Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Ref Karl Hess back in the news....(c/p)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

ACC Ref Karl Hess back in the news....(c/p)

Jan 5, 2015, 7:33 PM

ETHAN HYMAN — ehyman@newsobserver.com Buy Photo

It wouldn't be basketball season if ACC referee Karl Hess wasn't embroiled in controversy.

Mit Shah, an Atlanta hotel magnate and former vice chairman of the Wake Forest board of trustees, posted on Twitter early Monday morning that Hess told him near the end of Wake Forest's loss to Louisville on Sunday, “When I'm older, I want to sit in your seat and watch your Egyptian ### ref a game.”

Shah, who was born in New Jersey and grew up in Winston-Salem before attending Wake Forest, is of Indian descent. Reached at his Atlanta office Monday, he declined to comment beyond confirming the substance of his tweet.

An ACC spokesman said Monday the conference office is aware of Shah's allegation. Hess was scheduled to work a game in Boston between Northeastern and UNC-Wilmington on Monday night.

Hess has long been one of the ACC's most distinguished officials – a veteran of six Final Fours and nine ACC title games – but in recent years has often made news for reasons other than his officiating.

In 2012, he ejected N.C. State legends Chris Corchiani and Tom Gugliotta from their seats behind the scorer's table during an N.C. State-Florida State game, an act that would earn him a rare public reprimand from the ACC.

When he didn't work the ACC Tournament that year in Atlanta, the officials for the first tournament game came out with his initials written on pieces of tape attached to their shoes – a demonstration that was quickly put down by ACC officials.

Hess didn't work another N.C. State game until last month, when he was assigned to the Wolfpack's game against Wofford at Reynolds Coliseum on Dec. 14. Only four minutes into that game, Hess assessed N.C. State coach Mark Gottfried a technical foul. Gottfried was caught on camera criticizing Hess in the aftermath of the Corchiani-Gugliotta debacle

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01/05/4452289_decock-accs-most-controversial.html?sp=/99/103/&rh=1#storylink=cpy

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Ref Karl Hess back in the news....(c/p)

Jan 5, 2015, 7:45 PM

As big a pos as has ever called an ACC game,and that is covering a ton of ########.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol...don't it though!***

Jan 5, 2015, 7:57 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2015, 7:59 PM

I know Shaw and he is just as big of a ### as Hess...same mold...different countries.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Hess not an American?

Jan 5, 2015, 8:44 PM

I'm pretty sure they are both from the same country. I mean, the article says this guy Mit Shah was born in New Jersey and went to school in North Carolina..

Hess ain't too bright it appears, kinda like

Jan 5, 2015, 8:50 PM

the tons of people around here that have no idea how to distinguish those of Latin descent. They are all deemed "Mexican". :)

If Carl Hess Ref's another Clemson game it will be to soon

Jan 5, 2015, 8:04 PM

I agree he and the rest of those P.O.S. pigs that worship at the feet of Puke and the Tar Holes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Carl Hess Ref's another Clemson game it will be to soon

Jan 5, 2015, 8:22 PM

I agree with the favoritism. I know there were two calls Saturday that were clearly Made for the holes. The loose ball where I believe Paige dove and cut the legs of the Clemson near mid court and Clemson called. Also, the basket interference where the ball was never touched. Called by the official at mid court behind the play who could not tell if it was touched or not.he should have been overruled. I know neither has anything to do with the loss but still to UNC's favor.

He was giving him the business?***

Jan 5, 2015, 8:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

the bidness....***

Jan 5, 2015, 11:32 PM

Jan 5, 2015, 8:59 PM

Hess has long been one of the ACC's most distinguished officials......
BWWWWWWHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....... That was one of the funniest things
I've seen in a long time.

Jan 5, 2015, 10:14 PM

He continues to officiate games due to the incompetence and lack of integrity of the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

I have a technical question

Jan 5, 2015, 11:00 PM

Let's say for the first time ever the ACC does the right thing and does suspend him from calling ACC games for a specified period in time. Do UNC and Duke have any recourse to recover the payoffs they obviously give Hess since they would not be able to benefit?

TIA

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic