Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Sweeps the SEC this weekend, who's a believer???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

ACC Sweeps the SEC this weekend, who's a believer???

Aug 31, 2015, 3:10 PM

It's gonna happen, defying the talking heads!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say UNC is probably, UofL not very probable

Aug 31, 2015, 3:35 PM

I think UofL will have problems on offense against Auburn's DL. That game will depend on whether or not their young OL plays well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm one of the few people...

Aug 31, 2015, 6:17 PM

that won't be shocked to see Louisville win.

Petrino wins everywhere he goes.

Auburn was terrible on D last year and they lost their entire backfield.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do the cops take the cuffs off the Auburn/Louisville players

Sep 1, 2015, 7:34 AM

in the locker room or on the sideline just prior to the kickoff?

Re: ACC Sweeps the SEC this weekend, who's a believer???

Aug 31, 2015, 3:42 PM

I think it could happen but I pray it won't U of L fans are the worst fan base period and will run their mouths all year whether we beat them or not. Join the ACC facebook group if you want to see for yourself

i don't care how obnoxious their fans are.

Aug 31, 2015, 5:43 PM

The reality of College Football these days makes it imperative that the ACC wins some big OOC games this year in order for a potential one loss Clemson team to get into the playoff.

We could survive a loss to Louisville on a Thurs or Notre Dame and still get in as long as we 1. Only lose 1 game and win the conference. 2. Have to beat FSU.

VA vs UCLA, and the other 3 games mentioned are very important to the perception of the ACC and of Clemson as well. Unless we win all 13 games and then it won't matter how the ACC plays this year, we should be in.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i don't care how obnoxious their fans are.

Aug 31, 2015, 7:16 PM

Actually, we wouldn't be in easily with a loss to Louisville...GT is the one we could afford. They are in the Coastal, Louisville is in the Atlantic, which means as it has every year. We lose to Louisville, Louisville loses to Fl State, we beat Fl State, Louisville could possibly get the nod to the ACC Championship for the Atlantic (could be a toss up).

Re: i don't care how obnoxious their fans are.

Aug 31, 2015, 7:33 PM [ in reply to i don't care how obnoxious their fans are. ]

So you are officially a conference homer then. I for one am not a homer we win we are in. Face it if we lose once it will not matter if U of L won against Auburn or not. The ACC swept the SEC last year in rivalry games and VT beat OSU our undefeated champ barely made it in. So your new found conference pride means nothing in the real world. We win we are in period.

Aug 31, 2015, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Sweeps the SEC this weekend, who's a believer??? ]

You sure it's not just coots in a thinly veiled disguise?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sep 1, 2015, 7:12 AM

Call me a coot to my face and see how well that works out for you. I have been a diehard Clemson fan for 35 years. Old school Clemson fans will never cheer for the ACC. We hate them more then every other team in college football so screw them. It is easy win and we are in. All this talk about strength of conference is just bs that people that plan on losing a game spew. Just because I don't agree with your opinion don't give you a right to call me a coot.

It's more likely that we get swept.

Aug 31, 2015, 7:44 PM

Sorry but it's reality. We're heavy underdogs in 2 of the 3 games plus UVA is a 19.5 pt 'dog to UCLA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: It's more likely that we get swept.

Aug 31, 2015, 8:06 PM

Well the original post was only referring to ACC/SEC match ups, correct? So there's only 2 games.

I believe Louisville will hang with Auburn, and would absolutely love to see them win. It would just make a win against Louisville look that much better. I'm worried about UNC, though. That's obviously the more winnable game, but I can still see South Carolina coming out with a better game plan and winning.

If I had to pick

Aug 31, 2015, 8:11 PM

I'd take UNC over Loovul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Wait, I thought we weren't supposed to cheer for our

Sep 1, 2015, 8:17 AM

conference?

i'd like a 3-3 tie tween dirt pekkers and imperial cheaters

Sep 1, 2015, 10:36 AM

cant have either defense crowing about a shutout and i loathe them equally.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Sep 1, 2015, 10:38 AM

I hope they go at least 3-1. Otherwise, it's more articles like this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/84797/acc-cannot-afford-to-go-winless-in-big-week-1-nonconference-games

Sep 1, 2015, 10:53 AM

For any other conference going 1-3 wouldn't be a big deal, especially the SEC.

The only even matchup is Scar vs. UNC.

The other 3 are middle of the pack ACC teams against the top teams of the B1G, PAC 12, and SEC.

In reality if the ACC goes 1-3 with the only win over Scar, it really wouldn't tell us anything about the strength of the conference but I'm sure ESPN will say it speaks volumes.

As long as we beat Wofford--

Sep 1, 2015, 11:07 AM

I dont care!

And The Cheaters and Richland County Detention Center score more than 63 1/2 points

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic