Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gotta love Charleston ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,752

Gotta love Charleston ...

Jun 3, 2015, 11:51 PM

You never know which celebrity or rich & famous person you're going to see on any given day, but Spoletto is currently in full swing, which means more yachts and private jets than usual. Yesterday Mark Cuban's 288 foot mega yacht was at the city marina (along with about 6 other 150+ foot yachts). Then today out at the Charleston Executive Airport on Johns Island I saw Bob McNair's private jet. It caught my attention because the Houston Texans' logo was on each engine. So I looked up the tail number and sure enough it's owned by his NC holding company.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You must be so excited!!!!!

Jun 4, 2015, 5:20 AM

Nfm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually I'm not impressed by people or celebrity. I loath

Jun 4, 2015, 11:08 AM

reality TV and how people in America and our culture make celebrities out of people who do absolutely nothing. If Hollywood imploded tomorrow I'd wear a smile for days. I haven't asked for an autograph since I was 12 and think anyone over 14 wearing a jersey with any name but their own has issues. I think it's twisted the way people on TNET worship players and coaches. I also hate all the publicity Charleston gets and the crowds and rapid growth we have had the past 20 years, with more on the way. It is actually hurting and destroying much of what makes Charleston so special.

But I also love boats and plans. And I find it interesting that people who can afford to live and travel anywhere in the world choose to live and or vacation here.

null

Re: Actually I'm not impressed by people or celebrity. I loath

Jun 4, 2015, 11:52 AM

"Actually I'm not impressed by people or celebrity."

your OP says otherwise.

Creeper

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I thought it was cool seeing their boats and planes. And I

Jun 5, 2015, 12:04 AM

am impressed by those two because they are business titans. They built huge successful businesses. I respect that, which is totally different than celebrities, Hollywood, reality stars, athletes, etc. It's apples and bananas. And I wouldn't ask either for an autograph, but if I ran into them I would shake their hands and ask each for a bit of business advice that they believe in. If you don't get the difference you aren't smart enough to understand the explanation.

null

Re: I thought it was cool seeing their boats and planes. And I

Jun 5, 2015, 12:55 AM

Don't let clemtiger117 bother you. He has nothing better to do rather than being a jerk.

Re: Actually I'm not impressed by people or celebrity. I loath

Jun 5, 2015, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Actually I'm not impressed by people or celebrity. I loath ]

Boats and Plans? Do you mean Planes? If not, you're an idiot

Your parents must be so proud of you. Attacking and

Jun 5, 2015, 5:59 PM

insulting someone for making a typo. Actually, I didn't make a typo, my "e" is busted on my laptop. Sometimes I catch it, sometimes I don't. But I so appreciate petty, stupid, small minded children attacking me for something so obvious and trivial. My aren't you a great humanitarian. Not!!

null

Stargaze much?***

Jun 4, 2015, 6:09 AM

Not at all but dig big boats and cool plans.***

Jun 4, 2015, 11:10 AM

null

Re: Gotta love Charleston ...Thanks

Jun 4, 2015, 7:01 AM

for a while I didnt know who Bob McNair was till you explained it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, me either.***

Jun 4, 2015, 7:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I was set to cruise in but my

Jun 4, 2015, 7:21 AM

12 ft Acadia had a factory recall to the airbag. .so....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Gotta love Charleston ...

Jun 4, 2015, 8:00 AM

McNair just bought The Golf Club at Briar's Creek on John's Island. It's a pretty exclusive golf course that went bankrupt.

I knew about that and I've driven through there. It is a

Jun 4, 2015, 10:53 AM

gorgeous piece of property. From Charleston to Beaufort you'll find some of the most beautiful places on this rock we call earth.

null

Jun 5, 2015, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Gotta love Charleston ... ]

Went bankrupt? Perhaps they made it too exclusive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually exclusivity helps a lot of private clubs. Briar

Jun 5, 2015, 6:32 PM

Creek was doing fine until the recession and real estate collapse.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150503/PC05/150509890

FWIW, a ton of golf courses across the country have gone bankrupt due to the real estate collapse and economy. Many were open to the public, or technically private, but far from exclusive.

null

Thanks for the semi-chub...***

Jun 4, 2015, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2015, 7:19 AM

I was in Charleston last week, but simply enjoyed the beach, swimming, biking, walking, beautiful weather, good friends, and some really good seafood. But then, that's why I went there.

Oh yeah - my daughter and her husband live there, so I got to spend the day at the beach with them. That was good too.

I'll have to look for Bob what's-his-name next time I visit there. I despise Cuban. He's an arrogant dlck.

Here you go ........

Jun 5, 2015, 6:07 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_McNair

He grew up in NC, graduated from USCjr., and owns the Houston Texans.

Clemson alum and soccer player Jamey Roots is president of the Texans.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/staff/jamey-rootes/01eccead-fcd6-4405-ad16-4643d8e42b8c

null

haven't been there in forever.

Jun 5, 2015, 6:42 PM

gonna check it out when i'm back there
this summer. looking forward to it.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,752
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic