothing to do with the fact that

Jun 17, 2014, 12:17 PM

a true freshman Okey was starting in front of him behind the plate...

Re: I'm sure his signing has nothing to do with the fact that

Jun 17, 2014, 12:20 PM

maybe some but I suspect his tantrum that one time didnt put him on jacks most popular list either

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed ... and I saw somewhere that he took a swipe

Jun 17, 2014, 12:30 PM

at the fans as well. It appears he was not a happy camper on the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Agreed ... and I saw somewhere that he took a swipe

Jun 17, 2014, 12:51 PM

I must have missed that. I did see he was willing to do whatever to get out. NOt sure all the reason but it was disappointing

Re: Agreed ... and I saw somewhere that he took a swipe

Jun 17, 2014, 1:07 PM

I know he said something earlier in the year about the fans putting pressure on the team and it being easier to play away than at home or something like that. Hated to see it go down like this though.. and you are right he wanted out no matter what

Okey is much better defensively

Jun 17, 2014, 2:12 PM [ in reply to I'm sure his signing has nothing to do with the fact that ]

Might turn out to be better offensively, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okey is much better defensively

Jun 17, 2014, 9:55 PM

I find it humorous that a junior gets drafted and signs a pro contract like 90% of them do and all of a sudden the kid is 'bailing out'.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic