Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Advice Needed - Very Important!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,173

Advice Needed - Very Important!

Aug 26, 2018, 9:48 AM

I recently cut the cord with Comcast after my bill reached $200+. You'd think those greedy %$#@ would be smarter than raising you bill after the contract ends and alarming customers. Anyway, I kept their high speed internet and I'm going over the top. I have an Apple TV box and need to purchase an app that will give me the most college football bang for the buck (ESPNs, Fox Regional stations, etc.) so I don't miss any Clemson games. Any advice? Slingblade, Youtube, etc??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Advice Needed - Very Important!

Aug 26, 2018, 10:14 AM

That's what I'm doing this year. Basically all of these services have free trials so I'm gonna start with Sling and work my way through the rest as the season goes by.

Aug 26, 2018, 10:14 AM

Youtube TV has B1G Network, CBS Sports, ESPN & ESPN2, ESPNU, Fox regionals, FS1 & FS2, NBC Sports, SEC Network, and several non-football sports channels in their $40/month (67 channels in metro Atl) basic package. You get local broadcast stations with them as well, and unlimited free DVR.

Sling TV is more customizable and can be cheaper. They also have a few sports channels Youtube TV doesn't offer. $40/month package has 48 channels, no local stations.

DirecTV Now is also a good option, and offers the most channels of the 3 services (125+ channels with their fanciest $75/month package). $40/month for their basic package, add HBO for $5/month.

They all have free trials, so you should really just see what works best for you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 10:38 AM

Big thanks!

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,173
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic