Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: DeShawn Williams on Louisville: "They called us out"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: DeShawn Williams on Louisville: "They called us out"

Oct 12, 2014, 9:01 AM

DeShawn Williams on Louisville: "They called us out"

DeShawn Williams felt like Louisville’s coaches and players called out Clemson’s football team with their comments during the week, and the defense responded to those comments with an exclamation point. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, as weird as it tuned out, their defensive player

Oct 12, 2014, 9:18 AM

was kindof right. He said if they stopped us on the first series they'd have us...we didn't score an offensive touchdown, so he was half right. I don't really mind a player being confident...especially if they can back it up like Louisville did yesterday.

What he didn't account for was gary peters' strip and adam humphries' return.

Football is a crazy game.

Re: Actually, as weird as it tuned out, their defensive player

Oct 12, 2014, 9:23 AM

He said they'd win and they lost. Sounds like he was wrong.

Oct 12, 2014, 9:28 AM

Mauldin - your home state guy - said the same talk to Florida before the Sugar Bowl two seasons ago. He believes in his club. If talk about the Syracuse Dome and the statements of a confident All American bother your players, you'd best hope they become deaf soon.

If they consider that trash talk, I wonder how you guys have survived this long.

Well, ummm, he's NOT our home state guy. He went to...

Oct 12, 2014, 9:30 AM

...Loserville.

And, ummm, there are NO moral victories, so, yeah, he was WRONG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually, as weird as it tuned out, their defensive player ]

Isn't Mauldin from GA? Anyway he did back up his talk. Their D was great and did everything they could to win. I guess they just underestimated our D a little bit.

Oct 12, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually, as weird as it tuned out, their defensive player ]

By winning! ;)

Why would we want them to be deaf? If that gets them fired

Oct 12, 2014, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually, as weird as it tuned out, their defensive player ]

up and they play the way they did yesterday I hope someone pisses them off before the rest of our games

It looks like Louisville

Oct 12, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Actually, as weird as it tuned out, their defensive player ]

is the perfect replacement team for Maryland seeing how their fans and players act. You would think that they play for national championships every year the way they talk.
Thanks for the advise guy, we'll take it into consideration next year when we go play in your high school stadium.

That's Cool

Oct 12, 2014, 4:00 PM

> is the perfect replacement team for Maryland seeing
> how their fans and players act. You would think that
> they play for national championships every year the
> way they talk.
> Thanks for the advise guy, we'll take it into
> consideration next year when we go play in your high
> school stadium.

We'll give you a national champion welcome when you come to our house for basketball. You can see one close up and everything in front of 22K folks.

Apples to Oranges

Oct 12, 2014, 4:17 PM

We're not talking basketball

Better believe that there won't be 1 Tiger fan who expects to beat you guys come bball season

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...Basketball trash talk.

Oct 13, 2014, 2:02 AM [ in reply to That's Cool ]

Dookies and Tarholes - We found you a new addition to the conference to talk basketball with...

Oct 12, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually, as weird as it tuned out, their defensive player ]

LOL...and Mauldin is pimping himself out for Homecoming King....huh..what..homecoming King?
Who does that??

https://twitter.com/Lozo_Mauldin_IV

Mauldin is from Atlanta, Ga. Maybe you confused him with Mauldin SC?

Comments like Mauldin's only fire up a team. Maybe he is the one that should become mute

So get off of your high horse and admit that his trash talk fired up our D and your little birdies paid for it.

Mauldin is a heck of a player, but he needs to just prove it on the field and not with his mouth. I only regret that you do not play usuc. I bet he would have a field day against them since they dissed him the day before signing, using the excuse that his grades were not good enough when actually they had oversigned. I would love to see him in a game against them.

But carry on and gloat about your wins against Miami (who have huge wins against Ark State, Florida A&M, Duke (who I actually think is a pretty good team) and Cincinnati. Gloat about your wins against Murray State, Florida International, Wake Forest and the 2-4 Syracuse team. And let's not forget your lying at every job he has had, sneak out in the middle of the night, can't keep his zipper up and lies about his girlfriends and paying her and illegally hiring her, again lying, telling the world he isn't going anywhere when signed by Louisville the first time, again lying coach. And you hired him AGAIN??

Regardless it was a dumb comment. One series does not

Oct 12, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Actually, as weird as it tuned out, their defensive player ]

define a game. It only pumped us up more, however I appreciate him helping us out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Ford would be proud of this defensive effort!

Oct 12, 2014, 11:19 AM

Great job Tigers 'D'! Great coaching effort Coach Venables!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: Coach Ford would be proud of this defensive effort!

Oct 12, 2014, 11:27 AM

Oh how I wish that Venables would also take over calling offensive plays!

Louisville's D steps up against FSU

Oct 12, 2014, 12:00 PM

If Louisville plays like that against FSU RING then they have a better than great chance of pulling off an upset. As a Clemson fan and ACC fan I think Louisville brings to this conference a dynamic Maryland lacked and that Duke apparently is learning to have. Glad to get a W!

Re: Louisville's D steps up against FSU

Oct 12, 2014, 12:01 PM

Supposed to say "FSkrongU"

i'm hoping BC will do some smack-talking this week.***

Oct 12, 2014, 1:42 PM

Echo all this, but I'm surprised no cred

Oct 12, 2014, 4:16 PM

given by this player for the crowd factor. Louisville was harassed all night not only by our D but the crowd, leading to numerous penalties and a lot of third and shorts turned into third and longs.

Re: New Story: DeShawn Williams on Louisville: "They called us out"

Oct 12, 2014, 6:04 PM

You guys played angry..at the same time you kept your cool. Way to go!!!!! Go Tigers

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic