Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After a 15-0 season in football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

After a 15-0 season in football

Jan 23, 2019, 2:09 PM

Even if the Basketball team was 18-0 right now, nobody would really care .
I have tried to watch some Basketball this season and have yet made it through a whole half.
Clemson is a football school and always will be.
It is what it is

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that is truly representative of our fan base

Jan 23, 2019, 2:16 PM

then we should just drop basketball. Why continue the charade?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I've been saying this since the Shyatt days.***

Jan 23, 2019, 2:18 PM

I don't think that is representative of the opinion of the majority of

Jan 23, 2019, 3:08 PM [ in reply to If that is truly representative of our fan base ]

the Clemson alumni and fan base.

Besides, we could no longer be in the ACC without basketball. It is a required sport for all members, unless we can cut a deal like Notre Dame with football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you, and I don't want to scrap it.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:20 PM

It just gets old hearing people complain about basketball on here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

yeah - well wait till baseball cranks up if you wanna get

Jan 23, 2019, 7:34 PM

tired of people bad posting the team. First loss will be a full house. will still be if we are 50 and 4.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After a 15-0 season in football

Jan 23, 2019, 2:17 PM

Stupid post mate - why can't we be successful in both sports? We have the fan base and resources to support multiple teams. It may be tough for simpletons to see now considering the lack of success in basketball past few years but Little John would be rocking if we are able to find some sustained success.

Jan 23, 2019, 4:31 PM

Who said we couldn’t I just stated a fact .
This years team had high expectations and are sucking up the court .
If the football team ever, which it will one day lose a couple games in a row . The world would be ending.
Like I said nobody really cares, we pull , hope they are good but if not. Oh well

Jan 24, 2019, 6:47 AM

They opened Littlejohn my Freshman year and the program has never changed. Good teams every now and then, but no continuity. It’s like Lucy and Charlie Brown and the football.

Jan 24, 2019, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: After a 15-0 season in football ]

You said people wouldn't care if we were 18-0. People would be loving it.

Jan 23, 2019, 2:20 PM

Maybe some, but not most. I'd be watching. I listened to most of the FSU game last night, until it was obvious we weren't going to drop any more shots. I'm a Clemson Univ fan - football, baseball, basketball, tennis, etc. I'm happy to see our women's basketball finally looking like they're doing well. Hoping our men's basketball can get it together.

We've won natty's in football, men's golf, men's soccer, and I think, several track and field championships. Clemson is far more than a football school. Though it's safe at this point to say we're not a men's basketball school, but hopefully we can get that turned around one of these days.

I gotta admit, I can't watch basketball anymore

Jan 23, 2019, 2:34 PM

I try and struggle through our games, but I find myself very disinterested. Got nothing to do with our W/L record either.

Basketball is just a bad product these days. I used to LOVE it, I watched every game I could when I was a kid. I knew the starting lineup of every ACC team.

But now? Watching players heave 30 footers is not something I'm interested in watching.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same.***

Jan 23, 2019, 4:29 PM

It's definitely the game it used to be.***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:41 PM [ in reply to I gotta admit, I can't watch basketball anymore ]

When Barnes and Purnell had good teams, you had students camping out

Jan 23, 2019, 3:23 PM

overnight for tickets. Littlejohn is a tough place for visitors to play in when the team is good and fun to watch.

Those instances of students camping out for tickets

Jan 23, 2019, 3:27 PM

and games which were sold out were not the norm. Let's stop acting like it was.

Re: Those instances of students camping out for tickets

Jan 24, 2019, 7:03 AM

It was fairly common when Barnes was there though. How common has it been under CBB?

I didn't realize we were comparing Brownell to Barnes

Jan 24, 2019, 8:30 AM

Because when we have, and Brownell's superior ACC record is mentioned, people say that "things were different then" and bring up all kinds of reasons why. Well, if Barnes had more students camping out than Brownell has, I'll just say "things were different then." Young people today have many more distractions and outlets for entertainment than they did 20 years ago. They can also watch all of the games in HD on TV, their computers (something most people still didn't have when Barnes was our coach), their cell phones (something most people didn't have then either) or their iPads (something no one had 20 years ago).

Jan 23, 2019, 4:26 PM

I would love to get behind our basketball team. A great basketball team is a joy to watch. Unfortunately, our team is difficult to watch, as they seem to be poorly coached on many fundamentals. Turnovers alone are atrocious. It's kinda sad!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently, you've never experienced a sold-out LJ

Jan 24, 2019, 7:33 AM

featuring a win over a top five team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic