Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After we beat LSU - Will this year’s team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

After we beat LSU - Will this year’s team

Jan 2, 2020, 11:14 PM

Be known as the Greatest Team Ever?
or the NEW Greatest Team Ever?

(With last year’s Being the Original)

Serious replies only.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After we beat LSU - Will this year’s team

Jan 2, 2020, 11:17 PM

I think it will be harder to beat LSU than it was to beat Bama last year.

If Clemson does that, I think 2019(&Jan2020) Clemson should be the best team ever.

Jan 3, 2020, 1:55 AM

I disagree there. Last year's Alabama was significantly better than this year's LSU. They were better in every single statistical category beside passing offense. LSU's passing stats are also inflated because they run up the score. Burrow has thrown a pass in the fourth quarter of 11 games this year. They average getting pulled with 9 minutes left in the fourth. Last year's Alabama was pulled on average with 11 minutes left in the third. Alabama was a better team by far. That said, I do think Clemson was better last year. It's amazing what they've done this year after losing almost the entirety of their front 7 (and several key backups). However, last year's defense dominated so easily behind the best defensive line ever. And Renfrow is missed on key third downs.

I think Clemson beats LSU convincingly, but last year's team was still the greatest.

Agreed. Collectively the talent on last years team was much

Jan 3, 2020, 7:05 AM

better than this year.

Also agree that Alabama last season was better than LSU this year. Alabama still almost beat LSU this year despite losing all of their key defensive pieces and Tua coming off an injury

Jan 2, 2020, 11:23 PM

If we get this next win, this group of seniors will set the wins record. I think they will have an argument for best ever since they were on both teams. Last year's team might be the most dominant in the playoffs ever and that might stand for a long long time.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:27 PM

After Clemson goes 60-0, all the media will talk about is how Clemson will be nothing after TL16 is gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 2, 2020, 11:29 PM

Kinda like they did with dw4

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 11:33 PM

On deck DJ5

Jan 3, 2020, 5:47 AM [ in reply to Re: After we beat LSU - Will this year’s team ]

If Clemson goes 60-0 it likely means that DJ U went undefeated as starting QB for a season as well.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:26 PM

It'd be hard to deny either team. That being said, when you look at the snap count and look at the youth, coupled with the two teams you have to beat to get there, it'd be almost impossible to deny this year as the best ever.

I stick with the above post. Clemson would be best ever... And CBV would be forever cemented as the best DC ever. I already think he is now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 11:35 PM

CYCLING OUT

Nope... "The Best Is Yet To Come."- #1 Daboism***

Jan 2, 2020, 11:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope... "The Best Is Yet To Come."- #1 Daboism***

Jan 3, 2020, 6:39 AM

They will be saying "Break um (us) up" after this game.

Jan 3, 2020, 6:49 AM

Nope, espn so called college fb experts will say we were the most well rested Champion ever. Wish I was joking

Jan 3, 2020, 7:06 AM

IMO, after last season, the 2018 Clemson Tigers is the best team ever because they beat the season long greatest team ever in the championship.

However, in the end the SEC and national media began a campaign to diminish the victory by bombarding the public with excuses and reasons. So Dabo said Clemson was the best team ever because Clemson beat the best team ever. Again, some (P.F.) said it was just self proclaimed.

So here we are again. The SEC and national media talking up the reasons Clemson should be here and LSU is the greatest team ever. What do you think is going to happen again if Clemson beats this year's greatest team? Nothing will change and all the media outlets will do the same to diminish the accomplishment.

Well we know the G.O.A.T. and will love them forever!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 8:51 AM

No

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we'd have to join the SEC to be seriously considered

Jan 3, 2020, 8:53 AM

come on, you know that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably just be the team that beat a tired LSU squad.

Jan 3, 2020, 8:57 AM

You know.. because schedule and SEC and stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic