Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few yaers ago at GT they ran a trick play and we lost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

A few yaers ago at GT they ran a trick play and we lost

Sep 21, 2018, 11:39 AM

I think it was a fake FG. They ran the FG team on the field. 10 of their players went to line up in normal FG position but one guy stay real close to the tech sidelines but barely on the field. They snapped the ball and then threw to the wide open player that was near the tech sidelines. He caught the call and ran in for a TD.
I’m not sure how legal that play was then or if it’s kegal now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't it basically the same concept we ran against

Sep 21, 2018, 11:46 AM

USuCk when Dabo was an interim HC? I think a new rule was created after that requiring players to line up inside the hash marks. IIRC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wasn't it basically the same concept we ran against

Sep 21, 2018, 11:50 AM

I think so. But ours was not a FG attempt. Our regular offense was on the field against the chickens

Not exactly the same, there was a key difference

Sep 21, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Wasn't it basically the same concept we ran against ]

The difference is that we did not substitute on the play.

It is considered a substitution infraction for a player to not "report" to in between the hashmarks (though they can then obviously split back out as wide as they want) whenever a team substitutes.

In GT's play there was a mass substitution and a player just hid 1 step from the sideline. That is illegal (was then, still is) but it was missed.

In our play there was no substitution, CJ Ford just split very wide from one play to the next.

Message was edited by: tiger_thom® ~ corrected the Clemson player involved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That makes sense, thanks for clarifying***

Sep 21, 2018, 12:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Not exactly the same, there was a key difference

Sep 21, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Not exactly the same, there was a key difference ]

I think it was Ford actually. I remember the coaches were even screaming at him and acting like he wasn't supposed to be on the field while Ford pretended to tie his shoe.

Yep, it was Ford (bad memory on my part)

Sep 21, 2018, 12:25 PM

48:40 mark in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2tcIqNjGxE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck of a job by Harper to get it to him***

Sep 21, 2018, 12:34 PM

Re: A few yaers ago at GT they ran a trick play and we lost

Sep 21, 2018, 11:47 AM

I thought the trick play was finding a way to get cole stoudt in the game so they could just keep returning picks for 6 points.

Sep 21, 2018, 1:26 PM

That’s not fair to cole he was hurt and didn’t practice that week he was not expected to play

It was a substitution infraction that was not called***

Sep 21, 2018, 12:29 PM

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 21, 2018, 1:13 PM

There is a Mooney Player rule in high school ball. He would send 12 players onto the field, one an extra end. The one you covered would just step out of bounds before the snap making the one on the other side eligible and uncovered. Monney Player coached lower Richland for years. He won a lot with a sack full of trick plays. Also, he would have small offensive linemen and huge backs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Sep 21, 2018, 1:14 PM

That was Demaryius Thomas. He's pretty good.

Not a concern

Sep 21, 2018, 1:20 PM

JD is a good LB. Smart player w a ton of experience. Will be Year 4 against GT. I’d be a little more concerned when he has to come out. I’d also be more concerned if it was Simmons hurt. He’s the one filling DODs role who was tremendous in every game vs GT. I know they’ve been prepping Simmons for this but his first live bullets against them playing that position. Also more concerned about Muse biting. The reality is I expect our line to blow up the LOS like they have done the past few years.

Oops meant do KJ being out post***

Sep 21, 2018, 1:21 PM

Was that after or before the NCAA changed the whole subs

Sep 21, 2018, 1:23 PM

in response to the hurry up offenses like Chad Morris was doing?

Sep 25, 2018, 7:42 AM

For the OLD guys on here, Stanley Morgan (former Easley HS QB) went to UT instead of CLEMSON. When CLEMSON played UT, he did the exact same thing and won the game for UT. I thought that play was illegal, but I guess not. Anyway, beating UT in a bowl game later was revenge in a small way.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic