Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few thoughts on Oglesby and Fuller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,069

A few thoughts on Oglesby and Fuller

Jul 23, 2014, 3:31 PM

1. Fuller's coach at Easley stated that Morris was getting the type of offensive player perfect for his offense. A lot of people had Fuller tabbed as being a DB at Clemson, considering the log-jam at RB he'd be facing and considering that numerous other schools recruited him as a DB. I take this as a sign that Morris/Swinney informed Fuller he would avoid the switch to defense. Does anyone have any insight that he is for sure playing offense at Clemson, and if so, would he be better suited as a DB here?

2. Disappointing about Jae'lon, but prep school has done Clemson recruits VERY well (IE: Shaq Lawson, Kyrin Priester). With the depth at RB and WR (Oglesby can play both spots. He's a "slot back" type player), and his lack of size, I believe Oglesby would have redshirted anyway. Prep school will be a great way for him to bulk up and showcase his talent before entering a less crowded backfield in 2015 at Clemson.

3. Speaking of Oglesby, what's with the lack of production his senior year? He had fewer yards his senior year than his Sophomore year, and a substantially lower amount from his junior to senior year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oglesby had an injured right knee....

Jul 23, 2014, 3:46 PM

The injury occurred sometime in September but he continued to play. In fact, he contemplated missing the Shrine Bowl because of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A few thoughts on Oglesby and Fuller

Jul 23, 2014, 3:49 PM

every team keyed on oglesby in every game and he still put up good numbers last year. He also played almost the entire year with a knee injury. Bottom line the kid is as good as ive ever seen. prep school will do wonders for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll trust whatever our coaches do with Fuller, but I can't

Jul 23, 2014, 4:02 PM

imagine anybody seeing him play in high school or on film as a RB, and immediately thinking "this guy isn't that good at RB, but might have a shot at DB"!!!

Now, we do have a lot of good depth at RB, so I can see how he might have a hard time getting PT there, especially right away, but he looks like a good RB to me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,069
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic