Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A very good job yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

A very good job yesterday

Sep 2, 2018, 12:53 PM

By Mr Swinney and his staff of preparing this team to begin the season in the right way. He took the opportunity to see a lot of the young guys playing with live bullets for the first time and yet didn’t show a lot that might help coach Fisher as he prepares to play Clemson. Although the Tigers played at a good tempo all afternoon, seldom did they have the same group of players on the field at the same time. Not a lot to see by watching the film. It wasn’t a vanilla offense but there isn’t much you can learn by studying the offensive game plan.. . ETN and Feaster played sparingly running basic plays and the receiving was spread out among a lot of new faces. I believe Ross only had one throw to him (a TD). The new kid was the leading rusher! It’s hard to hide the talent on the defensive side but a lot of youngsters there also. Next Saturday will be a different kind of game but,hopefully with the same results! I have a feeling that the DC at Aggie land is scratching his head wondering what he will do to slow down the Tigers. We all know that either of the backs are capable of big yardage in any game and a number of the receivers are big play guys but none really showed it yesterday . I’m looking forward to next Saturday night. The real Tigers will be in action

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A very good job yesterday

Sep 2, 2018, 1:25 PM

Definitely a fair assessment and we need to keep in mind that Furman runs ga tech offense and that helped limit the number of series our O had through 3 qtrs. Basically 4th qtr was getting 3 and 4 th string in game together.

I don’t recall any passing to our backs. Lots of film to look at and learn. Maybe overlooked but I haven’t seen a snap count breakdown like David put out last year. I saw how many each side got but not snaps. Also haven’t seen the snaps of how many our first team oline took together. Did Carman play?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A very good job yesterday

Sep 2, 2018, 1:28 PM

I didn't like that they showed the option run / pull back and pass to Renfrew in the first drive. We have had that play in our wheel house for years, but when we use it, it normally works for a home run. Amir Trapp had a look behind the curtain in his previous years at Clemson and sniffed it out to tackle Renfrew for a loss. I know that play is a QB option to hand off, keep it and run or to pull it back and throw it to Renfrew, but we shouldn't need to call that play vs Furman in week one. That being said, we will be fine next week. If we don't beat ourselves.... we will win and should win double digits. Fischer will have to use everything he has got in the playbook to have a chance to hang with us. I love it when our opposition uses trick plays.... means they don't think they can hang with us man to man.

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IDK. If that helps freeze a safety for a QB run it might

Sep 2, 2018, 3:04 PM

not be the worst thing. KB looked like he was past the LOS on that play - tossing just a bit backwards to Hunter. Was a bit disappointed in many of KB's short throws overall yesterday, though. Hopefully just some first game jitters considering the talk from the players and staff during this offseason.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic