Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AP Top 25 Basketball Poll Released - Tigers #16
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,777

AP Top 25 Basketball Poll Released - Tigers #16

Feb 5, 2018, 12:25 PM

https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

I still don't understand how Ohio State keeps getting ranked above us, they have more losses and we beat them!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't usually care about polls because they don't really

Feb 5, 2018, 12:36 PM

determine a team's seeding or anything, but that's absolutely ridiculous. I get being knocked down a couple pegs because UVA blew us out, but that was a perfect storm of bad circumstances. This team is a really good team and still undefeated at home. I'm not saying we should be top 10 necessarily (although a valid argument can certainly be made for that), but we should be no worse than 14th and probably closer to 11th or 12th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Based on SOS, they probably could be ahead of Zona...

Feb 5, 2018, 12:46 PM

and OSU, but only 27 votes separate 14-16, so they're ~relatively equal over 800ish votes.

I didn't look up how the run of wins/losses have played out for the others, so...

SOS

Tenn 4
Clem 23
NUTU 40
ZONA 50

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonzaga at SOS 58, 4 losses and ranked 12th***

Feb 5, 2018, 12:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yeah, I looked at those 4 cause of the votes[100] and not

Feb 5, 2018, 1:08 PM

knowing wins/losses - how they've unfolded.

It seems there's a sizeable difference once you get to 12[>100] so there's more at play?

The Fighting Brownlee's are having a great year and of course the early recognition would be nice, but not yet "necessary"... just win baby.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gonzaga at SOS 58, 4 losses and ranked 12th***

Feb 5, 2018, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Gonzaga at SOS 58, 4 losses and ranked 12th*** ]

one would think with the possibility of a 3 seed, which seems to be the conventional wisdom, the tigers should be ranked no worse than 12th.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Does the committee "care" about the AP as much as I do?

Feb 5, 2018, 1:14 PM

Committee members have a wide-range of observation, consultation and data resources available to them throughout the season and during selection week. These resources provide the foundation for a thorough and educated process that is reinforced by the committee member’s discussion and deliberation. Among the resources available to the committee are an extensive season-long evaluation of teams through watching games, conference monitoring calls and NABC regional advisory rankings; complete box scores and results, head-to-head results, results versus common opponents, imbalanced conference schedules and results, overall and non-conference strength of schedule, the quality of wins and losses, road record, player and coach availability and various computer metrics. Each of the 10 committee members uses these various resources to form their own opinions, resulting in the committee’s consensus position on teams’ selection and seeding.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-03-12/march-madness-bracket-how-68-teams-are-selected-division-i

They are 3 spots ahead of us in the KenPom ratings as well.

Feb 5, 2018, 12:44 PM

That lends a little support to the AP putting them above us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AP Top 25 Basketball Poll Released - Tigers #16

Feb 5, 2018, 12:56 PM

Here is how the writers think we are doing.

http://collegepolltracker.com/basketball/team/clemson-tigers/2017

And I see 0-31-0 is still ranked above us.

Feb 5, 2018, 1:11 PM

SMH

Re: AP Top 25 Basketball Poll Released - Tigers #16

Feb 5, 2018, 1:13 PM

How is Tenn ranked ahead of the Tigers ?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,777
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic