Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A confession, observation and conclusion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 821

A confession, observation and conclusion

Aug 31, 2014, 12:08 PM

Confession: I blamed Tajh Boyd when things went south in tough games. I thought that he struggled under the pressure. I was wrong. Looking back at the games where we fell behind (FSU with the turnovers, etc.) it was the ChadMo that couldn't work from behind.

Observation: When we were playing to win, instead of playing not to screw up, we were good.

Conclusion: This is fixable. Dabo needs to stop the self inflicted implosion that is our play calling when it's tough. He can sit Morris down and tell him to follow the game plan. Adjust if it isn't working, but not when it is. Period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is this so obvious to free consultants like you and me?***

Aug 31, 2014, 12:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is this so obvious to free consultants like you and me?***

Aug 31, 2014, 12:25 PM

ggordon is so correct! Morris had absolutely no plan to counteract an overly aggressive pass rush and the lack of that plan speaks, at least to me, of a coach who was clueless. No passes to TE the middle, no quick slant passes over the middle, no pure QB draw plays,no quick reverses,no a darn thing except his usual calls.
His play calling looks great against out manned opponents but no so good against comparable talented teams.

There are also some glaring assignment problems on OLs.***

Aug 31, 2014, 12:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A confession, observation and conclusion

Aug 31, 2014, 12:39 PM

This what befuddles me. We play Georgia just like we do Syracuse. We play FSU just like we do Duke.

Spurrier, that hated reprobate, does the opposite. He will attack your weak players and your weak positions, whether it is the left side of your line or your free safety or your corners. He will attack your weaknesses all night. We, on the other hand, play "our game" no matter what.

Not only that, we don't seem to make half time adjustments, at least none that are discernible.

Re: A confession, observation and conclusion

Aug 31, 2014, 12:48 PM

I think you fairly nailed it, ggordon. The wheels aren't coming off but the lugs certainly need snugging. We'll find out what our players and coaches are made of in the next 2 games. I personally see us bouncing back.....and in grand fashion. A win against FSU would certainly be a spring board to a great season. Gotta believe....

Replies: 5
| visibility 821
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic