Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many games will the Coots win this year? Seriously!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

How many games will the Coots win this year? Seriously!!!

May 20, 2015, 9:19 PM

With what they lost and what they have returning, what can they really expect from this season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5-6***

May 20, 2015, 9:26 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

4 - 7 If they beat South Florida***

May 20, 2015, 9:32 PM

Either of y'all pass math?***

May 21, 2015, 6:50 AM

even as much as I hate those coots,

May 21, 2015, 7:05 AM

Subconsciously I must have not wanted it to sound as bad as 4-8

On the other hand, I feel like they will go 4-9 in the

May 23, 2015, 9:39 PM

regular season.......and have no qualms about it.

Re: Either of y'all pass math?***

May 21, 2015, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Either of y'all pass math?*** ]

Date Opponent Result South Carolina
Sep. 3 North Carolina loss

Sep. 12 Kentucky loss

Sep. 19 at Georgia loss

Sep. 26 UCF win

Oct. 3 at Missouri loss

Oct. 10 LSU TBA loss

Oct. 17 Vanderbilt TBA win

Oct. 31 at Texas A&M TBA loss

Nov. 7 at Tennessee TBA loss

Nov. 14 Florida TBA loss

Nov. 21 The Citadel TBA win

Nov. 28 Clemson TBA loss

Worst 8-4 season . North Carolina , Kentucky,UCF, Missouri, are toss ups.Could go either way.IF they win these then 6-6 season at best. they would have to greatly improve on their defense, and have a really good QB and a sound Offense, and alot of Spurrier luck to do better. IMO

Re: How many games will the Coots win this year? Seriously!!!

May 20, 2015, 9:37 PM

Worst case 3-9 best case 5-7
Either way no bowl

May 20, 2015, 9:47 PM

If they lose to UNCheat, 4-8. If they beat them, 5-7. We get to put the nail in the coffin either way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2015, 9:53 PM

They play in the SEC east they should win 10 and they also play a couple of teams from the west they shouldn't lose but 2 and that's the first and last games. I say 6-6. I have a bet with a guy for a 100 that they want win MORE than 8

Easy money

U can go ahead and spend that money.***

May 20, 2015, 10:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2015, 10:14 PM

Well, they are losing to:
UNC
@UGA
@Missouri
LSU
@A & M
@UT
Clemson

So, 5-7. I'll give them Kentucky, UCF and Florida, but not 100% certain about those,

A friend of mine who is a former Gamecock LB. it feels teams

May 20, 2015, 10:27 PM

will over look SC who he considers a sleeper. After listening to his logic he could be right. Last many of the guys were freshman ans sops. Now they have experienced Juniors and Senors as well as QB Connor Mitch who he feels will start the season and will eventually give way to freshman Michael Scarneccia who my friends believes is much more talented than Connor Shaw. The kid is 6'4". According to my gamecock friend could be up there with Deshaun Watson.

Personally I feel gamecocks could win as many as 8 games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait

May 20, 2015, 10:35 PM

He compared Scarnecchia to Watson....

I think he had too many concussions.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Wait

May 21, 2015, 12:33 AM
.jpg(59.2 K)

Scar-Neck-ee-yuh is better than Watson , huh ?
Why is he second/third on their QB depth chart right now ?
Hmm. I am having trouble with your Coot friends evaluations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Or are you talking about Nunez?

May 20, 2015, 10:36 PM [ in reply to A friend of mine who is a former Gamecock LB. it feels teams ]

He threw less tha 50% of his passes in HS. I think he had 2 passing TDs total last year.

Yes you are right it is Nunez. My coot buddy thinks he will

May 20, 2015, 10:44 PM

be as good as DW. He knows his football but I find it hard to believe he will be as good as DW. And My buddy says he is much better than Connor shaw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes you are right it is Nunez. My coot buddy thinks he will

May 20, 2015, 10:53 PM

Did your buddy factor in that either QB will have no one to throw it to, or a line to protect him. Or that the back end of his defense will be suspect at best? I tell you what? Point to me their 8 wins or who you buddy thinks they beat past the Citadel, Furman, and the triplets (Either UNC, Vandy, or Kentucky)?

i am the one who thinks they have a chance to win 8***

May 20, 2015, 11:07 PM

Your buddy is hoping.

May 20, 2015, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Yes you are right it is Nunez. My coot buddy thinks he will ]

DW is the most decorated QB to ever come out of Georgia. He started as freshman in HS and was really good.

Nunez probably won't even play QB at the college level.

Only time will tell!***

May 20, 2015, 11:09 PM

if Coots win 8 I will....

May 20, 2015, 11:12 PM

Light uP every hell-hole in China & back...free!

GoTiGERS..keep Rocking 'em!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to be the next president of the USA!

May 21, 2015, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Only time will tell!*** ]

Only time will tell.

See, anyone can make any totally absurd prognostication and then follow it up with a phrase that gives them an easy out if it doesn't come true.

Re: I'm going to be the next president of the USA!

May 21, 2015, 12:38 AM

Are you implying he's Skip Bayless?

Nunez(?) isn't on campus yet.

May 21, 2015, 1:24 AM [ in reply to Yes you are right it is Nunez. My coot buddy thinks he will ]

At BEST he's on Kelly Bryant's level and won't be able to play this year. Most(well at least half) experts are saying he's not college QB material an 6-6 at the very best will play WR at the next level. No way do they stand a chance winning 8 games next year.

Corrected post, don't know what happened above

May 21, 2015, 9:21 AM

At BEST he's on Kelly Bryant's level and won't be able to play this year. Most(well at least half) experts are saying he's not college QB material ,at the very best will play WR at the next level. No way do they stand a chance winning 8 games next year,at the very ,very,very best, 6-6(most likely 5-7 no bowl).

Re: Yes you are right it is Nunez. My coot buddy thinks he will

May 21, 2015, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Yes you are right it is Nunez. My coot buddy thinks he will ]

does your coot buddy realize nunez is black. superior dont play black qb's. fact. should jesse and all not be all over this. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or are you talking about Nunez?

May 21, 2015, 7:06 AM [ in reply to Or are you talking about Nunez? ]

How does one pass the ball without throwing it??

Re: A friend of mine who is a former Gamecock LB. it feels teams

May 21, 2015, 5:43 AM [ in reply to A friend of mine who is a former Gamecock LB. it feels teams ]

LOL first off, having a coot "friend" is against the rules. Second, if you buy into his BS, then you are need to put down the koolade, its affecting your judgement. Its ok for teams to overlook the coots because they will be back to being the doormat for most $ec teams. conner mitch is not even close to DW, not even close. Their coaching staff is no where NEAR a staff that develops players. 5-7 is the best they can expect. Their "greatest run in their history" has put a few teams on their toes and memories are long. We will abuse the chickens, just like last year. UGA will. UT will. Mizzou will. Heck, Kentucky has a good shot at it, so does Florida simply because they are Florida. Beating your coot friends drum doesnt fly here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thinks he could be as good as Watson...

May 21, 2015, 7:28 AM [ in reply to A friend of mine who is a former Gamecock LB. it feels teams ]

That's funny right there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2015, 7:59 AM [ in reply to A friend of mine who is a former Gamecock LB. it feels teams ]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 21, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to A friend of mine who is a former Gamecock LB. it feels teams ]

There's simply no way, under any circumstance, that usc jr will eclipse 5 wins next year.

> will over look SC who he considers a sleeper. After
> listening to his logic he could be right. Last many
> of the guys were freshman ans sops. Now they have
> experienced Juniors and Senors as well as QB Connor
> Mitch who he feels will start the season and will
> eventually give way to freshman Michael Scarneccia
> who my friends believes is much more talented than
> Connor Shaw. The kid is 6'4". According to my
> gamecock friend could be up there with Deshaun
> Watson.
>
> Personally I feel gamecocks could win as many as 8
> games.

May 21, 2015, 11:27 AM [ in reply to A friend of mine who is a former Gamecock LB. it feels teams ]

> will over look SC who he considers a sleeper. After
> listening to his logic he could be right. Last many
> of the guys were freshman ans sops. Now they have
> experienced Juniors and Senors as well as QB Connor
> Mitch who he feels will start the season and will
> eventually give way to freshman Michael Scarneccia
> who my friends believes is much more talented than
> Connor Shaw. The kid is 6'4". According to my
> gamecock friend could be up there with Deshaun
> Watson.
>
> Personally I feel gamecocks could win as many as 8
> games.

This right here is the epitome of Coot Logic:

"Last many of the guys were freshman ans sops. Now they have experienced Juniors and Senors...."

Wouldn't that make them experienced sophomores and juniors or are we already looking toward the season after next season?

May 20, 2015, 10:29 PM

Just if you are not aware, 12-game seasons now instead of 11. But my best guess is 3-9. I would say their should wins are the Citadel and Furman and their toss ups are Carolina, Vandy, and Kentucky. I give no shot against the rest of the field....

Realistically, they're going to start 0-3.

May 20, 2015, 10:40 PM

UNC can score points which is something that SCAR is not going to do. They lose their rb, qb, and almost entie o-line. UCF honestly has a better team and might be favored if UNC blows them out. UGA will be a slaughter. The saving grace is that UK and Vandy are about equally miserable so theyll probably pick up at least one game there. UF will be better and has more talent. Same with UT. They win 3-4 games tops. Would not be surprised if they went 2-10.

May 20, 2015, 10:36 PM

They will probably win 6 with those wins being UNC, UK, UCF, Citadel, Vandy, and one of Mizzou/Tennessee/Florida - UF if I had to guess since they will not have a QB.

I really don't get why people are picking UNC over them. Fedora is not a winner and USC pulls out their first game every year. Marquise Williams is overrated and UNC has no clue how to use Elijah Hood. It will be an ugly game, but USC will find a way to win it.

May 20, 2015, 10:48 PM

I will say this Brad. I believe South Carolina/Carolina will light up the score board. I mean these are two teams that won't feature a lick of defense....I have it as a toss-up game. I just don't see either defense being ready on opening day.

Siriusly, Fedora sucks.***

May 20, 2015, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: How many games will the Coots win this year? Seriously!!! ]

Re: Siriusly, Fedora sucks.***

No question. But against poor defenses, that offense can score a lot. Unfortunately, the opposing team's offense can score in bunches against their defense.

May 20, 2015, 11:02 PM

No one can make a real projection until they see what happens with our defensive line.

We are a complete mystery. Anyone claiming how it will go with certainly just enjoys listening to himself talk.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

5 Tops

May 20, 2015, 11:06 PM

Cocklover. that's not talk - that's reality

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: 5 Tops

May 20, 2015, 11:10 PM

Defensive line? That whole team is a riddle wrapped inside of an enigma. They don't know who they are...

May 20, 2015, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: How many games will the Coots win this year? Seriously!!! ]

> No one can make a real projection until they see what
> happens with our defensive line.
>
> We are a complete mystery. Anyone claiming how it
> will go with certainly just enjoys listening to
> himself talk.

Watson as I always point out you're a much better troll on the mb than here. You really need to try harder.

4 wins no matter how good the DL is. Your lb and secondary are still atrocious. JUCO losers aren't coming in and saving the program. You lost too much on the OL, too much skill talent, have d-2 level talent across the board. Your coaches suck.

The only thing the ##### have going for them is they play in arguably the worst major division in college football. The SEC east is a dumpster fire. Kentucky, Vandy, SCar, UT, UF, and Mizzou are all hot garbage. UGA has no quarterback. Even their fans say he sucks. If not for having a werewolf at rb they'd be garbage this year as well.

ROFL !!!!

May 21, 2015, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: How many games will the Coots win this year? Seriously!!! ]

Translation: $CU is probably going to suck because if the season outlook was even remotely good Capon fans would be running-off at the mouth about it as usual.

You clowns are so predictable it's rediculous but thanks for confirming the obvious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Seriously I see tops 5!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Between 7-5 & 4-7

May 21, 2015, 12:12 AM

SCAR lost a lot in their Offense and their D has no secondary and the DL is a mystery.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2015, 12:42 AM

I would bet they lose more games than they win, and they will fall flat on their arses at home in the slum known as "Willie B" to their Daddy from the upstate. You can mark that down now.

If they only win one, that's still too many !

May 21, 2015, 6:55 AM

Let's hope for 0-12 !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they only win one, that's still too many !

May 21, 2015, 7:43 AM

I don't think Florida and Tennessee are going to be as much of a mess this year, and the cacks could barely handle them when UF and UT were were laughing stocks and the cacks were at their peak. Georgia is going to absolutely humiliate them.
Missouri isn't going to be great, but not awful.
A&M is going to be so grateful for not being in the Big 12 anymore when they get a free practice game out of the cacks. LSU will be hilarious- I may drive down and visit the scalpers for that one around 3rd quarter.
We're going to see if they have any tears left when we roll into town.

There are five games left on their table that aren't guaranteed losses:
Vandy, UNC, Kentucky, Citadel, and UCF.

They're not going to walk over Kentucky, but it's at home. So there's a maybe.
UNC sucks. They just do. But they score a lot, so it's a maybe too.
Vandy and Citadel are two definite wins.
UCF is a question mark, but cacks are at home, so give it to them.

Who knows? They might get the outlier with Missouri, or luck out somewhere some how and go 6-6.

More than likely 5-7 or 4-8.

Without a little luck, 3-9, but I don't see them winning less than 3.
With a little luck, they actually go bowling and get absolutely smeared by Louisiana Tech or something in one of the 5,000 new bowl games.

Re: If they only win one, that's still too many !

May 21, 2015, 7:47 AM

Although I never want them to win, it would be great if they had 5 wins coming into our game and we could will their a$$es and keep them from a bowl appearance.

Could be anywhere from 5 - 7 to 7 - 5....

May 21, 2015, 8:06 AM

Anything better than 7 - 5 is highly unlikely and even that will be a stretch for them IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could be anywhere from 5 - 7 to 7 - 5....

May 21, 2015, 8:09 AM

No way they win 7 games. I bet they end up with 2 conference wins (Vanderwilt and Kentsucksy) . Throw in wins over Citadel, UCF and maybe ...maybe UNCheat .
This is a 5 to 6 win team , period.

DB23

Yea...I said winning 7 would be a stretch for them...

May 21, 2015, 8:19 AM

I think their defense will be somewhat improved but not significantly. However, any improvement they see on defense will be offset by an offensive regression.

The simply fact of the matter is, they have been able to replace the players they've lost with equal or better talent.

If they lose the opener to UNCheat, which is entirely possible (the Tar Holes may hang 40+ on them), I think they struggle to duplicate last years 6 - 6 record.

May 21, 2015, 8:37 AM

Well, honestly and objectively, I see an outside possibility of 5-6 wins but that could easily drop to 3-4. Slurries former reputation use to inflate their potential now, as a "has been" drunk, he is vastly becoming the biggest laughing stock of all potential Hall of Fame coaches...heck, I can't stop laughing at how pathetic that whole program has become in such a short amount of time! That's the "COOT nation"

Orange Glasses...they win 4 games.

May 21, 2015, 8:38 AM

They will win two out of the Kentucky, Tennessee, UNC, and UCF games. They Beat Vanderbilt. They beat Citadel. That's all they win. Admittedly, their schedule is pretty tough, but they are doomed for an awful season this year unless they did a MAJOR turnaround from last season. I don't see what moves they made that will make that much of a difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

I think they will win home games against

May 21, 2015, 9:25 AM

Kentucky, UCF, Vandy, and the Citadel. Somewhere between 5-7 and 7-5 seems reasonable depending on whether they get much defensive improvement, and also how some of these other teams like UNC and Florida do this year.

Re: I think they will win home games against

May 21, 2015, 9:38 AM

Posted: May 21, 2015 9:35 AM Reply

Sep. 12 Kentucky loss

Sep. 19 at Georgia loss

Sep. 26 UCF win

Oct. 3 at Missouri loss

Oct. 10 LSU TBA loss

Nov. 14 Florida TBA loss

Nov. 28 Clemson TBA loss

Worst 8-4 season . North Carolina , Kentucky,UCF, Missouri, are toss ups.Could go either way.IF they win these then 6-6 season at best. they would have to greatly improve on their defense, and have a really good QB and a sound Offense, and alot of Spurrier luck to do better. IMO

Re: I think they will win home games against

May 21, 2015, 10:01 AM

Correction a mistake worst 4-8 best 6-6 season
Posted: May 21, 2015 9:35 AM Reply

Sep. 12 Kentucky loss

Sep. 19 at Georgia loss

Sep. 26 UCF win

Oct. 3 at Missouri loss

Oct. 10 LSU TBA loss

Nov. 14 Florida TBA loss

Nov. 28 Clemson TBA loss

Worst 4-8 season . North Carolina , Kentucky,UCF, Missouri, are toss ups.Could go either way.IF they win these then 6-6 season at best. they would have to greatly improve on their defense, and have a really good QB and a sound Offense, and alot of Spurrier luck to do better. IMO

I've been watching the chickens for a lot of years. One

May 21, 2015, 2:25 PM

thing that has remained constant: With few exceptions when they start losing, they will quit. I have seen it over and over, with few exceptions. If they start the season 1 and 4? Watch out, the stands will be empty, the fans will be grumbling, the BOT will be looking and the weiner boys will stop trying. That's how it has been in the 40 years that I have been watching.

Been sayin' it all offseason...They win 4 at the most.***

May 21, 2015, 5:19 PM

Not our concern until last Saturday in November;

May 21, 2015, 5:22 PM

Let us just win our games and hope they lose them all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic