Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
About last night..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,654

About last night..

Jan 4, 2015, 9:57 PM

Last night was the worst game I've ever witnessed in Littlejohn. I've been to a lot of great games there and left with my heart broken more often than not, but usually have a blast. Last night was pure misery. It's very sad for many reasons.

Knowing we were outmatched, does anyone have an idea of what our game plan to score points was going in? Was it really to stand still without the ball, pass around the perimeter and throw up some shots as the play clock winds down?

Brownell has forgotten more about college basketball than I'll ever know. I really thought he had turned the corner last year, but watching this team is really tough.

I don't expect to win many more games this year, but I'd like for us to play harder, come up with some loose balls, rebound, and run some actual offensive plays. It might help.

It's hard to believe we were in the NCAA tournament 4 straight years and playing for an ACC Championship not that long ago.

I really hope Brownell turns this around... If not, we are in a big mess.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About last night..

Jan 4, 2015, 10:00 PM

I'm afraid you are right. BB is no offensive mind for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 4, 2015, 10:25 PM

Not sure what gives you any hope BB can turn it around. Now his biggest break is that the power teams are in the other division so he only has to play them once. But still, the program is far worse than what he inher item five years ago. And fan apathy is starting to settle in. DR can't have an apathetic fan base on his hands when he is looking to sell suites for the new arena in a couple of years.

Hey coot, there are no divisions in ACC basketball.

Jan 4, 2015, 11:19 PM

Thanks for your concern.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC basketball = no divisions

Jan 5, 2015, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Re: About last night.. ]

The saddest part about last night was all of the Baby Blue in LJ. There is no support at Clemson for anything other than football. Pathetic fans.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?

Jan 5, 2015, 6:49 AM

How can the problems with this basketball program be attributed to poor fan support? It's obvious the team needs support but the problems appear to be much, much deeper.

Re: Really?

Jan 5, 2015, 9:02 AM

Do you even realize how much of a difference fan support makes in basketball? Probably not because it sounds like you never go. It literally changes outcomes of games.

Also, why do you think recruits werent ready to commit last year after a visit when we were handing it to Duke and several other teams, and they got to watch KJ put on a show? BECAUSE THE BUILDING WAS VIRTUALLY EMPTY FOR EVERY GAME. Trumps all.

Jan 4, 2015, 10:25 PM

Yall have me super pumped for the WF game I bought tickets for in 3 weeks. Yay.

Jan 5, 2015, 12:33 AM

IMO our biggest problem is the point guard position. Keep in mind we may have an ACC caliber starting point guard taking over next year. I saw some reason for hope in the way DeVoe handled himself with the ball in his hands as well. I'm going to keep the faith at least through next season. Thanks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I literally posted this exact same thing earlier today

Jan 5, 2015, 3:30 AM

Seems I wasn't the only one

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,654
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic