Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A thought from another old tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

A thought from another old tiger

Nov 25, 2012, 11:09 AM

Four in a row is hard to live with,but we can survive! We can even forget about it with the passage of time. The last time it occurred was two years before I enrolled for my freshman year at Clemson, so I had to look up the record when someone asked me, a month or so ago, how long it had been.

Think on this for a moment: If the chickens could somehow manage to win two out of three from now on, it would take 63 years for them to get their number of wins up to equal ours! Since I'm in my 70's, I'll never see it happen, and probably none of you "youngsters" will see it either, because it ain't gonna happen!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will win the next 4***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:10 AM

Re: They will win the next 4***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:15 AM

They meaning our Tigers!!Right

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahh, a little perspective always helps...Great post!**

Nov 25, 2012, 11:11 AM

--

how long is Dabo's contract?***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2017.******

Nov 25, 2012, 11:18 AM

Re: how long is Dabo's contract?***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:20 AM [ in reply to how long is Dabo's contract?*** ]

Ah, here we go with the Dabo crap!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A thought from another old tiger

Nov 25, 2012, 11:24 AM

And Army has a case with four Heisman trophys in it. I doubt they see anymore in your lifetime either. For some reason, this post doesn't make me feel any better. Let's move forward - not live in the past.

I am 45 yrs old and until 2 yrs ago.....

Nov 25, 2012, 11:32 AM

I had not known what it was like to lose to these chickens 2 years in a row since i was so young i don't remember it. With that being said, i believe we are heading in a good direction and next year you will see a better defense and a more explosive offense. You really have to look no further than 3rd down last night to figure out why we lost. The chickens converted and we didn't. I am really hurting this morning but i will always be a TIGER and nothing will ever compare to be a Tiger.....

So what

Nov 25, 2012, 11:39 AM

That's about as relevant as the national prominance of past teams such as the University of Chicago, Syracuse and West Point.

Neverever! Go Tigers!***

Nov 25, 2012, 11:51 AM

Respect your Post Sir ... Here is a 12 yr old Perspective

Nov 25, 2012, 12:07 PM

My son is almost 13 and at this age is not a Clemson fan despite attending many games from Savannah. He started out a fan and still pulls for us but has seen us lose most big games live and most meaningful games on TV.

He sees his Dad's love of Clemson as particularly humorous when we compete against quality teams we cannot beat such as South Carolina. I have tried to show him how to be agood loser. He remembers Clemson being heavily favored in Chick-Fil-A Classic against Alabama, our loss in rain against TCU and Andy Dalton, and the regular shellackings vs. SC. He is reminded constantly by ESPN, SI and all media that Clemson and the ACC is a joke. When he visits the local Savannah Mall, he is inundated by UGA, SC and Alabama gear. Very little Clemson or GaT gear.

Yes, he is young and impressionable. Yes, his impression of Clemson is one of softness, fear and haplessness against quality teams. He is a good athlete who understands academics count more than sports.

A generation of kids are growing up in SC, NC and GA who consider Clemson an average team with unrealistic expectations and a sure bet to lose the big games. This is reinforced on TV and with their classroom friends. Tradition means little at 12 years old. And 12 years old is the future. Just another perspective to consider for Clemson's future. What happened in the 70's, 80's, 90's and up to 2010 means little to the kids going to college in 5 years.

I like Clemson's progress in the classroom, but I believe Clemson's football reputation is having a detrimental impact to the university in dissuading future potential students who like to be associated with winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic