Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A great article about Cam Newton.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,610

A great article about Cam Newton.

Jan 29, 2016, 6:59 PM

As a fan of Cam and most things Carolina(and Atlanta) I think some will find this to be a good read. I now live on the west coast and I can easily see the race issues back home are far from over. Enjoy

http://bringbackthebuzz.net/2016/01/28/what-cam-newton-taught-the-carolinas-about-white-privilege/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like Cam and it has nothing to do with any of those

Jan 29, 2016, 7:20 PM

3 reasons. Speaking only for myself, of course, but the part about race and white privilege is a load of ######### and only makes me want to see him fail that much more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't like Cam and it has nothing to do with any of those

Jan 29, 2016, 7:22 PM

You weren't smiling when you typed that .... were ya ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LOL probably not!***

Jan 29, 2016, 7:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't like Cam and it has nothing to do with any of those

Jan 29, 2016, 7:48 PM [ in reply to I don't like Cam and it has nothing to do with any of those ]

Sorry, but like Dabo would say, that's bull crap. Now Cam has grown on me the last couple years, a lot actually. The dancing doesn't bother me cause he's winning, the dab is hilarious. I still think he's still a little immature but so am I. But if people don't like the showboating I can understand. Cam is cocky mixed with a little immaturity, and that's a recipe for a lot of people disliking him. Having said that, almost all athletes are somewhat cocky. But just as many (if not more) people hate or dislike Johnny Manziel. He's a cocky punk whom I can't stand at all. It has nothing to do with his skin color, it's his attitude, his antics and behavior. If people dislike Cam, it's because of his behavior. He has grown up and doesn't pout on the sidelines like he use to. His actions made him a target, not his skin color.

Re: A great article about Cam Newton.

Jan 29, 2016, 7:31 PM

The constant celebration (white or black) is what I hate about today's game. I don't care for it and don't see it as part of the game. I no longer watch pro football and sadly college football is getting as bad. Celebrate if you win the game.

Jan 29, 2016, 7:34 PM

What a giant crock

Someone needs to tell cam he is not the first black QB in world history

Jan 29, 2016, 7:57 PM

I get my white privilege up every morning and go to work and earn every penny I get. I then take my white privilege and treat every person with respect . Some people want an excuse for everything.
I honestly do not see people hating Cam but some people do not like the show boating and some don't like him because he is not on their team.
His skin color has nothing to do with it!!!
I personally am A Cam fan!
Pound On , Dab on! Win on!

Jan 29, 2016, 9:48 PM

I am one of those that would pull for the panthers until they signed Cam. I just do not like him and it is not about color because I like Bridgewater and Wilson. Carolina making it to the super bowl has made me try to like them again but then article comes and now I hope Peyton has a field day against Carolina. Cam says we have not seem anything like him well he reminds me of Doug Willaims so I think I have seen this type of QB before now. QB's did not run the ball when williams played but they are both big strong qbs. I am sick of hearing about the race card.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

white boys apologizing for being white

Jan 29, 2016, 10:46 PM

as a way of validating supposed racism by football fans...

wow; just how stupid is this country going to get?

If Newton and the Panthers were 0-16, none of his "showmanship" would matter.

Therefore people inherently care more about what happens between the lines than they do

how good he dances, what clothes he wears, what music he likes, or

what color his skin is.

Face it: what a fair number of people do not like is when a player "celebrates" in a fashion that seems arrogant.

They feel that at ain't "culture". To them, instead, it's "lack of sportsmanship".

So just because you disagree with their idea as to what constitutes sportsmanship,

it doesn't mean you can ignore their values, and then somehow suggest they are racist.

wtph is wrong with people?

Re: white boys apologizing for being white

Jan 30, 2016, 8:42 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7093495/ncaa-finds-no-major-violations-auburn-regarding-cam-newton

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,610
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic