Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A coot just bragged that debo beat Mark Fields in practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

A coot just bragged that debo beat Mark Fields in practice

Jan 28, 2019, 10:33 AM

last week on a route. lmao

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big whoop . . .

Jan 28, 2019, 10:43 AM

Hunter use to beat him EVERYDAY at practice!!!

Many times before dodoe got out of bed in the mornings!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

years of championship bling slowing Mark down

Jan 28, 2019, 10:51 AM

but seriously Deebo is a really good receiver. We all saw the Belk Bowl; they should be really worried about their offense without him. We have a better shot of refilling our entire D line than they do of replacing him for next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing I liked most about Deebo

Jan 28, 2019, 11:41 AM

Is how he became a team leader for the Coots, earning the reputation as the hardest working, most intense player on their team, and being the one guy who fought tooth and nail against us over these past few years....

Only to do the laziest and most selfish thing possible by not even bothering to attend his last bowl game with the team he "worked so hard for".

LOL

Coots gunna coot.

Re: The thing I liked most about Deebo

Jan 28, 2019, 11:59 AM

Oh, but Deebo did attend the Belk Bowl... Standing on the sideline in street clothes.

Now, why he was allowed to do that is a question for Muschump.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The thing I liked most about Deebo

Jan 28, 2019, 12:35 PM

Thats even funnier honestly

Bless his heart, I guess you grab any straw

Jan 28, 2019, 10:52 AM

Re: A coot just bragged that debo beat Mark Fields in practice

Jan 28, 2019, 10:58 AM

One route huh. ?????? looking more and more like dedo is hurting his stock rather than helping it. Missed quite a few games in colllege, sat out his teams bowl game to “not get hurt”, played in the Senior Bowl but didn’t do very much. Sounds more and more to me that Hunter is making himself money and dedo is losing it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2019, 10:58 AM

I found it odd when seeing the multiple posts about that this weekend.

They want so badly to beat Clemson in anything that they are bragging about winning practice reps. When in reality the best player in their program this past season (the past several seasons) is competing for draft stock in the same way that our 3rd or 4th best corner is.

Fields in reality is our 9th or 10th best chance for a draft pick this year. If those are the two players who should be compared between the two teams then we are in better shape than I thought against them.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:07 AM

Just glad that I'm not a fan of a team whose best and busiest two players are the punter and kick off returner.

CJ spiller ...and sammy watkins

Jan 28, 2019, 11:28 AM

Were both returners.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

" Fields in reality is our 9th or 10th best chance for a draft pick this year"

Jan 28, 2019, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: A coot just bragged that debo beat Mark Fields in practice ]

Wow... it isn't a competition man.

Good luck to fields ...and deebo on fulfilling their NFL dreams.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: " Fields in reality is our 9th or 10th best chance for a draft pick this year"

Jan 28, 2019, 11:34 AM

I am in no way bashing Fields.

I greatly appreciate everything that he did as a Tiger and I hope nothing but the best for him.

I was simply stating that if you look as possibilities of Tigers getting drafted he would be in the 9th or 10th spot for our team in terms of chance to get drafted.

We have multiple players with a 100% chance to get drafted. Listing Fields in that spot is not to put him down but to show the depth on our team this past season.

In contrast, the coots do not have that depth. Their best player in Samuel will be drafted but is fighting for his stock. I'm glad he made it through after his tough luck with injuries. I wish him the best.

It is a competition by the way. Every player spent the entire week competing to impress scouts. Fields certainly wants that rep back because sticking with Samuel would have likely earned him more money.

Also, everything is a competition vs the coots.....

Seems I need to clarify

Jan 28, 2019, 11:41 AM

It isn't our competition as fans.

If 900 scar football players make the NFL, good for those players.

If 3 clemson tigers make it, good for them as well.

Or vice versa..up or down. Sideways criss cross.

They all work hard.

Re: Seems I need to clarify

Jan 28, 2019, 11:51 AM

You are correct that as fans we do not physically compete for our players to be drafted.

However I hope that Clemson always has more players drafted than scar.

It is another checkpoint for our players to go along with the on-field results.

I am sure that our players wish the scar players the best of luck in the NFL. However, as a fan the comparison is natural.

Their hard work does not stop Tiger fans from pulling against the coots during the season. Why would we all of a sudden not compare players from each school during draft prep?

I am not pulling against Samuel in the draft. I hope he makes a lot of money and has a long career.

On the other hand, I hope that if a team is trying to decide between a scar player and a Clemson player that the Clemson player gets the nod. I pull for our players. I would rather Wilkins be picked 1st than 2nd if that is where he falls. I would imagine our players feel the same way.

I'm sure our players, just like our fans, wanted Fields to show out the way Renfrow did and boost his chances to make it to the next level.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:09 AM

Not surprised. Debo is a stud and is a much better player than Fields. Debo will beat most DB's and will have a long NFL career if he stays healthy. I am glad he left the coots.

I like your empathetic musing about another human being

Jan 28, 2019, 11:29 AM

but whether he stays or goes, it really doesn't matter... in his 4 or 5 years, he was not enough of a difference maker to increase their chance of beating us so for me, he can have another 4 years of eligibility and I believe that we will still come out on top...

as for his NFL future, I don't see him being any better as a player than Jacoby Ford or Airese Currie or his coot brother Pharoah Cooper. That's not hating on the guy, just that his comps put him at about 4-6 years and 3 or 4 teams to bounce around on...

As long as the NFL attempts to minimize return opportunities, that even further limits his potential unless Spurrier and Muscky really did him a disservice by not coaching him up to his potential as a receiver...

Re: I like your empathetic musing about another human being

Jan 28, 2019, 2:35 PM

He didn't help them beat us, but having him was the biggest difference in this season being an epic blowout along the lines of 56-14 or at least 56-21 and the score being what it was. Keep in mind also that they had 3 wins this past season by 4 points or less. Debo not only put up good numbers in those games, but demanded a lot of attention from the opposing defense which allowed Edwards and others to make plays as well. They may very well have been anywhere between 4-7 and 6-6 without him this year which is extra believable when you see how they did in the bowl without him.

I'm not sure how he'll do as a pro. I don't exactly see him being an annual pro bowler or anything, but I do see him making a bigger impact than Ford, Cooper, or Currie. I could honestly see him putting up similar production to what Sammy Watkins has done thus far in the NFL. That's putting up solid #2-#3 receiver numbers with flashes of #1 potential.

Re: I like your empathetic musing about another human being

Jan 28, 2019, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I like your empathetic musing about another human being ]

It's not about us beating the coots. That part is a given. It's about the coots sucking vs everyone else they play. Debo was a great player and that is a big loss for them and he won't be replaced. I wish Edwards would have left as well. I prefer the coots as a complete dumpster fire. I am not worried about us beating them. I don't think we lose another game for the next 2 seasons and we break the FCS record.

The play I saw,Fields recovered and swatted the ball away

Jan 28, 2019, 11:14 AM

The Coot must be talking about the ONE practice rep that Deebo won.

Practice? We talkin' about PRACTICE?

Jan 28, 2019, 11:25 AM

C'mon, man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2019, 11:25 AM

I mean what's the point of this really?

As a DB you will always give up plays and Deebo is going to be drafted in the first 2 rounds also.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:53 AM

Actual game stats for Debo: targeted 7 times, 1 completion.

By comparison, Hunter Renfrow: targeted 6 times, 5 completions.

As long as Mark had the game of his life against Bammer for a title...

Jan 28, 2019, 1:49 PM

I’m happy.

Long as Mark has a short memory and dedicated work ethic, I’m sure he can overcome this MAJOR practice setback.

??

~JKB

Jan 28, 2019, 2:42 PM

QB is not feeling same kind pressure, QB is pretty much playing flag football in practice-

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic