Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few of the Old Testament prophecies Jesus fulfilled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

A few of the Old Testament prophecies Jesus fulfilled

Dec 26, 2018, 2:27 PM

Some ultra conservative scholars claim Jesus fulfilled around 300 prophecies found in the Old Testament. A lot of them depend on whether you believe that the Gospel accounts of his life are accurate in their entirety, however these are prophecies you can not deny Jesus fulfilled whether you believe in him or not....

1. The nations will be blessed through Abraham's lineage

Genesis 12:3- I will bless those who bless you,
I will curse anyone who treats you with contempt,
and all the peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.

There is no denying that belief in Jesus, a Jew and descendant of Abraham, and hope in salvation has "blessed" people all over the world across many different cultures. Below is a map of majority religion by country. Amazingly Christianity has spread all over the globe despite the fact that every other major religion has for the most part stayed in it's geographical region.

[img][img/]

2. Christ's ministry will destroy Satan's work

Genesis 3:15- I will put hostility between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and her offspring.
He will strike your head,
and you will strike his heel.

Whether Jesus really was who he claimed to be, there is no denying that his ministry has crushed sinful ways for people who have become Christians. Countless people all over the world can give testimony to this fact....

3. Jesus would teach in parables

Psalm 78:1-2- Give ear, O my people, to my law:
Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
I will open my mouth in a parable;
I will utter dark sayings of old.

We have four complete biographies of the life of Jesus filled with his teachings, the majority of which are told in parables. Even if you go with the most liberal of scholars opinions you still have to concede that the historical Jesus was a Jewish rabbi who taught in parables.

4. Christ's ministry would begin in Galilee

Isaiah 9:1-2- But there shall be no gloom to her that was in anguish. In the former time he brought into contempt the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali; but in the latter time hath he made it glorious, by the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations. The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

Jesus' life and ministry most certainly began and was centered around the region of Galilee.

5. Jesus would draw the Gentiles to himself

Isaiah 11:10- “And in that day there shall be a Root of Jesse,
Who shall stand as a banner to the people;
For the Gentiles shall seek Him,
And His resting place shall be glorious.”

This one is very interesting because the Jews saw Gentiles as outsiders who worshiped false gods. Why on earth would the Jewish scriptures claim that their Messiah would be accepted by the Gentiles but not their own people? But that's exactly what has happened with Jesus. He has been mostly rejected by his own people (another prophecy fulfilled) and accepted by "gentile nations".

6. Jesus would have a miraculous ministry

Isaiah 35:5-6- Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
Then the lame shall leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the dumb sing.
For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness,
And streams in the desert.

Now maybe you don't believe in the miraculous and you are certain that those parts of the Gospels were exaggerated, however you still can't deny that Jesus' followers claimed he was performing miracles and even a non biblical hostile Jewish source claims he practiced "sorcery":

"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald ... cried, "He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy."- Babylonian Talmud

7. The Messiah would be preceded by a forerunner

Isaiah 40:3-4- The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
“Prepare the way of the Lord;
Make straight in the desert
A highway for our God.
Every valley shall be exalted
And every mountain and hill brought low;
The crooked places shall be made straight
And the rough places smooth;"

Jewish historian Josephus confirms much of the Gospel accounts about John the Baptist who taught a message of repentance and baptism prior to Jesus.

8. Jesus would be despised and rejected

Isaiah 53:3- He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Jesus was rejected in his own town of Nazareth, disowned by his family (until after his death, which is evidence in favor of the resurrection), and eventually killed by his own people.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few of the Old Testament prophecies Jesus fulfilled

Dec 26, 2018, 4:08 PM

this is because Christians like to knock on everyone's door and bug them when they are relaxing at home, can't remember the last time a muslim did that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 4:26 PM

Only Jehovas Witness does that and they ain’t Christians.

Muslims don’t knock on doors they just kill you if you don’t convert.

Easy now.

Dec 26, 2018, 9:07 PM

God has His people sprinkled throughout many denominations. I'm satisfied that many JWs have come to Christ through reading the Bible.

Yes, the JWs work for their denomination but the truth is there in their faces when it comes time to believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Easy now.

Dec 26, 2018, 10:10 PM

Next time one of them comes to your door ask them what they believe about Jesus....

Dec 26, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: A few of the Old Testament prophecies Jesus fulfilled ]

Jehovah's Witnesses would say the same thing about you.

Jehovah's Witnesses aren't the only ones who do that.

Jan 3, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: A few of the Old Testament prophecies Jesus fulfilled ]

Our church (Baptist), including me, goes out "door-knocking" two Saturdays a month.

Far as I can tell, the "door knockers" are Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, and a conservative segment of Baptists. Don't know of any others who do it.

Dec 27, 2018, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: A few of the Old Testament prophecies Jesus fulfilled ]

You're right. They prefer to blow up my car instead.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic