Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

ACC Network

Aug 7, 2019, 5:14 PM

I'm delighted it will be on youtube.tv channel lineup - that's excellent. I wonder:

* If there will also be an app for mobile devices and smart TVs.

* If so, I wonder if the app will work on Samsung smart TVs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Network

Aug 7, 2019, 5:19 PM

Germans... Nah jk....

Are you talking about a ACC Network app or a YouTube TV app?

Aug 7, 2019, 5:26 PM

I don't think the Germans have landed on this one.... yet. I'm asking if there will be an ACCN app for devices.

I will be able to watch ACCN just fine on my Samsung smart TV via ROKU feed of youtube.tv. I guess the answer is that I will have ACCN access on other devices via the youtube.tv app.

Aug 8, 2019, 12:18 PM

"I don't think the Germans have landed on this one.... yet. " - uh, the Germans came by SEA when they attacked Pearl Harbor, not by land. Didn't you learn anything in History Class?

Aug 7, 2019, 5:21 PM

I called att u verse and after many connections they said they would be carrying the channel.

Re: ACC Network- I wonder about all the providers

Aug 7, 2019, 5:24 PM

will they carry this in HD? Because my cable provider shows SEC as standard definition. I'm not watching Clemson on a blurry SD channel and I've told them that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 5:28 PM

I think the highest resolution you will get is 720p.

Aug 7, 2019, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network- I wonder about all the providers ]

If you’re on spectrum, there’s a link floating around where you can easily ask them to carry it. I’m in Lexington and the sec network i get two sec channels. One hd and one sd.

Please pester them as much as possible... I have. Hopefully everyone else will too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 6:27 PM

@kerigantoo I'm in West Columbia and doing the same!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network- I wonder about all the providers ]

kerigantoo®

Spectrum told us yesterday (Aug 6) that they will be carrying the ACC network. Please call and confirm, somebody needs to.

Aug 8, 2019, 10:59 AM

My wife called them this morning and told her they were planning to carry and would be in effect before GT game... so apparently a few have inquired. But she forgot to ask if it was HD. So I’m going to call this afternoon and ask them if HD and also what is their plan on money etc... my bill is astronomical as it is but well worth it to see our Tigers every week.!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 5:26 PM

I also would like to know if this apt will work on a "Samsung smart TV" ... anyone ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can use the ESPN app***

Aug 7, 2019, 5:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 7, 2019, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network ]

I don't know, thus the question - but I doubt it will be a stand-alone app because ACCN gets paid by you through providers like youtube.tv, hulu and/or vue. If you don't have one of those providers, you will need to subscribe and also buy a ROKU box or similar device.

Aug 7, 2019, 5:51 PM

YouTubeTV works on android and iPhones and all smart TVs except those few that use the Fire application built on or on fire sticks . Google doesn’t want Amazon to benefit from their app and vice versa

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 11:39 AM

Actually Amazon and Google have finally come to an agreement. But you are correct that YouTube apps are not yet available on Fire products. It will be in available "in coming months" but not in time for the GT game.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/9/20686773/youtube-fire-tv-prime-video-chromecast-amazon-google-launch-today-available

Aug 8, 2019, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network ]

These are all that are listed on www.getaccn.com

DirectTV (they told me it is an additional $13.99 for this new channel)
Fios
Hulu
Optimum
PS Vue
YouTube TV

Not seeing Charter yet.

I dropped Directv, bought 2 Roku Premiere + devices, and will use Youtube TV.

Aug 7, 2019, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Network ]

The YouTube TV app does work on Samsung smart TVs,

The only device I am aware of where it will not work is a fire stick or fire box

Aug 7, 2019, 5:31 PM

If you have YoutubeTV then using the YoutubeTV App should work perfectly if/when we play on the ACCN.

I am assuming the ACCN will stream via the WatchESPN app, just like games on the SEC Network do, and games on the "ACC Network Extra" have been for some time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 9:06 PM

Only if your provider has the ACCN

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic