Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC looks at bathroom policy--HB2 (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

ACC looks at bathroom policy--HB2 (link)

May 10, 2016, 12:16 PM

(sorry if deutsche)

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article76620007.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC looks at bathroom policy--HB2 (link)

May 10, 2016, 12:20 PM

"The NCAA has mandated that host cities “demonstrate how they will provide an environment that is safe, healthy, and free of discrimination, plus safeguards the dignity of everyone involved in the event.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article76620007.html#storylink=cpy

The very first time a child or adult is molested as a result of "transgendered nondiscrimination", what will they say then?

Political correctness, please go die in a fire.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 10, 2016, 12:24 PM

To avoid these sorts of hard questions, I think we should once and for all make it illegal to rape and molest kids. What do yall think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2016, 10:24 PM

Keep government out of this. People don't molest people, molesters molest people.

Lol.. ### .

May 10, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC looks at bathroom policy--HB2 (link) ]

What exactly about separate signs on the door is currently protecting people from malestation?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Lol.. ### .

May 10, 2016, 12:25 PM

Nothing, but it's no fun when you can't play white knight and assault people who are perceived as threats to the women in your family. Chivalry 101, bro

I've only been in a few women bathroom

May 10, 2016, 12:35 PM

But ever one of them had private stalls. .

The most privacy you can have I the bathroom.

Any rate.. so what these guys are saying is they would much rather have that transgender dude standing next to them, hip to hip, at the troph.

Sexy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Thats a bit of a jump there

May 10, 2016, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC looks at bathroom policy--HB2 (link) ]

but I can guarantee you that I would find a gym with the hottest wimmin and go into their lockerroom blasting Shania Twain's "Man I feel like a Woman."

Won't happen, pedophiles are nearly all straight males..

May 10, 2016, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC looks at bathroom policy--HB2 (link) ]

But since this concerns you so much maybe you can get a job as the gentalia checker at public restrooms, since you're so concerned for a he kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, Queen ... your opinion means nothing to me.***

May 10, 2016, 2:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Didn't state an opinion, just a suggestion since this is important to you...

May 10, 2016, 3:31 PM

I thought you might want to be on the front lines to stop this and be a gentalia checker. You were the one voicing the paranoia. By the way my screen name tigerking not Queen. Queen is a rock band. So bow down, you insolent.

It would be much easier......

May 10, 2016, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC looks at bathroom policy--HB2 (link) ]

It would be much easier to build a 3rd bathroom for Pastors, Priest, Youth ministers and Republican lawmakers. That way, all of your child molesters will be in one place away from harming children.

All I seeing is the concern for little girls, what about the young boys?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

This is simple- put a 3rd one between the two...

May 10, 2016, 12:23 PM

"Men" "Those Not Sure" "Women"

Re: This is simple- put a 3rd one between the two...

May 10, 2016, 5:43 PM

It would be much easier to build a 3rd bathroom for Pastors, Priest, Youth ministers and Republican lawmakers. That way, all of your child molesters will be in one place away from harming children.

All I seeing is the concern for little girls, what about the young boys?

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

A couple of things . . .

May 10, 2016, 12:34 PM

First, how many of you (males) want Caitlyn Jenner peeing right next to you in the bathroom? Not me.

Second, how often will this actually come in to play? I can't see the cops in N.C. wasting their time checking birth certificates at the public restrooms.

IMHO, its all much ado about nothing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A couple of things . . .

May 10, 2016, 12:56 PM

Can Caitlyn still use a urinal or does she (he) have to sit down to pee? Actually, I really don't want to know. Maybe "it" needs one of these

http://www.amazon.com/HeroNeo%C2%AE-Female-Portable-Camping-Urination/dp/B00IIDVMLW

On a more serious note, one concern would be some perv following a young girl into the ladies room and then claiming he identifies as a woman to avoid getting arrested. The law does not prevent this but the publicity probably gives them some ideas.

By the way, reading between the lines, it appears to me that Swoffie is trying to pave the way to avoid having to move anything out of NC. He sure didn't mind screwing over Myrtle Beach a few years ago. Yep. I'm a conspiracy theorist :).

What is stopping some perv from walking into

May 10, 2016, 1:49 PM

A bathroom NOW ?

And what well this perv do in the bathroom? Watch the girl go into the stall , close the door, and drop a duce..

This is nothing more than dudes being paranoid and women who don't want the world to know that they do indeed poop.

The law

May 10, 2016, 1:56 PM

and the ability for folks to self police (ie kick the crap out of someone). If I walk into a women's restroom I can be arrested.

In general, most men don't really care if women use the same bathroom...it happens at pretty much every football game tailgate. I was joking with my post above, but there would be nothing to stop me from going into some women's lockerroom at a Charlotte gym just to go get a cheap look. The police wouldn't be able to do a thing about it. My defense would just be "I felt like a lady today."

The birth certificate thing doesn't make sense to me

May 10, 2016, 1:51 PM [ in reply to A couple of things . . . ]

its not about birth gender, its what parts you have now. If you have made the switch from an outie to an innie go to the place without urinals. Its pretty much a binary/functional question.

In fact, you can change your sex in NC...

May 10, 2016, 5:06 PM

The opposition to this law is silliness. NC is simply maintaining sex separate bathrooms, instead of allowing people to use whichever bathroom they want based on subjective gender identity. If you look like a woman, nobody's going to question you being in the women's room anyway.

And think about this: if your principle is that you shouldn't discriminate based on gender identity, then you can't have any separation of bathrooms. If a person with a male body who identifies as female has the right to use the women's restroom, then it would be discriminating on the basis of gender identity not to let a person with a male body who identifies as male use the women's restroom as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's just another invented wedge issue to distract people from important issues...

May 10, 2016, 6:31 PM

Like rebuilding this country's infrastructure, end the never ending wars this country is involved in, hold Wall Street accountable, reform police departments across the country, improve public education since the USA no longer is the lead innovator since US students are so far behind in math , come up with a new economic model that isn't based off failed neo liberal policies, reform DC politics, ditch the duopoly the democrats and republicans hold over this country.

They changed it to the ######## you have now

May 10, 2016, 7:20 PM [ in reply to The birth certificate thing doesn't make sense to me ]

Please understand that a pedophile, a person who has a sexual interest in children, will look for any angle or place to satisfy their desire to have sex with our children for the rest of there life.

One in every 3 girls and 1 in every 5 boys are sexually molested before the age of 16. I have worked many years trying to help families cope and worked in the prisons/jails to try to helped those damaged by by being molested and I have tried to help the pedopiles. I can tell you I would trust none of them anywhere near my kids or grandkids.

If you have not educated yourself on this danger it's time. They look just like you and I, most of the time the start in their on family and at least half of the molested said it started when they took the kid to the bathroom and stretched out from there.(that half was an educated guess of people I have heard share what happened)

Nobody is ever standing out guarding a bathroom asking for ID's but most pedophiles get away with it with many kids before they are caught. It would(the changed HB2) allow them to be arrested if caught in the act or a kid cried for help and held until full testimony is heard.

For the life of me this is a head shaker. This bill has nothing to do with rights of a person that has chosen to change their sexuallity unless they are a pedophile.

I love all people and we need to educate everyone on the attack of our children and I hate making more laws but anything we can do to save our children from the biggest attack on them that isn't talked about. Many who read this have experienced this in some way.

I know many same sex couples with children that agree with anything that would protect their kids.

Just my opinion...and why.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: They changed it to the ######## you have now

May 11, 2016, 2:01 PM

Yours is a lucid and well written opinion and I respect it. However, even the lawmakers acknowledge that they know of not one single case of a transexual abusing a child in a bathroom or anywhere else. It's a solution searching for a problem that simply doesn't exist.

Further, words matter. It's astonishing that "transexual' almost automatically is included in a sentence with "child molesters". The fact that there are no facts supporting this proposition simply does not deter those who choose this preposterous assumption.

And finally, I live in NC and this law really isn't about bathrooms at all. The point of HB2 was to make it illegal for any city or county to raise the minimum wage (Charlotte, NC raised the minimum wage within city limits and the republican legislature made it illegal). The law also stipulates that victims of sexual discrimination cannot bring suit in a NC court, they must go to federal court. The law effectively legalizes some sexual discrimination within the state.

I agree with Lincoln: "I find that people generally believe exactly what they want to believe."

I respect all peoples right to their opinion.

I just like mine the best. :)

Why should the ACC care

May 10, 2016, 1:57 PM

they've been letting women use the football facilities at Wallace Wade and Groves Stadium for years.

The penalty for discrimination is the Lady Tarheels will be

May 10, 2016, 2:03 PM

hit with more sanctions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Why is she getting involved in this? I thought that the FDA

May 10, 2016, 2:05 PM

and Department of Agriculture only dealt with laws covering fruits.

Why is it that Republicans

May 10, 2016, 2:32 PM

absolutely INSIST on forcing they're quasi-christian view points on the masses in order to garner votes from "social conservatives".

Definition: Social Conservative - noun; someone who insists that the Bible gives them the right to have a say in how other people live their lives.

In a sentence: "Social Conservatives believe that what the Declaration of Independence really guarantees all citizens is 'Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness that we deem appropriate'."

Geez, no wonder Trump or Hillary are going to the White House.

What does Christianity have to do with men roaming around

May 10, 2016, 2:44 PM

women's restrooms? I consider myself a social centrist and a fiscal conservative. Gays are 2.5% of the population, transgender is maybe 3% of that 2.5%. Why are we in upheaval over this? That is the bigger question.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Some people say gay people are as high as 10% of the

May 10, 2016, 2:46 PM

population.

but yes the transgender population is astronomically rare. I am not sure why the outrage over a situation that so very rarely occurs

Re: Some people say gay people are as high as 10% of the

May 10, 2016, 3:05 PM

I don't think it's the actual transgendered people that is the issue here. The issue is that someone that is an actual predator can take advantage of the law.

You don't see people outraged that Chuckee Cheese requires people over the age of 18 actually have a child with them. While that's discriminatory to older people that want to eat crappy pizza. It's also understandable because it helps secure the location for the children at the establishment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

May 10, 2016, 10:30 PM

That's very true. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a child molester pounding on the door of a public bathroom, trying to molest, but they can't enter because they weren't born that gender. They need to wait for the children to be out in the open to rape them, everyone knows that...SUPPORT HB2!

May 10, 2016, 10:48 PM

I know you think you're making a rational comparison, but you're really not.

No one is saying this law prevents people on that extreme.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

May 10, 2016, 11:07 PM

Good point, it just works against all the casual molestation we have out there.

Re: What does Christianity have to do with men roaming around

May 10, 2016, 3:00 PM [ in reply to What does Christianity have to do with men roaming around ]

We have a lot in common. I consider myself a fiscal conservative and a social 'I could care less how other people define personal happiness' moderate. In response to the 1st part of your question I would simply point you toward Ted Cruz and Pat McCrory. As to the 2nd part they're not men. They may ave been born as men but they are, for all intent and purposes women.

As an example:

This is Janet Mock,born a man, who is a best selling author and transgender woman:

-

This is Ben Melzer, born a woman, who is on the cover of Men's Health Magazine:

I say they can go to the bathroom that they identify with. It's seems so simple.

go ask a right winger why they are so interested in the private lives of trans***

May 10, 2016, 3:36 PM [ in reply to What does Christianity have to do with men roaming around ]

Why is it that 0.08% of the population tells me I have to

May 10, 2016, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Why is it that Republicans ]

accept their deviancy?

Re: Why is it that 0.08% of the population tells me I have to

May 10, 2016, 3:03 PM

You don't have to accept anything....it's not your call.

As far 'deviancy', see the photos above, which one do you wan't to find yourself in the bathroom with...Janet or Ben?

Life would be so simple if everyone would just do whatever I tell them to.

:)

Re: Why is it that 0.08% of the population tells me I have to

May 10, 2016, 3:24 PM

Your example photos are those who have completed the process ... their plumbing is changed.

However, enjoy your time in the restroom with this ...

that's who you want to be in the restroom with you by your argument...

May 10, 2016, 3:46 PM

So you enjoy urinating next to a trannie who has their dress lifted up?

Re: that's who you want to be in the restroom with you by your argument...

May 10, 2016, 4:10 PM

I do not want to be in restroom with IT @ all!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a better question why did the republicans make a child molester the speaker of the house?...***

May 10, 2016, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Why is it that 0.08% of the population tells me I have to ]

May 10, 2016, 2:43 PM

So, in summary, in SC we had a confederate flag flying over the state house and that prevented any NCAA/ACC event in the state of SC. In NC, as long as the venue doesn't discriminate, they can host. Same old Swofford. Looking our for UNC at all costs.

May 10, 2016, 10:18 PM

Get " Dundee" to check them as they do in Australia.

Seems like a fine compromise

May 10, 2016, 4:57 PM

It's silly that different places have to sign some kind of statement, though, when the laws already protect everybody. Was there some sort of problem where gays and "trans" people weren't being allowed into games before? I have no idea how the law NC passed would suddenly change the fact that it wasn't an issue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic