Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting tweet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Interesting tweet

Dec 14, 2017, 3:27 PM

https://twitter.com/LarryWilliamsTI/status/941402017980997633

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

how much better is Auburn's secondary than ours?***

Dec 14, 2017, 3:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: how much better is Auburn's secondary than ours?***

Dec 14, 2017, 3:34 PM

This is all about containing Hurts and defending the run game. Auburn's secondary maybe a "smidge" better than ours, but not by a whole lot. We could easily do the same things and the results would be similar. Until Bama can prove it can throw the ball consistently and convert on 3rd and long, this recipe is perfect to slay elephants...especially against talented, fundamentally sound defenses.

Just my two cents.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 3:36 PM

Exactly...

Contain the outside run game with Scarborough and its all gravvvvyyy...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 14, 2017, 4:05 PM

I could be dead wrong, but is Scarborough running with the same kind of confidence and power this year as last?

Dec 14, 2017, 8:52 PM

Yea he is...The OL just isn’t that good in run blocking this year. Last year he killed us in outside run.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 14, 2017, 9:53 PM

I remember watching Bama's first drive of the 2nd half against Auburn. They kept feeding Bo, and he ran like a freight train. Nobody wants to tackle that guy when it's like that.

He scored on that drive, but then it was quiet. I didn't watch a lot of Bama this year, but the OL being down a bit would explain Bo's productivity had dropped.

According to S&P+ Auburn was #1 against the pass and we

Dec 14, 2017, 3:43 PM [ in reply to how much better is Auburn's secondary than ours?*** ]

were #2. We were #2 in passing success rate (defense) and they were 4th. We were #1 in sack rate and they were #16. They were #1 in preventing big plays in the passing game and we were #37. Very similar and I'm guessing the higher sack rate and higher number of big plays allowed were due to us blitzing a little more than they do. Whether or not we will blitz less against Bama remains to be seen. That's BV's calling card.

Re: According to S&P+ Auburn was #1 against the pass and we

Dec 14, 2017, 3:56 PM

Just to add a bit of perspective to those S&P rankings, a lot of the passing success came in the second half and, more often than not, in the 4th quarter with lots of guys gaining experience.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 7:37 PM

That is a huge point... think Louisville. Their pass success came real late in the game. We’ve had a tremendous opportunity to build depth this year. It just may be the one reason we win it all again.

Dec 14, 2017, 8:48 PM

Yep, a great deal of the yards our guys have given up in the passing game has been late in games, when we had an injury riddled secondary with significant injuries at the other two levels of our D, and as stated -yardage from our agressive style of defense (teams are going to make plays here and there). There has also been games to where teams had success by way of blatant holding not getting callled. In a few games it seemed like the officials were basically refusing to call holding during the course of those matchups.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: According to S&P+ Auburn was #1 against the pass and we ]

As well as when we were short handed in the secondary.

Garbage time stats are not included but I don't know exactly what

Dec 14, 2017, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: According to S&P+ Auburn was #1 against the pass and we ]

Is considered garbage time. I heard Bill Connelly say on a podcast that he's looking into expanding garbage time to include more plays.

Re: Interesting tweet

Dec 14, 2017, 3:39 PM

Well the concern for most SEC Experts/Analyst and even a lot of Bama fans is their O-line against our D-line. Its much different than last year, their 0-line has dropped off a bit and our D-line has only gotten better. I still think it'll be a hard fought game, but like most games and we know better than most....if we start seeing us dominate in the trenches, its going to be a long day for Hurts.

Dec 14, 2017, 3:39 PM

Their oline isn't good. I'm telling yall we are going to run away with this game by 21 points.

Saban's worst loss in 11 seasons at Bama is 14 points

Dec 14, 2017, 3:46 PM

If we beat them by 21 it will be an all-time historic arse-whooping - right up there with beating Urban 31-0 last year.

Dec 14, 2017, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting tweet ]

I like the way you think. :)

I dont know about 21...

Dec 14, 2017, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting tweet ]

but I think by at least 10.. maybe 14. It wont be close.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic