Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't know the details obviously, but if DRad is screwing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I don't know the details obviously, but if DRad is screwing

Jul 19, 2013, 2:34 AM

with Tim's job against his wishes then he's liable to have a riot on his hands. We all know that Tim is set to be up there beside Bob Bradley in the ring of honor when he finishes his career. I wasn't excited about the hire to begin with because of his track record of 1)Hiring a coach like Paul Johnson 2)single handedly getting GT's ACC Championship taken away 3) track record of doing everything at GT but football. BUT I was resolved to give him a few years to prove himself.

But you go and start screwing around with people who are beloved by the Clemson community especially those future ring of honor inductees and I and others may get a little more than pissed.

As I said, I don't know all the details, but if in the end Tim needs us to go to bat for him then I hope Tiger Nation would rise to the occasion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: I don't know the details obviously, but if DRad is screwing

Jul 19, 2013, 5:29 AM

Yep, not happy about this at all.

Was not Tim's decision.

Also D Rad is wanting to move athletic department people down into the West Zone which was supposed to be designtated a football only facility.

Not thrilled at all. Very concerned

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know the details obviously, but if DRad is screwing

Jul 19, 2013, 5:36 AM

"Single handedly getting ACC championship taken away"? What do you base that on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DRad informed the coach that an NCAA investigation

Jul 19, 2013, 6:19 AM

was underway if I remember correctly.

Message was edited by: clemsonphi®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

I didn't know that. The NCAA is allowed to mandate secrecy

Jul 19, 2013, 6:33 AM

For the coach?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got a link? Would like to see that.***

Jul 19, 2013, 10:21 AM [ in reply to DRad informed the coach that an NCAA investigation ]

Paul Johnson was the one who interfered with the NCAA

Jul 19, 2013, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't know the details obviously, but if DRad is screwing ]

not D RAD.

Re: Paul Johnson was the one who interfered with the NCAA

Jul 19, 2013, 9:52 AM

And the only reason he could do that is because DRad broke NCAA rules.

Hey I despise the NCAA but its the world we life in right now. And you better know how to do your job if want to be an AD at the big boy table.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

His time at GT???

Jul 19, 2013, 5:43 AM

What the heck did he do there other than giving a major assist to their debt? I can't find one good thing he accomplished....and why did we hire him to begin with?

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Also, not happy about him putting the final phase of the

Jul 19, 2013, 7:51 AM

west zone on hold. Football should come 1, 1.a., and 1.b around Clemson.

Re: Agree, not happy at all about that. If you are not

Jul 19, 2013, 8:59 AM

Getting better, you are getting worse. We have seen first hand facilities do for your football program and right now college football is all about "keeping up with the Jones'"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Athletic Director is one of those positions that you can't

Jul 19, 2013, 8:55 AM

reliably judge the individual decisions that they make. The world of an athletic director is a world of myriad variables that we are not privy to. This means we can't reliably judge what the guy does until enough time has passed to witness the long-term results.

All the people who trashed TDP look like fools for doing so these days. Some people have to be able to admit that they are simply not in a position of knowledge about the programs to reliably judge inside decisions.

Our perception of Clemson athletics is but a small fraction of what insiders know. Clemson fans seem to treat all all university officials like an offensive coordinator, judging the minutia of their decisions. The result is awkward, overconfident opinions that are irresponsibly made based on a fraction of the evidence.

Re: Athletic Director is one of those positions that you can't

Jul 19, 2013, 9:02 AM

I know you veiled your comments in third person but you should probably read the post again.

I didn't veil anything. I said exactly what I wanted to say.

Jul 19, 2013, 9:50 AM

And I read your post just fine time the first time.

What's your point about my post?

Re: I didn't veil anything. I said exactly what I wanted to say.

Jul 19, 2013, 10:00 AM

"Clemson fans seem to treat all all university officials like an offensive coordinator, judging the minutia of their decisions. The result is awkward, overconfident opinions that are irresponsibly made based on a fraction of the evidence."

Were you or were you not referring to my post. You responded to my post, but (seemingly) disagreed with what i said by speaking of "fans".

If this is the case then i would point to the last line of my post where i point out any legitimate reaction would have to be made when the full story is told. "As I said, I don't know all the details, but if in the end..."

If this is not the case then I completely apologize for misunderstanding your post and would simply ask you to elaborate further.

No problem, I will explain my post more.

Jul 19, 2013, 10:18 AM

As a Clemson fan, I include myself in that first quote. I have done the very same thing.

I do not consider your post to be "awkward" or "irresponsible" but I believe the tendency to judge specific AD decisions without knowing all the facts, frequently leads to such comments. That is why I worded it the way I did. My thoughts did not apply entirely to your specific post, but they applied to certain elements involved in your post that are found all over Tigernet.

With specific regards to your post, though I am curious as to why Tim Bourret was "demoted" (he may have received a raise for all we know) and though you worded your post carefully, you seemed to imply that you had already formed a negative perspective of the AD based on the several points you made.

Instead of challenging that perception with specifics, because I can't, I made the point that such judgement can be tricky, because we lack information.

Re: No problem, I will explain my post more.

Jul 19, 2013, 10:39 AM

You are correct. MY initial impression of the AD was not positive. Since the hire I've intentionally made a point to look for the positives in the decisions he's made and to this point have defended his decisions including moving toward Basketball and baseball facilities as first priorities.

But this is different. Tim is one of the most beloved People at Clemson. He loves Clemson and he deserves fair shake from all of us. My immediate reaction to the information is the feeling of an outsider coming in and picking on one of us when he hasn't earned the right to do so yet. Yes he has a job but he doesn't yet have trust.

You are right I don't know all the details of the decisions. But to me there are an extreme very few reason's that Tim shouldn't have the job he desires and the job he has had.

and even if its not 100% the best financial decision for some reason. I would think most Clemson people think Tim is worth the sacrifice.

I guess i have a "he may not be perfect but he's ours and he's earned it" mindset.

As before we need to know the facts, to form a legit opinion. And my initial reaction could be totally wrong, we'll just have to wait and see.

Message was edited by: MSTiger02®

I believe that no individual is above the institution.

Jul 19, 2013, 11:05 AM

If Clemson is better off with Tim Bourret running football only (I have no idea if we will be) then I am happier. It's not like he has been fired or disrespected. Maybe his strengths are best suited focusing on football, maybe his life will be just as happy if not happier. Time will tell if this was a poor decision, but I think its counterproductive to let individual loyalty impact institutional decisions.

Re: I believe that no individual is above the institution.

Jul 19, 2013, 3:08 PM

And i would say it would be counter productive to let individual loyalties determine institutional decisions, but it must be an influence. Clemson is not (should not be) a cold institution. This isn't just a 2 year hire that hasn't met expectations. The guy has given his life to Clemson and is regarded as one of the Top SID's in the country. He has done his job with excellence and he's earned my respect because of it. Again, I'm still in wait and see mode, but I'll need to be convinced.

Have kneejerk reaction to every thing we don't like...

Jul 19, 2013, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Athletic Director is one of those positions that you can't ]

is a fan's prerogative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lack of transparency and "inside decisions" is the root

Jul 19, 2013, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Athletic Director is one of those positions that you can't ]

cause of most financial miscarriages whether in sports or elsewhere. Considering that Clemson is a state supported university with a heavy reliance on a variety of fan, alumni and corporate donations, I think some sort of outline of intentions should be requisite. The Board of Trustees have a responsibility to all and should be more forthcoming with at least an intended timeline of future endeavors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree about transparency, but I think even with it

Jul 19, 2013, 10:05 AM

there is so much information that AD's are exposed to that people outside of the athletic department would be hard pressed to responsibly analyze everything. That's why I say its hard to justify direct criticism of individual decisions. I always want to have all the information or at least almost all of it before judging something.

How we gonna pay players and compete with the SEC if...

Jul 19, 2013, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Lack of transparency and "inside decisions" is the root ]

everything is made public?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TDP great fundraiser, terrible AD***

Jul 19, 2013, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Athletic Director is one of those positions that you can't ]

I have to say this...

Jul 19, 2013, 10:59 AM

I love Tim as much as anybody, and I winced a bit at this news, but I take comfort in knowing that more than one person is involved in these decisions, and that each of them know more about running a university athletic department than every member of TigerNet combined. I think the move has potential to play out well; it's not like they got rid of him or anything.

But I can't help but notice that some of the same people upset about this move for Tim, are the same people who don't like that Radakovich postponed the West End Zone expansion in favor of giving money to other sports, saying things akin to "the top three sports at Clemson should be football, football, and football."

In that case, are you not thrilled that Tim Bourret is focusing more on football? Seems to me like you should be.

Re: I have to say this...

Jul 19, 2013, 3:12 PM

I can't really speak to that since I wasn't one of the one's upset by investing in other sports. Its long over due. I also know the revenue stream to invest that much in other sports comes because of football so football should always be our priority, but not in the way of abandoning other sports, I mean in the way of making sure the foundation is good.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic