Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quick thought on the student tickets from a recent grad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Quick thought on the student tickets from a recent grad

Apr 12, 2016, 4:20 PM

I don't think charging students for premium tickets is a good idea.
I just graduated last May and at this point would consider myself a huge fan (went to acc championship, orange bowl, and national championship)

If they charged $225 for premium tickets when I was a freshman in 2010 I don't think I'd be nearly the fan I am today.
I gave zero ##### about football in high school and in no way picked clemson because of their athletics.
Sitting on the hill during the string of wins in 2011: Auburn, FSU, traveling to VT, traveling to GT for a heartbreaking loss, and every game in between... That's why I'm the crazy fan I am today. I've sat in the upper deck 2 times in my clemson career, and it doesn't even come close to the atmosphere of the hill. What's sad is I'd have never known if there was a $225 fee; I would have sat in the upper deck for a few games a year and been over it.

This fee isn't taking anything away from people who already love clemson football, it's taking away an opportunity for new fans to join the clemson family. Being stuffed in the upper corner should be for the away team, not for the new students who haven't fallen in love with clemson football yet.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quick thought on the student tickets from a recent grad

Apr 14, 2016, 8:54 AM

Another anecdote... my parents funded a lot of things for me while I was in school, but I'm not sure this would've been one of them. Not everyone's parents grew up huge clemson fans, or college football fans for that matter.

Did you work?

Apr 14, 2016, 10:31 AM

Working solves ever economic problem you'll ever have other than spending. Balance the two and life is good. Students need to GTFU and get a job if they need money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you work?

Apr 14, 2016, 10:34 AM

Again missing the point...
I work now and I use some of that money to go to any game I can.
I wouldn't if it weren't for those free tickets as a student. I wouldn't even like football without them.

WELL, I NEVER!

Apr 14, 2016, 10:40 AM

Shame on you for not knowing a child crawls before he walks. Shame on you for saying you wouldn't be a Clemson Fan if not for the University giving you tickets to the lower deck.

I went to one football game during my three years at Clemson. When I scheduled classes M,W,F I worked Tu,Th,Sa and Sunday to pay for school. Vica-versa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If $225 prices you out of being a CU fan, then we don't need

Apr 14, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you work? ]

you...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a lot of people are miss this aspect

Apr 14, 2016, 9:30 AM

We have one of the most passionate and dedicated fan bases in the country because our traditional student ticket system produces loyal fans like this. It has worked so well up to this point to get us where we are, why would anyone want to change that now?

Apr 14, 2016, 9:48 AM

If sitting in the upper deck makes you not as big of a fan...I'm sorry we don't need your "support".

Crump <3 $EC

Apr 14, 2016, 10:14 AM

Yeah you completely misread that... If I had to sit in the upper deck now I'd do it in a heartbeat, but if that's where I was forced to sit coming in as freshman I wouldn't have become the fan I am today. There's no denying the atmosphere up in the nose bleeds isn't nearly as fun.

A lot of fans start out in the upper deck.

Apr 14, 2016, 10:35 AM

Lots of IPTAY members sat in the upper deck on their first visit. Your point was what?

I sat in the upper deck until I enrolled. Then I had to work on weekends to pay for school.

Re: A lot of fans start out in the upper deck.

Apr 14, 2016, 10:39 AM

My point was not everyone is born a diehard clemson football fan. Myself, and I'd guess many like me, were 'enlightened' by the fun had on the hill during a big game.

Coming out of high school I would've never paid extra money to sit in the lower deck because I didnt give a ####. I'm glad I give a #### now, but I do because of those experiences on the hill..

I wasn't born a Clemson fan.

Apr 14, 2016, 10:45 AM

I was born in the shadow of Neyland Stadium. I'm a Clemson Fan by the grace of The Almighty God. Many are called but few are chosen.

If God doesn't choose a man to be a Clemson Man then to helll with them, right? ;)

Apr 14, 2016, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Quick thought on the student tickets from a recent grad ]

As a freshman in college, what on earth would have made you feel that you were too good for free upper deck tickets to football games. I'm just curious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, showering once a week it hard work.***

Apr 14, 2016, 10:50 AM

Apr 14, 2016, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Quick thought on the student tickets from a recent grad ]

Totaltee: I didn't care for football coming into college. Nothing to do with being 'too good for the upper level' just that it's not nearly as fun up there and if I had to sit there every game I wouldn't have never gotten into football.

Apr 14, 2016, 10:57 AM

The bottom line is we're diluting our ability to convert students who come to clemson for reasons other than their football team into the nutcase fans that everyone here is.

So it takes a FREE PREMIUM ticket to make a fan ?

Apr 14, 2016, 10:36 AM

While I believe they should cut the price to about $25 a game, asking those that want guaranteed seats at every game to pay in not an absurd thing to do. FREE tickets will still be available through the normal system, just not FREE PREMIUM seats.

Re: So it takes a FREE PREMIUM ticket to make a fan ?

Apr 14, 2016, 10:40 AM

In my case YES.

Re: So it takes a FREE PREMIUM ticket to make a fan ?

Apr 14, 2016, 10:45 AM

Also these seats weren't PREMIUM until 3 days ago.
They used to be a selling point of clemson. My tour guide in 2009 literally used our ticketing system as a sales pitch for how well clemson treats their students.

Economically,

Apr 14, 2016, 10:49 AM [ in reply to So it takes a FREE PREMIUM ticket to make a fan ? ]

I've always believed they should raise prices of ticket to the point of have three or four thousand empty seats.

If it's full then the prices for a particular game is too low. If there's 10K seats empty then the price for that game is too high.

Personally, I think they are refining the process and just about have it figured out. I will add, this has little to do with student ticket prices. They should adjust the price of student tickets and balance it with the basic economics previously laid out in this post.

Suck it, students.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic