Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This year more so than 2016 or 2018
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,905

This year more so than 2016 or 2018

Nov 17, 2019, 5:26 PM

I don’t see anyone beating Clemson. Clemson will torch LSU’s defense and will slow their offense. Ohio State is good but they haven’t faced a defense like ours; plus the curse of Charlie Baumann will live forever. Whoever #4 is... doesn’t matter. Great time to be a Tiger!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This year more so than 2016 or 2018

Nov 17, 2019, 5:46 PM

TU on this one... this team is overlooked and definitely R.O.Y. bus riding this year!! OSU gave up 21 points to Rutgers this weekend and LSU gave up 30plus to Vandy and everyone else.. This team knows how to win and do so convincingly. And this defense thrives on the strengths of the teams they should face in these playoffs. Like em up and I like our Tigers to mow em down!! Great time to be a Tiger!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This year more so than 2016 or 2018

Nov 17, 2019, 6:06 PM

+1! 100% agree! I just hope we manage to get to play another of the u’s, “ugay” after we smoke “usuc” in 2 weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Nov 17, 2019, 5:56 PM

And I'll take it one stop further. This is the best Clemson team I have seen in my life. There seems to be a perfect storm of outstanding players at every position, and established coaches that have ingrained their system into these players over the past 5 years to the point to where the players are able to play instinctively.

This is a great team. But, every game they have the potential to lose. I just can't bring myself to actually believe anyone can beat them. They are too good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree

Nov 17, 2019, 6:09 PM

Well, any team “can” get beat, but I don’t see us as incapable of beating anybody. I think we do win back to back NC’s for the first time in a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liked the word "instinctively"

Nov 17, 2019, 6:15 PM

meaning, on auto cruise control!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Agree ]

Hmm....

I would say we're very young on the DL. Next year I think we'll be good; this year we're just passable. But we're very good at LB and even better than that at DB and that covers up some youth and inexperience on the DL.

Also, we don't really have a true slot receiver; Amari Rogers is a great broken-field runner and one of the most dangerous guys we have with the ball in his hands but he's not as good at creating separation as Renfrow was, and Diondre Overton is a natural 9-man field receiver like Mike Williams or Martavis Bryant who is playing at slot because the team has a surplus of very good natural 9-receivers at the moment. For a long time Clemson's secret sauce on O has been that we could take 10 yards whenever we wanted it because we always had a Curtis Baham, a Tyler Grisham, an Adam Humphries, or a Hunter Renfrow, all of whom could separate virtually at will and beat a zone like a drum...this year we just don't.

Also, aside from JC Chalk, we're very young at TE and don't really have a tremendous natural pass-catcher there.

I also cringe a bit every time we line up for a field goal or even an extra point right now. BT Potter is mondo talented...and a bit of a head case, which could bite us.

So yeah, our team is real good...but there are (a few!) seemingly exploitable weaknesses an opposing playoff-caliber team might conceivably aim at.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 7:25 PM

The Tigers will have a receiving TE back in December when Galloway gets reinstated.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,905
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic