Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson vs. Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway? Clemson AD weighs in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson vs. Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway? Clemson AD weighs in

Jan 24, 2018, 7:05 PM

Clemson vs. Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway? Clemson AD weighs in

There might one day be another college football game held at Bristol Motor Speedway, but don’t expect Clemson to be one of the teams. What do future Clemson schedules look like? What schools has Clemson been in contact with? Photo by Christopher Hanewinkel / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did we get stuck AT Notre Dame in both 2020 and 2022?

Jan 24, 2018, 7:09 PM

Swofford again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Home 2015 and 2023. Away 2020 and 2022.***

Jan 24, 2018, 8:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should have swapped 2022 and 2023***

Jan 24, 2018, 8:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

wouldn't work- have to have them

Jan 24, 2018, 11:07 PM

At home in odd years and away in even to keep 7 home games

those always resume enhancers though

Jan 24, 2018, 8:24 PM [ in reply to How did we get stuck AT Notre Dame in both 2020 and 2022? ]

Low risk high reward. I like it! Notre Dame is always a paper giant.

Extra game to start the season***

Jan 24, 2018, 7:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fact Check:

Jan 24, 2018, 7:18 PM

The most recent matchup between the two schools was actually in the Peach Bowl in the movie The Blind Side, when Tennessee beat the carp out of Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fact Check:

Jan 24, 2018, 7:33 PM

Which was a Hollywood fantasy!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2018, 12:53 AM

Home and home vs Tennessee would be great. It would give us a chance to revenge the 2 ref hose jobs we got in 1974 and 1976, but who's holding a grudge???

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2018, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Fact Check: ]

Home and home vs Tennessee would be great. It would give us a chance to revenge the 2 ref hose jobs we got in 1974 and 1976, but who's holding a grudge???

Jan 25, 2018, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Fact Check: ]

Jan 25, 2018, 9:20 AM

Ok we got it lol

I thought I heard an echo!***

Jan 25, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Fact Check: ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All in all, I’d like to see us play like a PAC-12 school

Jan 24, 2018, 7:21 PM

Like Washington and/or USC (the California one). Just for something different and get their point of view and look at their wemens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All in all, I’d like to see us play like a PAC-12 school

Jan 24, 2018, 10:01 PM

Why? Major schedule disruption (jet lag) and nothing to gain prestige-wise. That is what bowl games are for. I'd much rather keep it within one time zone, but that includes SEC, B1G, and Big12. Plenty to choose from among those.

Re: All in all, I’d like to see us play like a PAC-12 school

Jan 24, 2018, 10:31 PM [ in reply to All in all, I’d like to see us play like a PAC-12 school ]

Same to you.

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway? Clemson AD weighs in

Jan 24, 2018, 7:33 PM

I have no interest. Would rather go to Death Valley than all these gimmicky made for tv events. Just my thought. Nothing better than home and home series.

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway? Clemson AD weighs in

Jan 24, 2018, 7:41 PM

BMS is an absolutely terrible venue for football!
The field is too far from the stands. The fans I spoke with after the Tn / VaTech game said that they watched the game on the jumbotron because they could not see the field/players. It sounds like a great idea but in fact it is a terrible idea, especially for fans.

Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway? Clemson AD weighs in***

Jan 24, 2018, 7:42 PM

Jan 24, 2018, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway? Clemson AD weighs in ]

"Home and home" vs Tennessee is a much better option. I'd love to got to Knoxville and avenge the 2 ref hose jobs we got in 1974 and 1976. But who is holding a grudge??!

Thank you DRad

Jan 24, 2018, 7:59 PM

Battle of Bristol is a terrible idea. I had a lot of Hokie friends that went who said while tailgating was a lot fun, the in game experience was the worst they’ve been to. I like the idea of home and ways much more then neutral site games. That being said 2021 probably best sets up for a neutral site game since we have odd scheduling with Notre Dame the years before and after. Would love a Jerry’s World game in Dallas or local in Charlotte against a power team we don’t play often or ever.

This^

Jan 25, 2018, 9:27 AM

I'd much rather play Tennessee or UGA in Charlotte than at Bristol.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just something more inventive than auburn please

Jan 24, 2018, 8:00 PM

I'm so sick of playing auburn. So many intriguing big boy game possibilities... Wouldn't it be amazing to play a home and home with Ohio state or michigan? Southern cal even?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just something more inventive than auburn please

Jan 24, 2018, 8:30 PM

Home and home with anyone beats these events. Especially the sterile nfl venues. No character. Its a sellout of everything college ball stands for. Would love to go to Knoxville, any big 10 venue, pac 10. Neutral site has no character whatsoever. Especially when on carpet with the rubber beads flying everywhere instead of real grass and real dirt.

Ohio State? No.

Jan 25, 2018, 3:18 AM [ in reply to Just something more inventive than auburn please ]

Penn St, Michigan, LSU or Florida would be fun though.

Re: Ohio State? No.

Jan 25, 2018, 2:40 PM

Nice. I like all those options for 2-year setup.

No offense but to #### with Oklahoma or TN. Schedule Georgia

Jan 24, 2018, 8:29 PM

home and home with two or three years off and then pick it up again. That's what we want!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No offense but to #### with Oklahoma or TN. Schedule Georgia

Jan 24, 2018, 9:42 PM

> home and home with two or three years off and then
> pick it up again. That's what we want!

Totally agree. I heard that we were working on scheduling UGA, but after reading this I'm not so sure they are in the near future. I guess the years we have Notre Dame hurts. I mean we could always do a home and home even if it's not the very next year. I know it's tough to schedule, but I'd like to see UGA and/or something different.

After Texas A & M, our next Home & Home games should be:

Jan 24, 2018, 8:29 PM

USC (the real one)
Oklahoma
Florida
Michigan
Texas

These are 5 games, no matter the ranking of the opponent, every Clemson fan would enjoy visiting, and then hosting.

Re: After Texas A & M, our next Home & Home games should be:

Jan 24, 2018, 9:55 PM

That’s a great list! Southern Cal, Texas, and Florida would be my top 3. I also think WVU needs a revenge whipping!

I only want to hear UGA. Should be the first game every year***

Jan 24, 2018, 8:32 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I only want to hear UGA. Should be the first game every year***

Jan 24, 2018, 9:07 PM

Folks don't comprehend the amount of hate that game can generate...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good call. Let's not do that.***

Jan 24, 2018, 8:33 PM

that's a crap venue for college football

Jan 24, 2018, 8:34 PM

that game was a joke. the coverage was terrible!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jan 24, 2018, 8:53 PM

I would expect ND to be a full ACC member by 2021 which would bring them to DV 2021 as an Atlantic member. FSU, Wake move to coastal and GT, VT to Atlantic

2024 certified_seller level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 9:48 PM

> I would expect ND to be a full ACC member by 2021
> which would bring them to DV 2021 as an Atlantic
> member. FSU, Wake move to coastal and GT, VT to
> Atlantic

Who else would join?

Jan 25, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson vs. Tennessee at Bristol Motor Speedway? Clemson AD weighs in ]

They would have to have another school join as we are at 14 right now. I also don't see them moving FSU to the coastal, the yearly match up of them and us is a prime game for the conference.

They don't want that every 8 years.

Jan 24, 2018, 9:16 PM

Home and home with Penn St, O310 St, or the real USC all sound good to me.

Jan 24, 2018, 9:20 PM

Although after the Fiesta Bowl last year I’m not sure I want to experience the O310 St. fans at the big shoe. They were as bad as the Coots and UGA.

You didn't even ask about the faked moon landing.

Jan 24, 2018, 9:28 PM

DID YOU??

If you think I haven’t been going to away games now...

Jan 24, 2018, 9:34 PM

Just wait until you see how much I won’t go to a game at Bristol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

DRad is going to screw us in 2021

Jan 24, 2018, 11:15 PM

UCONN
Wyoming
Coots
FCS TBD

That's not going to get us in the CFP if we drop a game.

Re: DRad is going to screw us in 2021

Jan 25, 2018, 10:56 AM

I highly doubt we will schedule an FCS team, will most likely be a neutral site game against an SEC opponent.

How about Arkansas? The Chad should be up for it.***

Jan 25, 2018, 12:25 AM

Northern college teams won't do it - too much to lose***

Jan 25, 2018, 9:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I am old school...but like to see more series with

Jan 25, 2018, 12:30 PM

Georgia. It would be nice to play them about 4 times every decade. That was a big rival back in the day. :)

Noooooooooo!!!

Jan 25, 2018, 4:24 PM

Stop playing games on thusday nights, friday nights or any wierd places. JFC!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2018, 9:05 PM

I’m surprised they haven’t mentioned a football game and race at the same time.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic