Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aggie fan calling Tiger fans for help with lost item.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Aggie fan calling Tiger fans for help with lost item.

Sep 9, 2019, 12:58 PM

My wife and I took our 5 year old son to his first ever Aggie football game this weekend.

We left Clemson very impressed by every aspect of the gameday experience: fans, students, campus, stadium, noise, and the Tiger football team. (Shout out to the folks sitting around us in TDT!)

We also left Clemson without one of the items with which we entered: a white 12th man towel with the date "11-27-2014" printed on it. This towel has very significant meaning to my son, who has had it since he was born.

I know this is a long shot, but if Tigernet could give this a signal boost in hopes of returning this towel to my son, my whole family would appreciate it very much!

Thanks & Gig 'em!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please read especially if you were in TDT Saturday***

Sep 9, 2019, 1:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just for clarification

Sep 9, 2019, 1:04 PM

You're SURE you left it in the stands and not your tailgate?

Clemson

Re: Just for clarification

Sep 9, 2019, 1:14 PM

Mods..can we pin this thread?
If not ...
Here’s a bump to get it back up to the top and visible

Sep 9, 2019, 2:50 PM

bump

Another bump

Sep 9, 2019, 7:39 PM

For trying to help!

Good luck!

Sep 9, 2019, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Just for clarification ]

It could literally be anywhere between the stadium and parking lot C1

Sep 9, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Just for clarification ]

We had it during the game, so it was either left in TDT, or dropped between TDT, bathroom, concessions, or parking lot C1.

Re: do the frats still go clean up after games?

Sep 9, 2019, 1:18 PM

I remember Sigma Nu (I think) used to go clean the stands after games. I remember them having a ton of left behind cups and using them like solo cups at the party I was at.

Someone involved in Greek life could possibly pass this along??

Will send a note to all my Clemson contacts for you

Sep 9, 2019, 12:23 PM

Hope we can assist you in getting this towel back. Thanks for coming to Clemson and hope your time here was pleasant even though it was so hot.

If I get any response, I will get back on this stream.

Re: Will send a note to all my Clemson contacts for you

Sep 9, 2019, 8:37 PM

Thanks, stranger!

Check your tmail

Sep 9, 2019, 1:37 PM

Re: Check your tmail

Sep 9, 2019, 2:22 PM

Thanks for the assistance

best of luck finding it, probably a long shot***

Sep 9, 2019, 2:00 PM

Re: best of luck finding it, probably a long shot***

Sep 9, 2019, 2:35 PM

Yes, you're right. Thanks!

Saw this posted on TexAgs

Sep 9, 2019, 2:38 PM

"I saw Clemson fan with a 12th Man towel right before halftime (outside of section TDT near concessions). I commented on it and he said that an Aggie just gave it to him. Not sure if it was yours but he folded it up and started down the exit ramp."

Tracking down all leads at this point...

Re: Saw this posted on TexAgs

Sep 9, 2019, 3:02 PM

bump

look at the post game interview with dabo on the 50

Sep 9, 2019, 3:17 PM

If you watch the post game interview with dabo, it appears there is a Clemson fan that has a white Texas a and m towel directly behind dabo...

63-17

Re: look at the post game interview with dabo on the 50

Sep 9, 2019, 3:25 PM

The best lead so far!

Do your thing Tigernet: find this fan!

during the broadcast at 3:40:23

Sep 9, 2019, 4:12 PM

Look at the broadcast at 3:40:20 (youtube tv broadcast, not sure if it matters)

white guy orange shirt, brown hair, (I know)
behind the FEMALE security person on the very left side of the frame.. He takes out a white towel with an aggie logo on it..

63-17

can someone check me on this?

Sep 9, 2019, 4:19 PM

Lets find this guy

63-17

Re: Aggie fan calling Tiger fans for help with lost item.

Sep 9, 2019, 3:30 PM

Good luck. Hope someone shows up with it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm calling it now: if T-Net helps recover this

Sep 9, 2019, 4:16 PM

Man's towel...next stop is Area 51 and the troof! Callin' it! ;) Nuthin' can deter the T-Net on a mission!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm calling it now: if T-Net helps recover this

Sep 9, 2019, 4:58 PM

Exactly the kind of energy and momentum I was hoping to find here on Tigernet! Much appreciated.

Re: I'm calling it now: if T-Net helps recover this

Sep 11, 2019, 12:52 AM [ in reply to I'm calling it now: if T-Net helps recover this ]

OMG, to all T-Netters for your safety and risk of life, stay the H&ll out of area 51, abort mission, I repeat, abort any mission in or around Area 51. If you continue, I'm the first to tell you, R I P T-Netter, not even the Hood's can rescue or save your stupid A S S ;) :) ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we start a GFM to replace it I'll chip in***

Sep 9, 2019, 4:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: If we start a GFM to replace it I'll chip in***

Sep 9, 2019, 4:56 PM

Bump..

I’m afraid this one sounds irreplaceable...
Has high sentimental value associated with the birth of his child..

Hope you find it..

Sep 11, 2019, 1:05 AM

You don't understand the importance of said towel, the towel has "11-27-2014" printed on it, and that means that this child was born under the Sagittarius Zodiac sign, and this towel is a keepsake, offering to replace it with another will only Pisss him off, even at his very tender age. I know this as a matter of fact bc I'm also a 11-27 Sagittarius!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 4:56 PM [ in reply to If we start a GFM to replace it I'll chip in*** ]

Awesome gesture and very much appreciated, but these are super cheap. Not too worried about replacing it if I have to.

Like I mentioned: this particular towel has the date 11-27-14 (the date of our game with LSU that year) printed on it, which is coincidentally the date he was due to be born.

God had different plans, however, and he was born a month premature, but the towel was bought well beforehand and has remained with him since his first day.

Poor guy had a rough day on Saturday with the heat and more walking than he's ever done in his life. But he was so excited to be there in that amazing gameday environment that he never once complained. Honestly, the towel probably has more significance to us (his parents) than it does to him right now, but that was supposed to be (in my mind anyway) the first and last towel he ever used.

Thanks for keeping this post alive so we can increase the odds of finding it!

I can’t help much with the towel

Sep 9, 2019, 5:09 PM

But if your son wants a Tigerrag to go with his original (or new) 12th man towel, I, or one of the other fine T-netters, can certainly help ya out there. Hope you get the towel back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can’t help much with the towel

Sep 10, 2019, 12:52 PM

Nice of you. Thanks!

Is this TNet's version of 4chan's "find Shai LaBeouf's flag?"***

Sep 9, 2019, 5:14 PM

If only we were that good. Those guys were awesome.***

Sep 10, 2019, 1:25 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I was disappointed that reference went underappreciated. Thanks for getting it***

Sep 10, 2019, 2:09 PM

BUMP4***

Sep 9, 2019, 5:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BUMP4***

Sep 9, 2019, 7:37 PM

Bump

Re: BUMP4***

Sep 9, 2019, 8:23 PM

Bump

Sep 9, 2019, 8:47 PM

Bump. Hope you find the towel

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 9:03 PM

Good luck

Sep 9, 2019, 9:58 PM

This post has been shared on at least one Clemson Facebook group, and hopefully that will help boost the signal.

I'm also happy to contribute a replacement souvenir if the towel never shows up. I might even have a Clemson orange towel around somewhere...found one in an old tailgate supply box earlier this summer, but cannot remember what I did with it. If I come across it though I'll be happy to send it.

Sep 10, 2019, 12:54 PM

Thanks for helping get the word out!

Sep 10, 2019, 7:59 PM

I shared it in one of our groups after seeing a friend post it in another group, and my post alone is up to over 200 shares. Tiger family is working hard!????

Sep 10, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Aggie fan calling Tiger fans for help with lost item. ]

I shared it in one of our groups after seeing a friend post it in another group, and my post alone is up to over 200 shares. Tiger family is working hard!????

Sep 11, 2019, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the signal boost. Much appreciated.

Sep 9, 2019, 10:11 PM

Man, I keep checking back in here hoping to read that someone found it! Rooting for ya brother!

Sep 10, 2019, 12:53 PM

Thanks. I'm doing the same!

Hope you find it!***

Sep 9, 2019, 10:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: Hope you find it!***

Sep 9, 2019, 11:32 PM

Bump

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2019, 11:47 PM

Bumping

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 9:15 AM

Have you tried calling the stadium for list and found?

Sep 10, 2019, 12:37 PM

UPDATE:

I called 1-800-CLEMSON, who informed me that Lost/Found items are turned over to University PD. So I called them and was directed to the person who handles L/F. I was told that if that person was at lunch and did not answer, to go ahead and leave a message. That person must have been at lunch and did not answer, but neither did the voicemail box.

So I call the UPD number again, she took my contact information along with a description of the item and told me that I would be contacted if it was in their position or turned in in the future.

TLDR; I called Lost/Found and will probably never hear back from them.

Sep 10, 2019, 7:17 PM

I’ve posted on my Facebook page and it has been shared quite a few times. I also tagged Jane Robelot DeCarvalho telling her that this would be a great human interest story on WYFF.

Please keep up updated.

Sep 10, 2019, 7:42 PM

Jane will sure help! Hopefully we will run this thing down! I'm afraid it may have been thrown away by the cleaning crew .... hope not!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2019, 7:48 PM

TigerLinks said:

Jane will sure help! Hopefully we will run this thing down! I'm afraid it may have been thrown away by the cleaning crew .... hope not!

Bump, I hope you find it! I will ask around.

Sep 11, 2019, 10:34 AM

can someone get this to WCCP talk shows (Qualk, Walt, etc.) Lots of Tiger fans listening.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 10:37 AM

I just texted a link to this thread to the WCCP text line.

Sep 11, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Aggie fan calling Tiger fans for help with lost item. ]

Reply from WCCP:

I will mention this. I actually know someone who had found a towel. I just called him and the one he found did not have anything written on it. I will put the word out though. Ben

Sep 11, 2019, 11:35 AM

Wow, This far surpasses the expectations I had when asking for Tigernet's help. Can't tell you how much this is appreciated.

And just to be clear: there is nothing "written" on the towel. The LSU game date is printed (i.e. the way it was made) on the towel along with "Texas A&M 12th Man" and (i think) "Texas A&M vs LSU"

Thanks again, kind stranger!

Sep 11, 2019, 12:27 PM

**UPDATE**

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who took time out of their day to read and follow this post. Even more appreciation goes to those who passed along the word via Facebook and other methods. You guys are something else.

However, upon seeing that someone contacted the media to put the word out, I have to say that this is just too much. Also, after seeing that some folks on this site are, seemingly, upset that this thread is getting so much attention, I feel like it's time to stop the "search".

You have gone far and beyond any expectations that I had when I first posted about the towel. I feel like the value of this towel (which can realistically be replaced rather cheaply with my son being none the wiser) does not match the amazing amount of time and effort being put in by the Tiger faithful to find it. When I first posted, I was hoping that maybe someone grabbed it who reads Tigernet and would be able to return it; simple. But there is now a crazy amount of momentum behind this search, and I feel like it wouldn't be appropriate to let this thing get any bigger.

I will continue to check my Tmail on the off chance that someone does find it, and in the coming weeks, we will most likely find an identical replacement, and as mentioned, my son will likely be just as happy waving that one as he ever was waving the other.

Y'all have shown this Aggie (and every non-Tiger who is watching this thread) the true colors of a Tiger, and that revelation is both impressive and humbling.

Thanks & Gig 'em!

Couple of thoughts...

Sep 11, 2019, 1:50 PM

SC and TX have similar cultures, so I think that’s why we get along well. You can look at our state flags and the symbolic meanings they hold as an example. Independence and military ties in each.

Don’t worry about the threads with folks that seem upset. Over half the threads posted on the main board are sarcastic or fun in nature. It takes a while to learn how to sift thru that.

So on that lighter note, we hope you get the towel back. Us Tnetters love ‘happy endings’.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the 'sarcasm' topic...and your last comment...

Sep 11, 2019, 8:36 PM

This thread could unravel! ;)

Nice sentiment...and EKingGill09, many of us simply like to have fun...and offer a bit o' help along the way! Come on back for a game...I'm gonna hit CS one of these days...especially if I move to Tejas!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 8:20 PM

Best of Luck, here's a bump.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic