Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Proud of our Men’s Golf Team!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Proud of our Men’s Golf Team!

May 27, 2019, 10:37 PM

Congratulations for making the top 15 and forcing a playoff for the final 8.

Even though you came up one shot short of making the match play round... (one you’ll play over many times in your mind), you made us all proud !!!!

You won’t meet a finer group of young men than Bryson, Colby, Jacob, Kyle, and William. No doubt great things are in your future!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

certianly a great final push following the ACC performance***

May 27, 2019, 10:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great group of young Tigers!!!

May 27, 2019, 10:51 PM

Helluva job Coach P!!! . . . Tip of the cap to Mr Cottam for holding down the fort!

Chin up guys, we are proud of all of you!!! You represented yourselves and us well!!!

For that . . . Many thanks!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great group of young Tigers!!!

May 27, 2019, 11:23 PM

Hopefully Kyle will take the keys next year along with Colby and William. I really don’t see either of them leaving this year. We will miss Bryson but Jacob and Zach along with Turk can all make big strides and who knows what new freshman phenom we may come ready to step up like Jacob did this year.

By all accounts, we were really in a rebuilding year once Doc bolted. I really think had he returned for his junior year, we’d have been up there with wake, vandy, and possibly given OSU a good run.

OSU is in a place with golf about where we are in FB. Turning away 5*’s. And their team has a lot of international players...

Next spring should be very exciting by all accounts.... and we’ll have women’s softball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely .... proud .....

May 28, 2019, 12:24 AM

..... of the team !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Absolutely .... proud .....

May 28, 2019, 7:34 AM

Great job Tigers!

Re: Proud of our Men’s Golf Team!

May 28, 2019, 7:58 AM

There's a lot of young talent returning. We should have a very good team next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 8:19 AM

hopefully we won't miss Bryson Nimmer as much as I think we will.I mean he was the heart and soul of the team this year.Nobody came close to his consistency of shooting low scores and finishing in the Top 5,winning 4 times.No telling what kinda team this year for the Fall/Spring that coach Penley would have fielded minus Bryson Nimmer.

May 28, 2019, 10:48 AM

Mr consistency the whole time he was here. Wasn’t it last year that he only had one round over 75. Incredible, and even better young man. Great parents!

I’m excited about the fall season to see who does step up. I personally think Jacob can make huge strides. CLP should have a few options. Zach is way too good of a golfer and has the potential to be Clemson’s best ever.

Kyle can get his wedge game down this summer and fall, he’ll turn in some low scores. Exciting...

May 28, 2019, 11:24 AM

don't know what Bryson did last season alone stat wise but as a whole he had remarkable collegiate career.Going into this years NCAA Tournament he had 20 rounds this season and 46 for his career when shooting in the 60's and he finished his career with 28 Top 10's and 4 Wins.Don't know when it will happen,hopefully real soon but one day he will definitely be in the Clemson Athletics Hall of Fame and deservedly so

May 28, 2019, 11:43 AM

Forgot to mention also that he was a 4-time All-ACC selection,3-time All-ACC Academic,four-time All-District by Coaches Association,ACC Player of the Year in 2018-19 and honorable mention All-American by Coaches Association as a sophomore and second-team All-American as a junior and most likely when the All America team comes out for this season he'll be n that one too.For this year he has been named one of 10 finalists for the Fred Haskins Award. The honor is presented each year to the top collegiate golfer.Just see nothing but really good things happening for him when he turns Pro and it will surprise me if it does not happen.

May 28, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Proud of our Men’s Golf Team! ]

Yep - If he had been on for this tournament think we would have been in the top 8 with no problem....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 28, 2019, 5:53 PM

Oh, no doubt about it. He finished +13 for the tournament. He was +10 on 9 and 18 for the tournament. Unreal two holes bit him that bad.

Seriously doubt that will ever happen to him again in a tournament.

Great job, guys! Proud of you***

May 28, 2019, 8:41 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Agree. Great effort by the team, fighting until the very end

May 28, 2019, 8:53 AM

even though they did not have their "A" game. If we had to lose out on the last spot, I don't mind it being to SMU. With what their Coach has gone through personally, he deserves some happiness in his life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree. Great effort by the team, fighting until the very end

May 28, 2019, 1:19 PM

seems to me baseball and basketball never gets this treatment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 5:46 PM

I think they would get even more with a record like Penley has accomplished.

May 28, 2019, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Agree. Great effort by the team, fighting until the very end ]

They both could use more support!!!

Very proud of the boys though. Great having such success in the tourney!!!

Re: Proud of our Men’s Golf Team! CONGRATS***

May 28, 2019, 1:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic