Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A friend of mine took me to the baseball game today. And, I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,331

A friend of mine took me to the baseball game today. And, I

Apr 3, 2016, 9:31 PM

just want to say how bad I feel for those of you who live too far away to be able to scoot over to Tigertown for a Sunday afternoon game. 20 minute ride over, grab a chicken sandwich, sit in 70 degree weather and take in a helluva baseball game. I cannot imagine living anywhere else. There are many places I would love to live that would give me the chance to go after largemouths in lily pads, grass, flooded stump fields etc. But, I wouldn't trade it for being so close to Clemson...No way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A friend of mine took me to the baseball game today. And, I

Apr 3, 2016, 9:39 PM

I have lived in Charleston all my life, and i mean since birth . Probably going to retire within the next five to eight years....and I am seriously considering retiring to Clemson ...for all of the reasons you mention and all the obvious reasons...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love to come to Charleston and catch trout and spottails,

Apr 3, 2016, 9:45 PM

but it would be hard living there all the time, as beautiful as it is. Today, was as good as it gets in Clemson. Let me know when you make the move, I will be glad to help you find a home....

Re: I love to come to Charleston and catch trout and spottails,

Apr 3, 2016, 10:05 PM

do you sell real estate ? my dilemma would be whether to buy a house in clemson town close to campus or to to buy on a nearby lake ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2016, 10:12 PM

That's the beauty of Clemson. You can live on the lake and close to Clemson at the same time. As long as you're within 10-15 min away, that's all you need. Hope I can be in that position one day.

Yes I do. And there are lots of options for you. 4 big lakes

Apr 3, 2016, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I love to come to Charleston and catch trout and spottails, ]

within an hour of CLemson.

Apr 4, 2016, 6:15 AM [ in reply to Re: I love to come to Charleston and catch trout and spottails, ]

Get your checkbook out and be ready to write a big one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2016, 10:17 PM

No doubt, it's hard living in Louisiana and being so far away. Fortunate to get back to at least four football games a year. Can't wait to get back closer one day.

How far are you from Venice?***

Apr 3, 2016, 10:40 PM

I am jealous

Apr 3, 2016, 10:58 PM

I live 500 miles away. Only made one football game last year. But did make it to Glendale wouldn't have missed that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This Venice...

Apr 4, 2016, 7:23 AM [ in reply to How far are you from Venice?*** ]

http://www.veniceoutdoors.com/about-venice-la/venice-louisiana.html

Apr 4, 2016, 6:58 AM

I live in the Charleston area and as I get older, the drive to Clemson takes more and more of a toll on my body. I frequently daydream about moving back up to the Upstate and I'm seriously considering retiring there (though retirement is still a few decades away). I'd absolutely love to have the ability you speak of, to spontaneously pick up and head to Clemson for a game on any random weekend/weekday and not have to make it a full-blown travel event.

Apr 4, 2016, 4:05 PM

I know. I hate living 3.5 hours away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting ready to join you, Spud.

Apr 4, 2016, 4:11 PM

Retired last fall and bought a house in Seneca. Just need to sell the Raleigh house and we're headed your way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I'm over in the Powdersville area.....Can't afford the high

Apr 4, 2016, 5:30 PM

dollar Seneca area........

On my way down to Wren now to run a few miles with my Coot

Apr 4, 2016, 5:31 PM

buddy. THe miles just pass away these days...............

Apr 4, 2016, 5:22 PM

My goal is to retire in the Clemson area. Wonder how hard it would be to get a job on the grounds crew for baseball. Would love to be dragging the infield while Kenny Chensey sings, "She thinks my tractors sexy."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,331
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic