Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few musings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,296

A few musings

Jul 6, 2018, 10:03 PM

As I sit here in the outer banks with my family enjoying a great vacation. While my wife gets the kids in the bed and I drink the rest of my White Russian. I sit here watching Clemson v Louisville 2016 on my fire stick while thunder booms in the background.

Life is good. #### good.

I’m old enough to remember the Danny Ford years. Rodney Williams was my favorite player when I was a youngun in Columbia. Eventually also playing for Irmo High School.

I also remember the Hatfield and West years.

Life is good.

Tommy Bowden wasn’t great, but he got us back on track. He beat the coots like a red headed step child. He brought Dabo Swinney to Death Valley. I turned 21 the week of Bowden Bowl I. My last game as a student was the Catch II. Good times.

I have three children. The oldest is 12. They only know Clemson greatness. I tell them to cherish it. I remember embracing my then 10 year old son when Renfrow caught that pass from DW4 that night in Tampa.

We are blessed. It won’t always be this way. Time is a fickle #####. I’m enjoying the ride. I hope you are as well. It’s been amazing and I really believe more greatness is to come.

Don’t know what will be in store for Dabo. But regardless. There’s something in these hills. Even in Kill Devil Hills.

Enjoy it my friends. We have been blessed beyond measure.

Oh, and thank goodness Lamar Jackson is gone!

Cheers to a great summer and spot the #### ball!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few musings

Jul 6, 2018, 11:32 PM

The best thing TB done while HC at Clemson was, he got the the rebuilding of our FB facilities started. That alone has served us well, and it made his time at Clemson worth the money spent for his employment, and personally, I will always be grateful to him for that part of his employment at Clemson. But he wasn't a good college FB Head Coach....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2018, 12:53 PM

This! He took us as far as he was capable, and the best thing is he hired Dabo, and helped encourage TD Phillips to hire Dabo as his replacement. Glad we had him, but so glad he is gone and we now have Dabo. What a trade up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2018, 11:56 PM

I remember sitting through every home game under Red Parker when we finished 3-6-3. Steve Guller was was quarterback. I thought we were the best 3 win team U.N. the country if there was such a thing. I still credit Red Parker with building the foundation for what we have now. He hired Charley Pell who hired Danny Ford.

Jul 6, 2018, 11:57 PM

Sorry, that’s Steve Fuller

Jul 7, 2018, 7:46 AM

I agree with you about Red Parker....He got the foundation started but did not receive the credit due him. Charlie Pell did that....

Pell stole it...as a stepping stone

Jul 7, 2018, 2:39 PM

Which in hindsight, was somewhat fortuitous for Clemson. I had a lot of respect for Coach Parker...had known him for several years, being from Charleston. My high school coach came with him when he took the Clemson job. There were many, MANY surprised students when Red was let go...as you said, that '76 team was competitive and much better at season's end. The foundation was laid under Red. The fact Pell hired Danny Ford is his sole legacy...otherwise, I have zero use for the snake Pell proved to be.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3-6-2***

Jul 7, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: A few musings ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 7, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: A few musings ]

The best thing about Red Parker was that he replaced Hootie Ingram. Of course, anything would have been an improvement over him, but it was great for him to hit the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2018, 8:16 AM

Well said, Sir. Well said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar Jackson was not such a weapon once

Jul 7, 2018, 11:12 AM

teams started playing him like the triple option. The one man show was over for good from that point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,296
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic