Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACCN has bean berry, berry good to me!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

ACCN has bean berry, berry good to me!

Aug 23, 2019, 11:05 AM

Went to my cable provider store (Spectrum) yesterday to make sure I would get ACCN. The rep saw that I had an old “grandfathered” Tier 1 plan with TWC and told me I’d need to be “upgraded” to a Spectrum plan to get ACCN.
Well, I let him know pretty quick I wasn’t planning on paying anymore with their company for this channel so he said, “let me see what I can do for you”.
Long story, short....he put me on Spectrum plan - I had ACCN access instantly - my monthly bill dropped $20!

AND still have all the channels I had before except one (SCIHD).
Small sacrifice I don’t mind making. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dropping U-verse and picking up YouTube tv

Aug 23, 2019, 11:14 AM

and saving $50 per month. Adding other free streaming services (channel and movies) for free.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dropping U-verse and picking up YouTube tv

Aug 23, 2019, 11:44 AM

I don't know if you can get Kodi with the Ruku, but if you can't, add a fire stick also, and download the Kodi app, then add on Yoda and Exodus, and you can watch all the older and new movie that has been out for about a month for free, some maybe a little longer to get a better stream, but any of them for sure after 3 months of hitting the theaters. I've watched the new John Wick, chapter 3, the best of enemies, the mule with Clint Eastwood, pretty good movie, the Highway Men, a really good movie, most of what has came out so far in 2019 that I wanted to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACCN has bean berry, berry good to me!

Aug 23, 2019, 11:34 AM

I think that I am going to have to do the same thing. Did you not have to switch out your old Time Warner Cable cable boxes?

Aug 23, 2019, 11:48 AM

I didn't when I switched from TWC to the Spectrum plan before I cut the cord and went to youtube also....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: ACCN has bean berry, berry good to me! ]

I’m in Myrtle Beach and did not have to change boxes. The guy at the store sent a new signal and when I got back to my house ACCN was already playing on channel 388. No hassle.

charter is by far

Aug 23, 2019, 11:36 AM

one of the best internet and tv services around here. which sucks because they are in every town around me, but not my town lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: charter is by far

Aug 23, 2019, 11:58 AM

When I cut the cord, I kept the internet service that went up to $70.99 a month. And most days, I get 115 Mbps on downloads, and 10 to 11.8 Mbps on upload. And that's better than most are getting!!!

Aug 23, 2019, 11:40 AM

They told me I had the grandfathered plan also, but that I had to upgrade my modem in order to get the channel at the reduced rate. No more money and supposedly the modem is twice as fast as my old one. They are fed xing to me, I have to install and then call in to acitviate … we'll see. Cut my bill $10 per month.

I could have chosen to add the channel to my grandfathered plan but the cost would have been $12 per month more. The catch I see is now in 12 months, the promotional time will wear off and they will jack up your rate if you don't call and raise cane.

Aug 23, 2019, 12:58 PM

Raising cain with Spectrum don't work with them. I was with TWC/Spectrum for 15 full years and never a late payment or service turned off. I call and told them that I was having financial problems bc of hospital bills that had to be paid in case me or the wife got sick again, and I ask for the $139 dollar gold package that they give to a new customer, they refused and told me they could give me a one time $20 dollar credit off my bill.

I ask her if she could see how long I had been with them and my payment record, and she said that she was looking at it. I told her if they couldn't help me by giving me the same option as someone they had never got a dime from, and that most they give that new customer deal to will be moved out of their area before that deal ran out, and that a ton of them would get their service turned off from non payment. Then I ask her if they would rather lose me after 15 years and over $40k that I had already paid them, by refusing to give me the same deal they give people everyday, her exact words, I'm sorry sir, I can give you a one time $20 dollar credit off of your bill, and that's all I can do. I said ok, turn my phone and cable TV off, and that I would keep the internet. After she put everything in her computer, she said, you have a nice day Mr ##### and she was gone.

They left everything on since last Friday, and they turned it off at 1:30am last night. But that was fine bc my wife had already signed us up for the youtube tv service since last Friday, but I still watched the cable tv bc that is what I was use to, and now I have to learn to get around on YouTube TV, and I hate these new how to get to everything challenges, but I will learn and get use to YouTube TV, and Spectrum will never get more than the price of the internet from me ever again, and if something else comes out my way as good or better, I will make that change also. If they can throw away customers like me at the snap of the finger, I can get up and brush myself off, and I can live on without them bc I wasn't asking for anything free, I was just asking for what they were giving to a customer they knew absolutely nothing about that they are at a greater risk of losing them, than they were with me, I had already proven staying power without jumping around for the cheapest thing out there, and I had never in 15 years ask them for anything that I wasn't already paying for. Their loss and YouTube TV gain. But Spectrum has more than prove to me that they don't care about the customer or how much they raise cain, it's pay them or go somewhere else, and they made that perfectly clear to me!!!

My sister-in-law is a customer service rep with Spectrum

Aug 23, 2019, 1:26 PM

She said, since Time Warner became Spectrum, they are not allowed to negotiate with the customer, at all.

But don't fret going with YouTube TV, it is very simple to navigate. I have tried Sling, Hulu, PS Vue and now have YouTube, and it is by far the best interface.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: ACCN has bean berry, berry good to me! ]

That is how I feel about it too. She kept telling me I had a Time Warner package … I said I had a Spectrum package because that was who I was paying each month. She reiterated again I had a TWC package and I said Spectrum bought TWC … she said correct … I said what was the most important thing they acquired … she said she did not know. I finally agreed with her and said "customers are what they bought" but I don't think they've figured that out yet.

I felt better briefly and realize I will have to deal with this again in 12 months. Eventually I will cut the cord.

Aug 23, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: ACCN has bean berry, berry good to me! ]

I had the Old grandfather spectrum gold package and upgraded to new package that requires a new modem also.The new modem speed increases from 100 mbps to 200 mbps but I also talked them 22 dollars on the price and modem was free.

Did they show you how to block Finebaum, Steven A Smith ..

Aug 23, 2019, 12:12 PM

And other annoying sports talk shows by using either the channel changer or even the off button on the remote.

Pretty crazy technology.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did they show you how to block Finebaum, Steven A Smith ..

Aug 23, 2019, 12:26 PM

It’s freakin mind blowing what their doing with technology these days

I had a very similar experience here in Orangeburg, got the

Aug 23, 2019, 12:44 PM

Gold plan for ~$20 a month less than I was paying for my old "legacy" Time Warner Signature Home package. Also got a couple more channels than I had, Like AXS music channel, and MAV car channel, AND most of the movie channels. BUT, remember, that "promotional" price is only going to be good for 12 months, then you will have to haggle again. But, at least good to go for this football season!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go with YouTube and avoid the hassle of haggling!***

Aug 23, 2019, 1:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that's what I call a win win situation***

Aug 23, 2019, 1:11 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic