Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After Several Days of Reading Posts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

After Several Days of Reading Posts

Mar 31, 2020, 1:11 PM

related to the coronavirus, most of us believe what we want to believe and facts will not change our minds. Apparently, our political persuasion is so ingrained it becomes the dominant factor in our opinions. How many of us truly lay aside our bias and look at the facts? We close our eyes, ears and minds to every thing that does not support our position.

There is a lot of blame to go around but blame is not a part of the solution, it only makes the problem more difficult to solve. Forget our differences and unite in solving the problem because any delay will result in loss of life for many of our citizens, and one of those victims could very well be a member of our family.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After Several Days of Reading Posts

Mar 31, 2020, 1:17 PM

You are right about the differences but what I don’t get is they announce a new order that they can’t enforce because of the last one they couldn’t enforce. Sounds a lot about the idea of gun control to prevent the bad guys from hurting people.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 1:19 PM

I try to listen to the professionals Joe. The mouth pieces on the networks don't even come close to what the doctors and researchers know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 4:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Years ago, it struck me odd the climate change was a

Mar 31, 2020, 1:37 PM

political issue. Dems believe in it; Pubs don't.

Your statement about Covid-19 applies here as well, verbatim..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Years ago, it struck me odd the climate change was a

Mar 31, 2020, 1:54 PM

Your comment is a another problem that persists as facts. Not all Republicans may agree on an issue and neither do the Democrats. This attitude leads to a "Us versus Them" situation which makes it difficult for the two sides to come to an agreement over an issue.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry - shoulda said "Most Dems...; most Pubs..."***

Mar 31, 2020, 2:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Years ago, it struck me odd the climate change was a

Mar 31, 2020, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Years ago, it struck me odd the climate change was a ]

Excellent point Joe. The wisdom and experience of your age is showing through. I pride myself on attempting to look at the facts in all situations, probably based on my career. But almost all of us occasionally fail and let political heritage creak into and shade our opinions. Your point is right that a greater effort needs to be made to recognize some facts and come together.
However, even during WW lll there was an element that was critical of almost every policy decision. Theodore Roosevelt said it was unpatriotic, even in times of stress, to not criticize a bad decision as well as honor good decisions. Again necessary to weigh the facts.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 1:50 PM

Exactly! Stay safe.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 5:39 PM

Old Japanese proverb:

Fix the problem...not the blame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic