Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Adrian Baker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Adrian Baker

Dec 1, 2015, 10:04 PM

This Kid has made the 2 biggest Picks of the year!! With the passing Attack of the Tarholes, I think he replaces Blanks ... I hope so

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Adrian Baker

Dec 1, 2015, 10:07 PM

Has to. Blanks can't cover Switzer

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 1, 2015, 10:30 PM

Yea believe we will def see the slant!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2015, 10:09 PM

Blanks is used as a nickelback/linebacker...baker is strictly a corner...won't happen. Wiggins will be back in the lineup at the nickel/linebacker spot next year

Dec 1, 2015, 10:11 PM

I'm not talking about next year... So Baker was in at corner when he got the Picks??

Dec 1, 2015, 10:12 PM

Yea he was

Dec 1, 2015, 10:14 PM

Didn't realize that...sub for Tank i assume?
would it not make more sense to have a better cover guy like baker in the nickel vs the tarholes?

Dec 1, 2015, 10:16 PM

Tank is a good cover guy. Just because he has more picks than him doesn't mean he's a better cover guy. Tank is more experienced and he can hold his on

Dec 1, 2015, 10:17 PM

oh I'm not saying baker is better than Tank..i'm saying i think baker is a better cover guy than blanks

Dec 1, 2015, 10:18 PM

SO we have played Baker, Tank& Mac together???

Dec 1, 2015, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Adrian Baker ]

O'Daniel would most likely be the next man up. The way baker plays, he just looks nothing more than a boundary corner

Dec 1, 2015, 10:21 PM

I actually thought O'Daniel has looked to be the better of the 2 this year

Dec 1, 2015, 10:24 PM

Yea...blanks just has the experience and maybe the better football IQ but O'Daniel is clearly the better player to me too. Blanks hasn't been the same since his injury and he's gotten way too slow

Dec 1, 2015, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Adrian Baker ]

I thought he was in on the nickel package. Playing tank, Mack and baker. With kearse and green at safety

Re: Tank has 4 picks this season.***

Dec 2, 2015, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Adrian Baker ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2015, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Adrian Baker ]

Yea he was

yes, but mackenzie played nickel for adrian's fsu pick. the

Dec 1, 2015, 10:30 PM

tigers were in a 3-2-6 set on 3rd & 10 and walked kearse down on the edge as rush end.

earlier in the year they were using carter in the nickel spot with mac & tank on the edges, but carter got dinged.

bv definitely has 5 & 6 db packages and the guys to man them, so i won't be shocked to see banks/o'daniel sitting some on saturday if bv so desires. it'll be a fun chess game going on with subs and having personel ready to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes, but mackenzie played nickle for adrian's fsu pick. the

Dec 1, 2015, 10:34 PM

See I don't mind the 3-2-6 set in obvious passing downs IF our line is generating pressure...if none is generated, do we blitz our LBs and risk leaving the middle wide open? I still think Williams will need a spy...on every down.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

bv has said many times he won't on "every down" and got

Dec 1, 2015, 10:36 PM

miffed at someone for suggesting it against connor shaw a couple years back, but i hear what you're saying. he'll mix it up i'm sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: bv has said many times he won't on "every down" and got

Dec 1, 2015, 10:38 PM

From what you've seen, do you think Shaq and Dodd can generate pressure in that 3-2-6 or in our normal 4-3 vs that UNC OL?

yep- we played 5 and 6 dbs quite a bit against FSU- pretty

Dec 1, 2015, 10:35 PM [ in reply to yes, but mackenzie played nickel for adrian's fsu pick. the ]

crazy to think when you're going against one of the best backs in the country-- but it worked

Re: yep- we played 5 and 6 dbs quite a bit against FSU- pretty

Dec 1, 2015, 10:36 PM

It worked because we were getting pressure and putting hands on Cook in the backfield.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:17 PM

Mack slides in to play the nickel role, Baker plays boundary corner. We've done it for several games now. More likely we'd see O'Daniel for Boulware

^^^ and i expect to see a lot of hood if boulware is

Dec 1, 2015, 10:33 PM

out of the box.

it'll be fun watching bv work something up for this, but he's got plenty of options & talent to fill the roles. they just need to play their part when asked to do so.

Re: ^^^ and i expect to see a lot of hood if boulware is

Dec 2, 2015, 3:48 AM

Why would you say that. the games that DoD played he had like 12 tackles. Don't down play the kid. He plays ball. He's a good linebacker, he is just getting more experience. Just sucks we lost Korie for depth, but Jalen Williams is doing great when he is in. What's up with Joseph is he still hurt? That's another LB that hasn't seen the field in a while either.

not a knock on dorian whatsoever. you lose boulware's

Dec 2, 2015, 6:56 AM

presence and 25+ lbs at the point of attack. they do not play the same position, so you give something up if that's one of bv's sets. who knows, some of it will be situational, down & distance. it will be really interesting how bv and staff attack fedora's O.

as for my comment, if clemson goes small in the box, i'd test it all day, all night if i was unc and had elijah hood, wouldn't you? hood comes into the game averaging 6.7 per with 1,280 yards rushing, 2nd only to dalvin cook in the acc. he's pretty good and with marquise running the read, plenty dangerous.

again, it was no knock on dorian, he's played d@mn fine ball when called upon, but he's no will backer.

I think Venables will play it just like he did against Miami

Dec 2, 2015, 4:39 AM

Against Miami, he moved Mackensie Alexander to the Nickel corner when playing nickel defense. Adrian Baker will likely line up at Mackensie's regular corner spot when Mack moves to nickelback. This worked extremely well against Miami's high powered passing attack, and I don't' see any reason for him not to do the same thing again unless he simply wants to show something completely new.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do we know about UNC's OL

Dec 2, 2015, 5:13 AM

I know I can look it up, looking for more commentary from you guys.

If Boulware will stay in his lane/drop in coverage correctly and we get pressure, I am not sure they can handle it. They haven't seen a D like our and Williams will have us in his face all night.

Re: What do we know about UNC's OL

Dec 2, 2015, 8:50 AM

They're OL is respectable for sure. They are ranked one of the better teams for not giving up tackles for loss. But I think a few things contribute to that. 1. they mainly use a blocking TE bc he has very few catches. 2. M. Williams is good at escaping pressure at QB. 3. Hood is a load at RB and a good blocking back.

As far as the game goes though. I think Venables dials up pressure though, anything I have seen is that when you get pressure on him he gets a little flustered and makes bad decisions IE the USC game,at the beginning of the season and VT and Pitt. I"m far from a coach but I think if we keep the pressure coming and load the box to stop the run and Williams from escaping the pocket we can trust our DB's. They're go to receivers are bigger and mediocre speed except for Switzer. We have to be careful with him, he is fast, quick and if Williams hits him in screens or slants off the blitzes we could be in trouble.If we slow down the run and keep them in the low 20's scoring I feel we will win this game.

The other thing that I seem to have noticed with our defense is, they get up for the big games and the better offenses. We played great D against the teams I was worried about (ND, GT option, Miami, and FSU)the teams we seemed to struggle on were the teams we didn't plan on giving us challenges. So hopefully they will come out like gang busters Saturday night.Fingers crossed... Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic