Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Caldwell excited about new challenges in Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Jul 20, 2011, 11:43 PM

Offensive line coach Robbie Caldwell says his philosophy is fairly simple - the best five will start. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Caldwell excited about new challenges in Clemson

Jul 21, 2011, 7:31 AM

I haven't watched the interview video clips, but what do you guys think Coach Caldwell meant when he said no one ever said 'thank you' over at Vandy... that they were all a bunch of stuck up ######? Because that's what I think he meant.

I like Coach Caldwell a lot and I think he fits in well at Clemson. It's interesting to hear how he praises this group - maybe he can get a little more out of them. All in all, I like the combination of Caldwell and Morris very much.

Go Tigers!

I thought he was referring to SEC Media Days

Jul 21, 2011, 8:26 AM

Which is shocking to me considering every team in the conference is from the South. The majority of the people in the South say "thank you."

I think he was refering to fellow head coaches.***

Jul 21, 2011, 8:27 AM

After going through the coaches in the S-E-C

Jul 21, 2011, 10:00 AM

Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles, and Bobby Petrino aren't from the South. The best foobtall in the country is in the south, but the higher profile coaches aren't. weird. Those are some unfriendly dudes.

I think he was talking about the rest of the head coaches

Jul 21, 2011, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Caldwell excited about new challenges in Clemson ]

in the SEC and/or prior to his taking the reins for one year at Vandy. It came after he was asked about the SEC media days, and if he missed it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A particularly telling statement in the middle of the interview

Jul 21, 2011, 9:15 AM

@ the 5:00 minute mark of the second video segment Caldewll say this:

"I know one thing ... if Ellington had stayed healthy last year, I'm probably not sitting here." --- Robbie Caldwell

The implication, of course, is that there was a fine line between success and failure last year. That line was crossed when Andre Ellington was injured.

Injuries happen to all teams, but some injuries are just more key that others. Some you can overcome through depth at the position and others just prove to be pretty much insurmountable.

Did the Ellington injury alone cost Napier his job and finally force Brad Scott into administration? That may be a stretch, but maybe not a big one.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A particularly telling statement in the middle of the interview

Jul 21, 2011, 9:34 AM

Just asked Coots about that fine line with Lattimore.

A healthy AE, a solid OL & new WR's ....

Jul 21, 2011, 9:45 AM [ in reply to A particularly telling statement in the middle of the interview ]

living up to 50% of the recruiting hype .... might be enough to provide some entertainment this fall.

To have great offensive year Tajh & our FG kicker will also have to be very good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was a combination of AE going down and the

Jul 21, 2011, 10:01 AM [ in reply to A particularly telling statement in the middle of the interview ]

cheap shot KP took from Auburn. Without that injury, things may have been a lot different. But who's to say that we'd be better off? I think those woes from last season somehow put us in a better position this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think it was a combination of AE going down and the

Jul 21, 2011, 11:52 AM

Unfortunate about last year but I agree about this year. Positive changes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2011, 10:04 AM [ in reply to A particularly telling statement in the middle of the interview ]

Did Randy Shannon lose his job by Jacory Harris getting injured? Did Tommy Bowden lose his job by Spiller getting injured and missing games and going 3-3?

Unfortunately injuries are a big part of it. Especially qb's and running backs. Ultimately your athletic director
makes that decision, regardless of these situations.

Jul 21, 2011, 11:34 AM [ in reply to A particularly telling statement in the middle of the interview ]

Also noted his comments about what a great foundation Brad Scott had left him. Know some of you will never give Brad any credit, but he was in a lot of ways hampered by the system in place. For years, Clemson was known in the HS ranks as not a place to go if you wanted to play in the NFL due to offense we ran......

AE going down exposed Napier's mediocrity as an OC.

Jul 21, 2011, 11:58 AM [ in reply to A particularly telling statement in the middle of the interview ]

An solid OC would have won that FSU game.

Napier doesn't deserve all of the blame last year, Kyle Parker, and a bad WR corps share the blame... but I am happy we upgraded at OC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Napier exposed from the start of last season not knowing AE

Jul 21, 2011, 8:48 PM

was better than Harper. Miami fans sitting beside me could not belive that we took AE out of the game over and over. Play calling was horrible, such as throwing the ball deep in your own territory with a minute to go in the first half against Miami. They intercept for a TD and the game is over before half.
Same crap the rest of the season.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Napier exposed from the start of last season not knowing AE

Jul 22, 2011, 9:28 AM

That's a pretty good point. Not giving AE more carries earlier in the year probably cost us offensively as well.

Of course, maybe he gets injured earlier if he is being worked a lot harder.

Who knows?

This year will give us a better picture of his durability and his capability of being an "every down" type of back.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson ranked #74 & #88 in total offense in 2009 & 2010.

Jul 21, 2011, 1:49 PM [ in reply to A particularly telling statement in the middle of the interview ]

Clemson's offensive line performance has been substandard for a long time. Brad Scott's performance has been in substandard for a long time. Dabo should have moved Brad out before his 1st full season as HC. To me that was just one of Dabo's many rookie mistakes.

I rhink the OL coaching change would have happened regardless of Ellington's injury. I think Caldwell was just being gracious and trying to help Brad and Dabo save face.

of course you do and that's your right, but to say the oline

Jul 21, 2011, 5:50 PM

has not been a strength in the last 2 years is short sighted. you want to place blame, spence and napier will be happy to shoulder it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson ranked #74 & #88 in total offense in 2009 & 2010.

Jul 21, 2011, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Clemson ranked #74 & #88 in total offense in 2009 & 2010. ]

He needed to keep some continuity. Brad Scott has too many contacts in the high school ranks just to cut him. Plus he is a solid coach. But we have upgraded imho

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic