Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACCT Seeding Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,439

ACCT Seeding Prediction

Mar 4, 2019, 1:51 PM

based on how I see remaining sched shaking out

6 UL 10-8 @UVA
7 NCSU 10-8 GT, @ BC
8 SU 10-8 UVA, at CU
9 CU 9-9 @ND, SU

UL/NCSU/SU all 1-1 against each other; UL gets 6 I believe due to victory over the Heels, No one would have beaten UVA and Heels will likely be ahead of Duke. NCSU then takes H2H over SU based on beating them in only meeting for the 7 spot.

This would give us back to back games against Cuse and don't think there is anyway they would go over us if we take 2 back to back. ACC still may get 9 in though. If NCSU stumbles at BC then we have a shot to beat NCSU tied with them at 9-9 in regular season. Win that on a neutral court and I think we are above NCSU at that point... 9 teams still may go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACCT Seeding Prediction

Mar 4, 2019, 2:21 PM

So your scenario plays out, we play Syracuse in ACC if we beat them. Or we play NCST if Syracuse beats us.

Which do you prefer?

Mar 4, 2019, 2:48 PM

We must beat 'Cuse at home. Period. To dance, we need to beat ND and 'Cuse, and then win the 8/9 seed game (against NC State hopefully as a rubber match, or cuse again) Of course we are in if *maybe* take down #1 seed team... plausible if either Duke (sans Zion) or UVA wins, no chance against UVA schematically. We need 3 wins and then there is a good case. Drop any and there is a good case for the NIT.

We should also be pulling for Lville or Cuse to beat UVA. Not playing them on day 3 would be preferable. Duke has UVA in the tiebreaker but UVA beat UNC.

we beat SU is my scenario. I wasn't providing scenarios

Mar 4, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: ACCT Seeding Prediction ]

where we lose. If SU beats us they are 11-7 and would finish 6th unless UL upset UVA. Regardless, NCSU would be 8 if that happened and we would play them.

The above is my predictions based on remaining schedules. 3 teams tied at 10-8 and CU at 9-9 to end the regular season.

Probably prefer SU twice over NCSU but don't think it really matters that much.

I think NCSU could lose to BC on the road....

Mar 4, 2019, 6:06 PM

NCSU was ‘ranked’ early because of a couple of good non-conference wins (Auburn in particular), but in the ACC, they’ve been like us...beating basement dwellers, but losing to teams above them. They are very similar to us in resume from a conference perspective, they just did slightly better in non-conference play.

Currently they are 8-8....

Wins over Pitt twice, @Miami, @Notre Dame, BC, Wake, Clemson and Syracuse.

Losses to UNC twice, @Duke, @FSU, VT, UVA, @Louisville, @Wake

BC seems to be playing better...they’ve had some injury issues. They will be a tough out.

Mar 4, 2019, 11:30 PM

So it’s possible.. who knew. Beat Cuse

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,439
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic