Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
20% of the tweeters post 80% of the tweets.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 477

20% of the tweeters post 80% of the tweets.

Apr 28, 2019, 2:38 PM

"A recent study by the Pew Research Center found that Twitter users tend to be younger and more Democratic than the general public. It also showed that Twitter activity is dominated by a small percentage of the overall population. In fact, the most active tweeters—just 10 percent of U.S. adults—send 80 percent of the tweets. Pew says only around 22 percent of American adults today use Twitter, and their median age is 40, compared with the median age of all U.S. adults, which is 47. (Source: Tech Crunch)...

Tail wagging the dog, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many of those are ‘bots you recon?***

Apr 28, 2019, 2:51 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 20% of the tweeters post 80% of the tweets.

Apr 28, 2019, 2:58 PM

Here’s another cool story on Twitter bro

https://sparktoro.com/blog/we-analyzed-every-twitter-account-following-donald-trump-61-are-bots-spam-inactive-or-propaganda/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2019, 3:01 PM

Tribalism

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2019, 3:07 PM

Russian influence

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not surprising anymore than...

Apr 28, 2019, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: 20% of the tweeters post 80% of the tweets. ]

most that follow congressional dems are children.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not surprising anymore than...

Apr 28, 2019, 5:54 PM

most that follow congressional dems are children.

That's closer to the truth than you might think. Certainly not children but overwhelmingly a younger crowd. I saw a paper on the demographics of Dems and Reps, I forgot where, and it seem to be a pretty profound difference in age between the two.

It makes sense, the young people are angry because mine and your generation has all but destroyed the world. Let's face it, we got rid of the old bat-phones and created New Coke for crying out loud! ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smells like impeachment material to me

Apr 29, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: 20% of the tweeters post 80% of the tweets. ]

I thought those indictments were imminent?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Apr 28, 2019, 2:59 PM

I wonder where Trump ranks among that 20%. Probably in the top 1% for sure. Luckily he has so much free time without anything else to do.

Apr 28, 2019, 3:07 PM

I like to think he has a lot of toilet time. Probably takes lots of old man dumps with that all hamberder diet. Plenty of alone time on the can to tweet.

He's probably half.***

Apr 28, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: 20% of the tweeters post 80% of the tweets. ]

Seems accurate based on my experience

Apr 28, 2019, 3:08 PM

The study also showed 70% of adults are on Facebook and over 70% are on the site at least once a day which seems shocking to me. Makes sense why political influence on Facebook would be more effective versus other social sites like Twitter.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/04/10/share-of-u-s-adults-using-social-media-including-facebook-is-mostly-unchanged-since-2018/

Agree.

Apr 28, 2019, 4:09 PM

I know people who are 70+ yrs old that have facebook accounts and started them to find each other.

I made it three weeks on classmates.cum before I got fed up with the horsechit. I got tossed when I responded to a conversation starter on my ex-wife's school's forum.

The mods posting a question to stir up discussion, 'Are you famous or do you know someone who is?'

The ex being a grand stander said she was in the front row of an Elvis concert and he gave her a lot of attention. She was sure that if his wife hadn't been on the tour she and Elvis would have hooked up.

In all my trolling glory I posted that 'I smelled Karen Carpenter's panties once.' I added that I was sure they were her's because my friend told me so. 'She smells good.'

So Classmates decided to refund the 33 dollar membership. Who could have asked for anything more?

Re: Agree.

Apr 28, 2019, 4:19 PM

You sound like an awesome person. Why did your wife leave you again ?

I don't know that I ever said.

Apr 28, 2019, 10:22 PM

I'm not ashamed. I loved her like no one could, I still do.

In 2000 I make $22000 during the months of Jan and Feb. I was a drywall contractor and that number is net, bring home after overhead including help, equip, tools and materials. At the end of Feb I had my 8th heart attack which was followed by my second heart surgery. The first was 1982 when I was 32 yrs old.

In one month all that money was spent along with everything else the jobs completed brought in. I wasn't bidding new work because I couldn't work. I supervised only from a lawn chair. In two more months our house payment was three months behind and the owner/seller who financed the load demanded full payment of the balance on the note.

I was the personal primary caregiver for one of my grandchildren who was about 14 months old. As I used one of my white tees for a diaper and looked for something for her lunch I realized that not only had my money managing wife not bought diapers but she hadn't bought food for me or the child.

I think the baby had a bowl filled with our last can of corn and water to drink at lunch that day, I had the left overs while my wife was at Ryans eating with her friends. I sat and rocked the baby after lunch and asked God why I didn't have food for the child and He told me to get off my butt, claim my place as husband and father to our children and see that my money was spent for what He'd given it to me for. I had no car seat to go anywhere, there was no one but her to care for the child and I didn't trust her alone with a baby. She was extremely neglectful with small children at the time. She had an alternate priority. I won't besmirch her further for she is the mother of our six children. I will simply say she got tired.

I took the checkbook and the keys to the car to prevent her from emptying the bank account(s) and she appealed my authority to judge King, the high school educated magistrate who ran Picken Co.

She convinced King to persuade me to check myself into a mental institution and he threatened to put me on the chain gang if I didn't.

I loaded up a few things when no one was looking and left the state. I left my home, four excellent cars and trucks and took a 1982 Toyota, borrowed 7 bucks for gas and went to TN.

She got a divorce a few years later. I didn't approve it, she's asked me back at least once a month since, pesters me continuously to this day by phone, email and letter. She even signed the property over to me a couple years ago. A burnt hen stays away from the fire.

I never considered living with her since that incident. I'll see the property is split among the children if she dies first.

Thanks for asking. The more you learn about me the less you'll hate me for confounding your logic and contradicting your opinion with the truth. :)

Re: Agree.

Apr 28, 2019, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Agree. ]

In all my trolling glory I posted that 'I smelled Karen Carpenter's panties once.' I added that I was sure they were her's because my friend told me so. 'She smells good.'

So Classmates decided to refund the 33 dollar membership. Who could have asked for anything more?

Now that's funny! :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

50% of the 20% are posted by the Krassensteins ***

Apr 28, 2019, 3:25 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 50% of the 20% are posted by the Krassensteins ***

Apr 28, 2019, 3:40 PM

I had to look them up. I never heard of them. They sure are busy.

Me too. Had you not said it I would have continued to...

Apr 28, 2019, 4:12 PM

think he just misspelled Kardiashians. I reckon they get the other half.

Another trend in modern “journalism”...

Apr 28, 2019, 10:08 PM

...the “Here are six people on Twitter who disagree with something therefore I will legitimize that as a trend through my mainstream media outlet with an article that states ‘X did Y, and people are really angry about it.’”

Was always pathetic but I guess it can be even more pathetic.

null

Replies: 19
| visibility 477
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic