Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did Sammy get to start over Xavier Dye and Marquan Jones
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

How did Sammy get to start over Xavier Dye and Marquan Jones

Nov 18, 2014, 6:00 PM

day one, when he was a freshman and they were seniors. They worked hard and could have transferred.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, TDer if you're gonna TD, post a response on how I'm...

Nov 18, 2014, 6:11 PM

wrong in criticizing boneheaded logic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did Sammy get to start over Xavier Dye and Marquan Jones

Nov 18, 2014, 6:15 PM

Today, CDS was referencing how we as "Clemson fans" should support a kid who has dedicated so much to this team. It wasn't in reference to why he is starting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trust and he blocked

Nov 18, 2014, 6:15 PM

First reason you start as a player is if you have the trust of the team and coaches...then if you are good at blocking...and lastly the talent.

I.E. you play if you are talented, you start if people believe you will do what you are supposed to.

Same reason why Alexander is starting this year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trust and he blocked

Nov 18, 2014, 6:16 PM

Do you believe Cole beat out Watson in preseason and that he was more "talented" at the beginning of the year?

Watson was injured for most of the preseason

Nov 18, 2014, 6:18 PM

He came into camp with a bad knee, and then he broke his collar bone. That's why he was way behind in terms of game preparation. If he was healthy the entire spring it may have been a different story.

Absolutely

Nov 18, 2014, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Trust and he blocked ]

Watson is in another class of talent than most all QBs in the country. I don't see how anyone can deny that. But he had practiced what...3 weeks? And even less than that in contact situations? He was a little gimpy coming into Clemson, then broke his collarbone and wasn't full go until into summer camp. I am sure he showed flashes, but didn't have the consistency to be the starter on the road in the 2nd biggest game of the year and his first ever putting on the jersey.

Stoudt in every performance in a game until that point had played well. He looked fine in the spring and the summer. No reason to think he wouldn't perform come gametime. And he did well in the first couple games...then he got himself so psyched out he needs to be laying on a couch talking to someone

Only reason I would have started a true freshmen in his first game on the road in a night game would be if my team had nothing to lose or I had no other options due to depth chart issues or injuries. We had no idea then what we know now

Re: Absolutely

Nov 18, 2014, 7:58 PM

I had a pretty good idea sitting in the stands at UGA after Watson threw that touchdown pass to Peake that Watson should be the starter and Cole should ride the bench. Cole then proceeded to confirm that notion the entire second half of that game when we went down in flames with Cole at the helm per Dabo. Didn't even think to put Watson in for one drive in the 3rd quarter to see if the game would change at all. The beginning of the end of the season at that point because Dabo began to show his blind loyalty to a bum.

I gave this a thumbs down

Nov 18, 2014, 6:17 PM

Clemson has started several freshmen under Dabo on both offense and defense.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic