Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A little sample of Sunday's sermon....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

A little sample of Sunday's sermon....

Sep 24, 2015, 11:06 AM

"I'm Dan Devine, and I want you peckerheads down in Hicksville Clemson to be quiet while my mighty Irish roll you up like a cheap rug."

Some debts are NEVER repaid....

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My sentiments exactly Rev.......***

Sep 24, 2015, 11:07 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This pic gave me chills....I was sitting on the Hill about

Sep 24, 2015, 11:16 AM

halfway up by the carpet area to the right if you are looking at it. My first Clemson game. I was with my ND fan father. We are in the pic somewhere....in the pic is ND All-American TE Ken McAfee and our DE, 195 lb. Mark Heniford. We went on the field after the game and my Pop talked to McAfee who told my Pop, "that was the hardest hitting team I have ever played against, #98 was drilling me all day long". True story and it is surreal that you would post a pic that had where we were sitting and both players from my memory in it. Is there any way you could email or mail this pic to me? Thank you brother. T-mail me if you do not mind.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet. Thanks for the memories! Here's the URL...

Sep 24, 2015, 11:18 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you brother!***

Sep 24, 2015, 11:35 AM

Re: Sweet. Thanks for the memories! Here's the URL...

Sep 24, 2015, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Sweet. Thanks for the memories! Here's the URL... ]

That game was pure heartbreak. Montana to Casper over and over.
I thought we had them until their last drive. Montana to Casper.
We got them the next year with Billy Lott and a great defence.
WE can never repay them enough.

You are correct but Casper was a bit earlier. It was

Sep 24, 2015, 12:45 PM

Montana to Ken McAfee at TE and Kris Haines the wideout. I was sick to my stomach when Callicutt fumbled late.....we turned over that game away.

...was 2 years later in 79

Sep 25, 2015, 1:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Sweet. Thanks for the memories! Here's the URL... ]

...Billy Lott did the deed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This pic gave me chills....I was sitting on the Hill about

Sep 24, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to This pic gave me chills....I was sitting on the Hill about ]

Our paths probably crossed. I was on the hill relatively high up towards the Clemson side.

my Pop was the one with the #### ND fishing hat on

Sep 24, 2015, 1:09 PM

And the green ND golf sweater that was sharing in some Tiger fans' JD bottle next to us. LOL.

Re: RIP Oak Tree***

Sep 24, 2015, 11:17 AM

Re: RIP Oak Tree***

Sep 24, 2015, 1:02 PM

My sister and I sat on the hill as kids and used to meet my dad at halftime. He'd buy us a coke and a snicker. That old tree was our meeting place. If not there, the flag pole. I remember taking the wax paper cups and balling a couple of them together to make a football. The kids would play football sideways across the hill.

Re: A little sample of Sunday's sermon....

Sep 24, 2015, 11:53 AM

did Devine actually say that????

Pretty dang close!***

Sep 24, 2015, 2:00 PM

That's what led to the infamous "Silent Treatment." We didn't just pull it out of a hat. Devine warned Clemson fans that he wasn't going to put up with our antics.

A bunch of folks immediately made plans to head over to their Holiday Inn on Friday night and create a rucus, but calmer heads prevailed. Instead, the idea of staying totally silent, save for a drum beat marking down the seconds, was quickly shared by students and fans. By Saturday lunchtime, the word had gotten to everyone and ... but I'm telling too much.

Let's just say it was an epic show of support and cooperation that made Clemson fan support legendary. We lost the game but set the benchmark for noise.

Message was edited by: RevDodd®

I was there with my friend and his family

Sep 24, 2015, 12:10 PM

I was pretty young though so I don't remember a lot. I'm just glad I was always the friend he called to attend the games with him. I do remember the national championship season's home games better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2015, 12:19 PM

I was sitting on a tree limb on the hill at this game... I think it's the oak tree they are getting ready to cut down...

Sep 24, 2015, 12:33 PM

I am thankful and blessed that Jesus Christ paid my debt? What about you Rev?

Of course! But Notre Dame needs a dose of perdition ...***

Sep 24, 2015, 2:01 PM

That picture gave me chills. The memories from that day

Sep 24, 2015, 1:00 PM

came flooding back...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had forgotten how chilly it was that morning...

Sep 24, 2015, 2:03 PM

...of course after a couple of early party stops on the way to the Valley, it didn't feel cold at all.

please tell me DD died miserable, painful, lonely death...

Sep 24, 2015, 1:18 PM

oh... did I write that out loud?

I think he mellowed in his old age...

Sep 24, 2015, 7:16 PM

...folks actually said nice things about him toward the end. IIRC, his last year at Mizzou, he arrange Clemson's series with the Tigers. That was perhaps his apology to us, since we flattened Mizzou.

If we mop the Valley floor with them this time, I'll consider the debt paid.

Like how Miami & LSU owe you for all the motivation to win

Sep 24, 2015, 1:53 PM

more football championships?

Heck, Georgia & Ole Miss owe you now as well.

there used to be a building behind the shoeboxes? I had no

Sep 24, 2015, 2:10 PM

idea!

:)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

At that game with Family & Dad almost went down on field when Dan Devine pointed middle finger..

Sep 24, 2015, 3:35 PM

And We had to restrain him..and funny part he was a big UNC Fan all his life (student 1 year b/4 WW2) but still took offense!

LOL & GoTiGERS..beat the Irish!..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at the game, & my most vivid memory was ### Devine

Sep 24, 2015, 7:42 PM

standing out on the playing field the entire game, whining and complaining to the officials, and not once getting a penalty. I don't know who was providing the officials that day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2015, 6:32 AM

And this Tiger said, "Amen!"

Three things.Look closely and you can see Young Ole Spud

Sep 25, 2015, 7:51 AM

right over the top of 98's ( Mark Heniford?) head. Next, how did Obed ever miss....those goal posts were Wiiiiiiide! And finally, youngsters, THAT IS HOW YOU PACK THE HILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic