Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few rambling thoughts from weekend at L'Ville and OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

A few rambling thoughts from weekend at L'Ville and OSU

Sep 20, 2015, 6:38 PM

Just pulled back in after spending an extended weekend going from L'ville via Cincinatti and then to Columbus for Ohio State game.

L'ville:
What a great place to go to a game. Churchill Downs is a neat place to tailgate. Traffic was easy. Good crowd and if L'Ville would have played a bit better I think the crowd would have been a factor. We kept them quiet, despite the score, by making first downs quickly on offense.

L'Ville is a great trip and I am glad we get them every other year. Lot's of Orange in the crowd.

It was very obvious that L'Ville fans were trying to repay us for treating them so well las year. I had at least 10 folks say welcome to L'Ville and what a great time they had last year in Clemson. I think L'Ville fans are looking for a rival in the ACC....and I say we oblige them.

The Thursday night game gave us the opportunity to piddle around. Went to Cincy (about 1 hour from L'Ville) and spent the day. Neat place. The Reds were not in town and we did not stay long enough Sunday to watch the Bengels...but it looks like a sports town and I would go back if near the area.

Montgomery Inn Ribs....hmmmmmmmm yummy.

On Saturday, had the thought of going to Columbus for Ohio State/Northern Illinois game or back down to Lexington for Florida/Kentucky (Lexington is 1 1/2 hours from Cincy).

Decided on OSU since I thought Clemson will probably never play there. Great place to watch a game. Easy access to parking for visitors...which is much different than Clemson. Very few grass lots for tailgating...but we are spoiled with that at Clemson.

Lots of tradition at OSU...the band is simply amazing in pregame and halftime. OSU struggled all day so it was hard to get a feel of how loud the Horseshoe can be....but I would think for big games it is very loud and similar to Clemson. The loudest it got was when they inducted Jim Tressel into HOF.

Almost all OSU fans wear football jerseys...which is odd for grown men and women to do IMO.

FWIW after seeing them in person.....OSU is very human...despite what you may have heard. 1/3 of the Big 10 could have beaten them on this day and I suspect their QB rotation will come back to bite them if they don't settle on one guy. But, OSU is not David or Goliath.

Most disturbing thing from the whole weekend? Reading social media and Clemson web site message board with people dissapointed in the win Thursday.

What????

Before the game I would have taken a 3 point win and run naked beside the horses at Churchill Downs. If you did not understand the trap that we were stepping into Thursday night you don't know football.

Be thankful for the win. Be thankful you are a Clemson Tiger. Be thankful you are not a Scar fan.

And be thankful that we have a MASSIVE football game coming up in 2 weeks!

It's great to be a Tiger.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great post, thanks for sharing!***

Sep 20, 2015, 6:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thX Scott as always..been to OHst game vs Mich & it's s great venue..

Sep 20, 2015, 6:53 PM

GoTiGERS.. Beat the Irish Potaters!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few rambling thoughts from weekend at L'Ville and OSU

Sep 20, 2015, 6:54 PM

Next time you are headed to Cincinnati, let me know and I will give you some restaurant recommendations. You're right, Montgomery Inn is delicious!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will do Dayton! Maybe in 2 years we can

Sep 20, 2015, 7:01 PM

get a Clemson/L'Ville game on Saturday and the Reds may be in town for Friday or Sunday.

Would not mind doing the Bengels...but NFL football is hard to watch IMO

Old Hickory in Dayton

Sep 20, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: A few rambling thoughts from weekend at L'Ville and OSU ]

Had some of the best ribs I've ever eaten. And the steaks at the Pine Club....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Old Hickory in Dayton

Sep 20, 2015, 8:12 PM

Dayton is a great town especially to watch basketball. We have season tix to Clemson football and University of Dayton basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks, Scott. Key point for me was public parking.

Sep 20, 2015, 7:02 PM

since our formerly public lot is now IPTAY. I live in Va and season tickets and big IPTAY donation has not made sense for me.

I can figure out a parking plan for me, and adjust. But I think we should make it easier for the first-time or occasional visitor to our game experience to find a halfway decent place to park.

Thanks for your show, and all you do for Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I certainly understand NoIntroduction. Have you thought of

Sep 20, 2015, 7:10 PM

YBeach? I think it is a great place for public parking. Plenty of grass space, ample porta potties and facilities, and only about a mile to the stadium.

They will shuttle you to the game...and back. But the shuttle back is often clogged and more trouble than it is worth.

Or, you can flag down a buddy and ride with them in and out.

I'm sure you have researched it all...but I rarely hear people talk about Ybeach and, to me, that seems like a great place for public parking.

PS...thanks for the kinds words on the show. Its an honor to do it.

Thanks for post but did not want visualize last comment! ;-)***

Sep 20, 2015, 7:03 PM

Great post, Scott. Jealous that you got to make both games.***

Sep 20, 2015, 7:22 PM

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Anybody can do it...just takes some planning

Sep 20, 2015, 7:33 PM

and a willingness for adventure!

PS...got to quickly visit Rupp Arena, Commonweath Stadium, and Neyland Stadium on the way home.

Great weekend!

Man, what a weekend! Glad you got to see

Sep 20, 2015, 7:42 PM

all of those great venues. How does Neyland compare to the Valley? It seems like they're stuffed in there, not much bigger than DV.

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Stuffed is accurate. Does not look all that large, but the

Sep 20, 2015, 7:44 PM

best thing (IMO) was the Vol Navy. Lined up right by the stadium along the river. Most have been 30 boats still there today (Sunday afternoon). What a great way to go to a football game....by boat!

That would be a great way to watch the game.***

Sep 20, 2015, 8:13 PM

I concur....

Sep 20, 2015, 9:41 PM

The Louisville trip was awesome and I can't say enough about their fans. I cant even begin to count how many Louisville fans welcome us to Louisville and told us what a great time they had last year in Clemson.

Between Churchill Downs, the Louisville Slugger bat factory and all of the burbon distilleries (not to mention the game), Louisville is a great trip that I would highly recommend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bourbon Distilleries will have to be next trip for me

Sep 21, 2015, 5:00 AM

We did not get to any this time around.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic