Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU freshman dismissed from football team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

LSU freshman dismissed from football team

May 15, 2020, 6:16 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/lsus-donte-starks-dismissed-from-football-team/ar-BB148PMl?ocid=spartandhp

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU freshman dismissed from football team

May 15, 2020, 6:53 PM

Great, here comes psychobloj to rationalize that because of the immense schedule burden of the SEC, these things happen...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2020, 10:28 PM

He messed up. Guess he didn’t get the memo. The handgun needs to be stolen, you need to be high and you need to be in a closed cemetery at 2:00am..........then it would be OK.
Details matter.

May 16, 2020, 10:42 AM

or be a starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2020, 1:13 PM

castaway® said:

or be a starter.

LSU suspended STARTER M. Divinity from the team the week before visiting bama, so that don't fly.

Divinity had to sit out 6 games, thus quit the team. Then he quickly returned, working on scout teams to help. Suspension was thru bama game, 3 other reg season games, SEC CG and 1st round of playoffs. He finally became eligible for the CG and got in a few plays.

Kudos to the young man, he stayed to help the team, got his degree and signed a NFL contract.

Divinity is from NOLA, many troubled kids from that environment including Starks.

LSU dismissed Tyran Mathieu (also from NOLA) from the team, very soon after he had been a NYC invitee for Heismann as a Soph DB. He hit bottom, was then taken in by teammate's (Patrick Peterson) family, got straight, got drafted and starred in NFL. He was MVP of the Chief's SB Winning team. "Honey Badge"r now visits LSU regularly, has contributed millions to the program and frequently talks to the players about the need and how to get and stay straight.

LSU also gave a 'ship to Stephen Sullivan, a homeless kid whose amazement at getting to campus was re having a place to sleep every nite and good meals daily. A WR/TE, he god very little PT his SR year, didn't see the field vs CU, but got his degree and was drafted.

There is an obligation to try to help disacvantaged/troubled youth with talent and potential.

May 17, 2020, 1:23 PM

Divinity failed a NCAA mandated drug test. LSU had no choice but to suspend him.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 16, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU freshman dismissed from football team ]

Plus 1 to you BloodbeOrange for your gift of foresight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2020, 2:43 PM

Sometimes, I hate being right, ?????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2020, 1:28 PM

Yes ... can’t believe that psy guy is still here ... like anybody cares what he has to say ... ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 16, 2020, 2:27 PM

Is that a 1st for the program? Did they set a new precedent for the team?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2020, 2:33 PM

They have a ways to go to catch up with the recruiting champions from jawja.

May 16, 2020, 2:46 PM

However, they are setting a neck breaking pace.

does auburn have a scholarship available***

May 16, 2020, 2:58 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The weed with roots in helll

May 16, 2020, 4:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually

May 17, 2020, 11:05 AM

Donte Starks, who was dismissed from LSU's football team earlier this week, posted a message on social media Saturday morning saying he was kicked off the team because of academics, not because of "guns, drugs, etc."

Starks had been indefinitely suspended since February after an arrest on counts of illegally possessing a concealed handgun and attempting to run from law enforcement in Marrero. LSU suspended Starks for an unspecified violation of team rules the next day.

In his post on social media, Starks said of his arrest that he "accepted that and moved on."

"...mistakes happen, it's life," he wrote. "I got dismissed because of my academics. The schooling part is my weakness, and I'm okay with admitting that."

Starks, a former four-star recruit from John Ehret High School, missed preseason camp last summer while he completed a math course to become academically eligible. Starks joined the team before the season-opener. Orgeron said it came "down to the wire."

Starks ended up playing in three games last season, mostly on special teams. He did not record a tackle.

Starks may have competed for a starting role this season after LSU lost its inside linebackers from last year's national championship team to the NFL draft.

It's not a mistake, it's a choice. I'm sure the former...

May 17, 2020, 11:15 AM

stupidity fits in well in Baton Rouge?

Re: Actually

May 17, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Actually ]

Thugs gonna thug @ LSthUg

May 17, 2020, 12:16 PM

WRONG!

Had no problem with posting that a kid went thug. Had a HUGE problem with the IGNORANT comment that he would not have been suspended if he was a starter.

But whatever balm it takes to put down the team that kicked your butts.

May 17, 2020, 12:25 PM

Nobody put down the team that kicked our butts. Not one person. The assault is on the integrity of the program, the players and the fan base that rationalizes their poor behavior off the field. You simply can’t handle that you are more concerned with your team winning than doing it the right way, on and off the field. Go on and tell us more super fan. We care.

May 17, 2020, 12:47 PM

Nobody put down the team that kicked our butts. Not one person. The assault is on the integrity of the program, the players and the fan base that rationalizes their poor behavior off the field. You simply can’t handle that you are more concerned with your team winning than doing it the right way, on and off the field. Go on and tell us more super fan. We care.

There was/is no rationalizing bad behavior, kids do the crime they serve the time.

The claim that LSU doesn't do things the right way is an unsupported claim. SHOW ME THE DATA!

Kids make mistakes, especially those from poor problematic places.

LSU suspended offenders, including an important starter before the biggest game of the year, at bama.

How is that doing anything but the right way?

May 17, 2020, 12:52 PM

Do you guys give them the guns on signing day or is that more a privilege they earn in the yard?

May 17, 2020, 1:26 PM

Do you guys give them the guns on signing day or is that more a privilege they earn in the yard?

As expected, an irrelevant insult to a legit question.

If you got no answer, swing away.

May 17, 2020, 1:38 PM

You’re a troll on a Clemson sports message board wanting to continue pounding your chest over a win months ago that no one will argue with you about. You talk about suspensions as a means to punish criminals and expect to get a response that contests stupidity? Sorry, not getting that from me. My response is exactly what your trolls deserve.

May 17, 2020, 1:53 PM

You’re a troll on a Clemson sports message board wanting to continue pounding your chest over a win months ago that no one will argue with you about. You talk about suspensions as a means to punish criminals and expect to get a response that contests stupidity? Sorry, not getting that from me. My response is exactly what your trolls deserve.

Is NOT the job of a team/school to punish criminal behavior. That is appropriately left up to the courts. Team suspended the kid, and any others, while waiting for the courts to act. Team also suspends kids regardless of their importance on the field or impending game if they violatethe rules.

My comments don't defend the criminal behavior, just the baseless accusations that the school acted imappropriately and valued winning over doing right.

May 17, 2020, 2:19 PM

Ah, I see. Not everyone’s sense of integrity is equal. Recruiting low character, sorry, “disadvantage,” as you rationalized, should be a privilege lost, not suspended, when the scenario of illegal firearm possession are introduced. Kids smoke pot or drink or get in altercations, but you continue to downplay the seriousness of what is becoming a trend with football players at LSU. Face it, they were suspended because they got caught. They were suspended, not dismissed because the school was more likely to win with them on the team and you know it, which means all of your defense is, is just homer pandering.

May 17, 2020, 3:10 PM

Ah, I see. Not everyone’s sense of integrity is equal. Recruiting low character, sorry, “disadvantage,” as you rationalized, should be a privilege lost, not suspended, when the scenario of illegal firearm possession are introduced. Kids smoke pot or drink or get in altercations, but you continue to downplay the seriousness of what is becoming a trend with football players at LSU. Face it, they were suspended because they got caught. They were suspended, not dismissed because the school was more likely to win with them on the team and you know it, which means all of your defense is, is just homer pandering.

Kids are suspended pending investigation. It is WRONG in this country to punish without the person having a chance to defend self. A player don't lose rights because he is on a team.

The trend is everywhere, not just LSU. LSU investigates and tests more stringently than most.

May 17, 2020, 3:29 PM

I can’t argue that an LSU player doesn’t lose anything for carrying a gun. Not until the political ramifications are too high that is.
Only then do they cut bait.

They test more stringently huh? Guess I’m not familiar with the concept given we don’t recruit the morally weak.

Just curious

May 17, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually ]

PschoBJ, have you ever considered creating a fan site for LSWho fans? I’ve never looked to see if there are any as I don’t go to other teams sites. I can see it before and after a playoff/championship game but now you just seem kind of sad. You could call it something like Corndoggin Cajuns.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic