Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Network in upstate on Spectrum TV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,571

ACC Network in upstate on Spectrum TV

Jul 25, 2019, 3:40 PM

I call Spectrum about carrying the ACC network. They need more request to carry it on their TV plans.
Please call Spectrum and request them to carry the network. 833.694.9259
Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Network in upstate on Spectrum TV-Done

Jul 25, 2019, 4:00 PM

I just called and the customer service rep had no idea about the ACC Network. She said I was the first person that she had spoken to that has requested the channel. I told her that after 20 years of being a Spectrum/charter customer I'd definitely leave if they did not offer the channel. She did say that always try to offer every sports channel and that more then likely the negotiations will go to the final hour.

I called Spectrum about two months ago ...

Jul 25, 2019, 4:03 PM

and canceled my Spectrum TV subscription and went with Hulu Live.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I called Spectrum about two months ago ...

Jul 25, 2019, 4:07 PM

I hope they carry the ACC network. I would hate to leave their high speed internet service but I will if they don't carry the ACC network.

Oh, I still have their high-speed internet. That is how I

Jul 25, 2019, 4:23 PM

stream Hulu Live through my Roku Stick+.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I called Spectrum about two months ago ...

Jul 25, 2019, 4:33 PM [ in reply to I called Spectrum about two months ago ... ]

I'm thinking about doing the same. Are you happy with it?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So far, yes. I am definitely not lacking in shows to watch.

Jul 25, 2019, 5:20 PM

The only issue is that the local ABC affiliate (WLOS-Asheville) is not available in my area (Greer, SC). However, I can watch ABC network programs the day after on-demand. It has yet to be determined if the football games on ABC will be live. But, I get all of the ESPN and Disney family of networks, so I can only assume I can watch the live ABC games via the WatchESPN app through my Roku Stick. Time will tell if my assumption is accurate.

My plan include 50 hours of cloud DVR and streaming for two TV sets. Most 'on-demand' programs are ad-support (a minor inconvenience, but it tells you how long the ads last). You get the Hulu Originals as well. I can also watch on my iPad and computer. While I was visiting family in Alabama this past weekend, I was able to watch their local ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX stations plus TV on my iPad in my room. Plus, it isn't one of the 'sketchy' services being promoted elsewhere on this site.

$47 vs. $130+ for Spectrum TV service is worth whatever minor inconvenience there is with Hulu Live.

You can check stations available and packages here - https://www.hulu.com/live-tv

Message was edited by: CUTiger1989®

Re: So far, yes. I am definitely not lacking in shows to watch.

Jul 25, 2019, 7:30 PM

PlayStation Vue has both ABC and the ACCN. I am giving YouTube TV a few more days, then I'll be switching to PS Vue.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,571
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic