Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Points off of turnovers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Points off of turnovers

Oct 20, 2019, 8:41 PM

Can anyone tell me how many points off of turnovers that we are giving up per turnover ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About 1 point per turnover...

Oct 21, 2019, 12:47 AM

There have been 13 turnovers and 14 points scored off of them. One TD was A&M’s 91 yard TD drive with 6 seconds left and UNC scored the other one after Etienne’s fumble early in the 2nd Quarter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: About 1 point per turnover...

Oct 21, 2019, 10:40 AM

Thanks.

Who really gives a crap about TL's interceptions if nobody can turn them into points against our defense. They are costing us about a point per turnover. Big Whoop

Oct 21, 2019, 11:21 AM

The nc fumble was costly.... changed the direction of the game in my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 11:29 AM

Without that fumble, I don't see the game as being a nail-biter. Actually, I believe their first TD should've been called back due to blatant holding. Small changes in a game like that can lead to big changes in outcome. We score on the drive ETN fumbles and they get the first TD called back, all of a sudden its a 21-0 or 21-3 game at half and obviously that changes the complexion of the game in the second half. Can always complain about this "what ifs" in CFB and that also shows how hard it is to win any week as such plays can have huge repercussions on the eventual outcome.

To OP's point, our D has absolutely stepped up. A lot of these turnovers have occurred on our side of the field as well, resulting in almost not scores. That is truly remarkable. I believe TL will get better, he has all the talent in the world, but I am frankly not concerned atm. Honestly, with the perception of playing so "poorly" and still blowing opponents out, I'd love to see a game where TL flips the narrative... Might feel sorry for our opponent.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic