Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Acceptance Letters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,931

Acceptance Letters

Feb 3, 2020, 12:41 PM

Wish I had saved mine. It was an interesting process for me. Clemson was among my top choices, but certainly not a given upon acceptance. I had never seen the campus. The campus visit sealed the deal almost instantly (definitely something in those hills !!). Little did I know at the time how important that letter would become. With my daughter now a student, it would have been great to share that letter with her. Had no idea at the time what a special part of my life and my daughter's life (and hopefully a grandchild's life !) CU would become. So - those of you receiving them, cherish them and put them in a safe place ! Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acceptance Letters

Feb 3, 2020, 1:37 PM

Check with archives. They may surprise you unless it was written on a scroll !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acceptance Letters

Feb 3, 2020, 1:39 PM

honestly, had never even considered that ! worth a longshot, I guess. Given my age, actually could have been a scroll !!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saved mine. Just a normal size white envelope

Feb 3, 2020, 1:57 PM

with a Clemson logo. Inside, a simple 1-page letter from the dean of the department saying I was accepted. That's it.

This was early 1980's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a good one: saved mine.............but can't

Feb 3, 2020, 2:49 PM

remember where I put it.

Call it "age-related." lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a good one: saved mine.............but can't

Feb 3, 2020, 4:25 PM

I have no idea what happened to mine. I got it in 1970 and Clemson was the only school I applied to. It was Clemson or get drafted. Luckily they let me in and by the time I was commissioned the war was winding down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, I keep virtually everything but that acceptance letter

Feb 3, 2020, 11:05 PM

is no where to be found but the memory of it arriving just as I was headed to Mt Lake Colony above Travelers Rest with GF had me pumped..but no one there could believe I had been accepted.

Ha..me either!

August 1959~

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,931
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic