Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACCN versus ACC Network Extra?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

ACCN versus ACC Network Extra?

May 14, 2019, 6:44 PM

I have Sling and have this channel called ACC Network EXTRA. Is that/will that be the same as the ACCN that's launching in August, or is it separate from that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACCN versus ACC Network Extra?

May 14, 2019, 6:49 PM

You can't get the ACCN on ACC Network Extra.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Just want to know if I need to dump Sling, or if the former

May 14, 2019, 7:05 PM

channel will become the ACCN? I don't think they will coexist. I know Hulu and PS Vue have it. YouTubeTV doesn't. DirectTV does. It sounds like a giant cluster #### and I can't even see who all carries it even on the ACCN website.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am waiting until the first of August to make a decision

May 14, 2019, 8:18 PM

More services could add the ACCN before that first game. I have YouTube and am hoping it's picked up by them. If not, I will switch to Playstation Vue.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Just want to know if I need to dump Sling, or if the former

May 14, 2019, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Just want to know if I need to dump Sling, or if the former ]

Swoff has delayed this for years. Now its a cluster cluck. No surprise

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is useless.

May 14, 2019, 6:57 PM

It only shows things that you do not want to watch, everything else is blacked out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it is useless.

May 14, 2019, 7:01 PM

No, That’s ESPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 7:11 PM

This is a good question. I’m not sure what will happen the ACCN Extra. It’s the streaming side and is readily available thru the ESPN app. I would not be surprised if moves inside the ESPN+ paywall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 8:42 PM

I have Youtube tv and they don't carry ACCN. I plan on picking up HULU Live for their 30 day trial in early August then dropping them in September. That opening game should be our only one on the ACCN network.

No one has ACCN yet, it doesn't start up until August 22nd!

May 14, 2019, 10:55 PM

True, Hulu, PS Vue & DirecTV have agreements to start carrying it August 22nd, and I bet YouTube & Dish will have it then, too! Why worry about switching to a carrier now. If your current carrier or streamer doesn't have it, come August 22nd, you can sign up for one that does, in about 5 minutes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2019, 7:39 AM

No. ACCN doesn't launch until August 22nd, and when it does it will be on cable just like ESPN or the SECN.

ACCNE (ACC Network Extra) is a streaming-only channel which has been and will continue to be mostly for Olympic sports. It will continue to show things like wrestling, track and field, etc. even after the ACCN launches. You can also catch a lot of women's sports on ACCNE.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic