Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC 6-5 bowl season. sec 6-6
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 967

ACC 6-5 bowl season. sec 6-6

Jan 8, 2019, 1:01 PM

Say what you want silly SEC homer folks; the ACC out performed you during bowl season "again"! The narrative needs to change in a big way; away from "SEC is the only conference who know how to block/tackle/execute football plays"!

The conference was down; i'll give you that; but we are a long way from being Pac 12 dismal. The Big 10 had some favorable bowl matchups and was 5-4.

The BC vs. Boise State game being cancelled hurt us b/c BC was looking like the better team when the game was called. Easily could have been 7-5 and the undisputed best conference during bowl season!

Go Tigers! The rest of the ACC can suck an egg any other time I am not getting at these dumb SEC folks about their conference loyalty non-sense!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC 6-5 bowl season. sec 6-6

Jan 8, 2019, 6:25 PM

What conference won it? We are tied with the SEC with six wins but have fewer losses.

Jan 8, 2019, 6:38 PM

The SEC bowl record certainly shows they aren’t untouchable, but to be honest, this comparison isn’t really fair IMO.

The ACC played Memphis, Minnesota, Temple, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, WV without their starting QB, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Stanford, ND, and Bama. The ACC went 2-4 against P5 teams outside of Clemson and one of those wins was against WV without their QB. The WV and A&M games were the only non Clemson ACC Bowl games against top 25 teams. The ACC also had 3 losses of at least 24 points.

I’ll save myself the time of typing out the SEC opponents, but all of their games except the one against UCF were against P5 schools, and 4 of their games not including Alabama were against top 25 teams. Up until last night the only SEC team to lose by more than 7 was South Carolina.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 6:38 PM

The SEC bowl record certainly shows they aren’t untouchable, but to be honest, this comparison isn’t really fair IMO.

The ACC played Memphis, Minnesota, Temple, Wisconsin, Cincinnati, WV without their starting QB, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Stanford, ND, and Bama. The ACC went 2-4 against P5 teams outside of Clemson and one of those wins was against WV without their QB. The WV and A&M games were the only non Clemson ACC Bowl games against top 25 teams. The ACC also had 3 losses of at least 24 points.

I’ll save myself the time of typing out the SEC opponents, but all of their games except the one against UCF were against P5 schools, and 4 of their games not including Alabama were against top 25 teams. Up until last night the only SEC team to lose by more than 7 was South Carolina.

Jan 8, 2019, 6:49 PM

I hear ya clemson2003 and you are correct! But, in past years the conversation has always been based on record alone regardless! I mean, "win the games on your schedule"! Look at the bowl tie ins against Big 10 schools. Big 10 schools who have a clear decisive speed disadvantage. And would against a Fla. St. Certainly Clemson too! Nothing about the fact those schools have SEC on their conference patch makes them better just cause of it. Every conference has it's bad days; my point was; folks can't try and put us down there with the likes of the lowly Pac 12 or sorry the Big 12 either besides Oklahoma and sometimes Texas! Outside of 0 31 0 st. who in the Big 10 are you like; man they are going to be tough to beat? Nobody, "if you're Clemson"! The same narrative should be said about those conferences if they only have 1 dominate team! Give Syracuse credit for double digit wins! Realize Kendal Briles is at Florida St. and has a ton more weapons to work with than he ever had at Baylor.

Football conference - no but not so far back "based on bowl records" to have it ranked #4 or #5. No way!

Jan 8, 2019, 6:58 PM

I agree with everything you’re saying. I think the SEC ends up being the best conference overall more years than not. However, I do get annoyed by the thought process (usually coots) that every SEC team is Alabama.

SEC BEST CONFERENCE this year, easily***

Jan 8, 2019, 7:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic