Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After listening to FSU fans at the game today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

After listening to FSU fans at the game today

Oct 12, 2019, 9:23 PM

They are pretty much over Taggart but I for one think that he is an excellent head coach for that university and the FSU bored would be insane not to keep him around for another 25 years at least!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After listening to FSU fans at the game today

Oct 12, 2019, 9:25 PM

He is having a tough run of it, but so far he has my respect. He does not use cheap tactics like fake injuries and he is slowly but surely de-thugging the program. There are still some issues there, but it appears to be improving. I am not sure their recruiting will recover for years though.

Oct 12, 2019, 9:29 PM

Sssshhhh! I said he was doing an excellent job and that’s final!

??

For them to make a quick turnaround

Oct 12, 2019, 9:28 PM

will have to be done by cheating. Unfortunately, in these days, programs like that aren't willing to go through the slow build like we did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An ABC announcer said today he's gone to NFL after season.

Oct 12, 2019, 9:33 PM

I agree.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An ABC announcer said today he's gone to NFL after season.

Oct 12, 2019, 9:34 PM

NFL? Who? Why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An ABC announcer said today he's gone to NFL after season.

Oct 12, 2019, 9:48 PM [ in reply to An ABC announcer said today he's gone to NFL after season. ]

He was talking about one of the FSU defenders.

Oct 12, 2019, 9:36 PM

Agreed. That man deserves an extension!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2019, 9:36 PM

I was going to say Taggart is FSU's version of Ken Hatfield, high character but not a great coach, but after second thought even Hatfield doesn't deserve to be compared to Taggart.

Oct 12, 2019, 9:45 PM

I threw a party today and invited lots of Florida State faithful. Many of them have known Willie Taggart since he was a high school quarterback in Manatee HS and lead them to multiple state championships. Subsequently led eastern Kentucky to multiple championships. Hooked up with Harbaugh senior and rose through coaching with him at Stanford. Very painful for them to watch him lose this way. But all agree that he has not ruthlessly gotten rid of countless friends both on the coaching staff and recruiting staff.
It’s not just that they are not getting the players they want on the recruiting trail. They’re not wanting the right players. Especially at the most important positions, mainly QB.
Willie can be successful there. But he needs them to throw a $2 million salary to Jim Leavitt to make him defensive coordinator next year. He needs success in QB recruiting. And they are going to need the time to learn how to win football games again. They are a complete rebuild.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic